Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nadine

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

Recommended Posts

Reich confuses me so much. Texans have a beat up secondary and we would rather run for a loss. This is the first time I think Jacoby looks a little in easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

Why not take a timeout as soon as down and take a shot at end zone?

Wanted to save the TO and see if they could clock it. Didn’t get lined up quick enough. It happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not happy with it but it seems pretty obvious that this is what our offense is. Even when we tore the Texans up the first time it was off of mostly crossing/rub routes. No deep stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we could just put up some more points here.  Our defense can snuff these boys out as long as we don't blow any more coverages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Why not take a timeout as soon as down and take a shot at end zone?

Yea I was mad about that to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krunk said:

I wish this offense would open up.


At this point it’s probably time to just admit that it isn’t capable. Brissett is not a QB capable of doing that. He can move the ball down the field at times, but he can’t shoulder a game, take it over, and will us to touchdowns. It doesn’t matter what happens in the secondary, Brissett will never see it. He reads his intended target and everyone else is just wasting time out there. 
 

Not that they can really prey on a secondary anyways...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.

i’m rather surprised by the negativity.

we havent played well and we’re right in there in a hostile environment against a really good team.

  We’re in great shape for the 2nd half.  We had tuff field position, penalties, and we’re right there.

  If we make the right adjustments, its ours to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, relkins said:

This announcing crew is pro Houston 

 

So are the refs

14 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Now wait a minute 71 had his hands on our rusher the exact same way that Glowinski did earlier and got flagged, but no flag there???? C’mon now what is it with this officiating????

This is one thing that makes this game (NFL) is just getting hard to watch. One time it’s a foul, next time it isn’t. I just don’t understand. The product is becoming hot pile of crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly do not think JB is 100% so Reich is going real conservative. I will take 10-10 at the half. The 1 TD they scored that was real bad blown coverage. Our O.Line should wear them down in the end but we can't allow Watson to make big plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Wanted to save the TO and see if they could clock it. Didn’t get lined up quick enough. It happens

There was 12 seconds when he went down. No chance in hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Wow.

i’m rather surprised by the negativity.

we havent played well and we’re right in there in a hostile environment against a really good team.

  We’re in great shape for the 2nd half.  We had tuff field position, penalties, and we’re right there.

  If we make the right adjustments, its ours to take.

Post of the day! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly what I would like to see is a football show where all the bad calls over the week are shown and broken down by former refs.

 

The bad plays by refs should be highlighted to it forces the refs to be accountable for their bad calls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just feel that we can snuff these boys out.  Need the offense to put up more points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krunk said:

If we could just put up some more points here.  Our defense can snuff these boys out as long as we don't blow any more coverages.

if hooker does not blow coverage again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:


At this point it’s probably time to just admit that it isn’t capable. Brissett is not a QB capable of doing that. He can move the ball down the field at times, but he can’t shoulder a game, take it over, and will us to touchdowns. It doesn’t matter what happens in the secondary, Brissett will never see it. He reads his intended target and everyone else is just wasting time out there. 
 

Not that they can really prey on a secondary anyways...

Except for the games he already did this season. 
 

good god man. Your not getting Peyton Manning Star Wars stats but I can think of games Jacoby did exactly what you just said. Willed us to a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Got to wonder if they’re just being cautious or if TY’s calf is sore.

  Love to see them open it up too but however they get a W is fine by me.
   Defense is playing well (save the fiasco on the TD to Hopkins).

   Vinny hit that last on solid.

Go Colts!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LockeDown said:

Yeah, JB is having accuracy issues and he can’t run out of the pocket as well.  


He looked, for lack of a better word, almost gimpy on that TD run. Not terribly so, just wouldn't be surprised if he's not 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Great game so far, only gripe being Wilkins not one stinking carry. 
 

Go Colts!

I am kind of surprised Reich hasn't sent TY deep one time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

There was 12 seconds when he went down. No chance in hell

Technically 15 but I stand by my point. You keep the TO so you don’t rush your inconsistent kicker if your next play is short of the goal in bounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

Yeah, JB is having accuracy issues and he can’t run out of the pocket as well.  

Yeah, a couple of throws were uncharacteristically behind receivers.  I think the knee is throwing him off just a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'm not happy with it but it seems pretty obvious that this is what our offense is. Even when we tore the Texans up the first time it was off of mostly crossing/rub routes. No deep stuff.

I don’t even see those kind of routes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Yeah, JB is having accuracy issues and he can’t run out of the pocket as well.  

Not with a log wrapped his knee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the good news is we're getting them to play our ball.  This is a team that can hang 45 on you if you're not careful.  

 

That spy is somewhat effective, but I really wish we rushed 4 guys more often.  We're forcing throws assuming Watson will break outside the pocket. 

 

Our coverage could do better than to let guys beat them off their first cut though.  

 

Offense is about what we've come to know under JB.  We're not going to move the ball in chunks.  Man I wish JB was better at anticipating receivers being open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Technically 15 but I stand by my point. You keep the TO so you don’t rush your inconsistent kicker if your next play is short of the goal in bounds.

You still have no chance of clocking. The receiver was to far down the field. You make one throw to the end zone or out of the endzone.

 

That was a no faith in your QB call. Which maybe other are right and the knee is causing some issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IndySouthsider said:

You still have no chance of clocking. The receiver was to far down the field. You make one throw to the end zone or out of the endzone.

 

That was a no faith in your QB call. Which maybe other are right and the knee is causing some issues

So you eliminate a chunk of your playbook when the other team knows it?

 

We needed the points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Technically 15 but I stand by my point. You keep the TO so you don’t rush your inconsistent kicker if your next play is short of the goal in bounds.

You wouldn't  throw short of the goal. Take the time out and if it us not there he throws it out the back of the endzone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That horse looks pretty jacked up.....   Let’s get rid of Blue and then bring Andrew back and put a horse head on him.... let him earn some of that 24 million Jimmy gave him.   
    • Remember 14 teams this playoff and only 1 team gets bye   Lowest remaining plays bye team in divisional round    1. Chiefs 2. Colts  3. Patriots  4. Bengals  5. Ravens  6. Texans  7. Broncos    Broncos at Colts: Colts Texans at Patriots: Texans Ravens at Bengals: Ravens   Ravens at Colts: Colts Texans at Chiefs: Chiefs   Colts at Chiefs: Chiefs     1. Saints  2. Cardinals  3. Cowboys  4. Vikings  5. Seahawks  6. Packers 7. Buccaneers    Buccaneers at Cardinals: Cardinals Packers at Cowboys: Cowboys  Seahawks at Vikings: Seahawks    Cowboys at Cardinals: Cardinals  Seahawks at Saints: Seahawks    Seahawks at Cardinals: Cardinals    SB 55 Cardinals vs Chiefs: Cardinals SB MVP Hopkins 
    • Tom even split his pants. Too much off season eating.
    • Why would Reich praise Kelly so effusively if he might want to stash him away on the practice squad?  Wouldn’t this seem more likely to lead to losing him, especially if we cannot pay extra money to our favorite PS players?    Perhaps he’s not worried about losing him, but last year he specifically stated that he wanted to keep him on active roster after promoting him from PS to avoid that risk.    Reading between the tea leaves, I think the Colts no longer see a future with Kelly.  His current purpose is to serve as “competition” for Eason to bring out the best in that kid. 
    • 1. Vikings 12-4 2. Packers 10-6 3. Bears 8-8 4. Lions 7-9
  • Members

    • dw49

      dw49 3,234

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 9,754

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Virtuoso80

      Virtuoso80 529

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • B~Town

      B~Town 650

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,868

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • KB

      KB 504

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 3,889

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 12,371

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CheezyColt

      CheezyColt 887

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bsteves

      bsteves 169

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...