Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
bertjones7

RB Workload Distribution vs Texans

Now that Wilkins is expected to play, what do we expect to happen tonight in terms of rb usage?

I’m thinking Hines role remains mostly unchanged but having a hard time predicting the usage between Wilkins & Williams. Wilkins was the clear backup all year and now Williams is coming off a big game.  

Do we expect:

1. 50/50 split

2. Wilkins as primary ball carrier and Williams the back up

3. Williams the primary & Wilkins the back up

Williams the primary because Wilkins probably doesn't have his 

football legs coming off of an injury.

Our running game won't be a very big threat to the Texans today so I think we lean a lot towards passing and Brissett throws 40 times. Brissett is 3-0 against the Texans and I think he'll keep that streak going, I think we might see a great game from Brissett, this will be one of his best games this year, I think. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Our running game won't be a very big threat to the Texans today so I think we lean a lot towards passing and Brissett throws 40 times. Brissett is 3-0 against the Texans and I think he'll keep that streak going, I think we might see a great game from Brissett, this will be one of his best games this year, I think. 

4-0 against  texans. Won once  in ne and three times with us

I would think Williams deserved the starting nod and the first couple of series...but I am guessing they will rotate somewhat even if Williams establishes the hot hand. Going to be very interesting to see adjustments from HOU on pass defense...and if Reich mixes it up in the passing game.

60/40 Run/Pass ratio.

32 Rushes - 16 Wilkens, 13 Williams, 3 Hines

Wiiliams ball security scares me.  There were several times he was running with the ball loosely in one arm through mobs.  I hope he doesn't cost us big with fumbles running this way.  Mack and Wilkins both double up their arms. I think Wilkins starts and Williams comes in like he did with Mack.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Much depends on Wilkins’ health. But maybe “starting” is not as much of a big deal as in past games. I can see them utilizing Hines a lot because of the dual threat.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts attacked the secondary, given the Texans injuries. 

• Thanks 1

Prob go with the hot hand. With Watt out, Texans have been giving up more yards in the run game. 

I'd really like to see more dump off RB passes out of the backfield regardless. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Prob go with the hot hand. With Watt out, Texans have been giving up more yards in the run game. 

I'd really like to see more dump off RB passes out of the backfield regardless. 

Yep, feed Williams and Wilkins to start the game and stick with the hot hand. I do like that Williams may bring a receiving threat that we have not had out of our RBs (I mean typical RBs, not whatever Hines is).

• Like 1

Hopefully Williams as the primary to see if last week was a fluke or if we really have something. The fact that I picked him up in fantasy this week totally doesn't influence my answer here ;)

9 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Hopefully Williams as the primary to see if last week was a fluke or if we really have something. The fact that I picked him up in fantasy this week totally doesn't influence my answer here ;)

My only concern is that while fighting for extra yardage, ball security cannot be compromised. Williams played like a man who's trying to prove something and fights for the yardage, but sometimes it is not worth it. However, the rock solid aspect for all our RBs is our OL. If our OL plays well, most of our RBs should run well.

2 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

As long as our recievers play better and get open better then ya I could see that but I could also see them not respecting our running game without mack and paying dearly for it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, open window said:

I would expect Wilkins to get Mack’s touches. 3rd down Hines and a handful of carries for Williams.

I don't know, everything I've heard on Indy radio today pointed to Williams starting, and getting a similar load to Mack, and then Wilkins spelling him, Hines role pretty much the same...

I know nothing 

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

I don't know, everything I've heard on Indy radio today pointed to Williams starting, and getting a similar load to Mack, and then Wilkins spelling him, Hines role pretty much the same...