Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
EastStreet

Colts Playoff Chances: Playoff Machine Calculator

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Thanks I got us at 12-4 with Super Bowl victory wow amazing machine :headspin:

I still prefer my hot tub time machine. I just can't give up the 80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bumping this.... 

 

for all those that want to dream about still making the playoffs.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

bumping this.... 

 

for all those that want to dream about still making the playoffs.... 

Yeah I have it at 30% now. If we would've won tonight I would've said 80%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have it at 30% now. If we would've won tonight I would've said 80%

Now we have to rely on others losing. We're likely to get pushed out by the Raiders with a tie breaker lol.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Now we have to rely on others losing. We're likely to get pushed out by the Raiders with a tie breaker lol.... 

Yeah I can't believe I have to root the Pats next week crazy homer simpson GIF

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pats usually let us down when we actually have a reason to root for them to win to help us out.  They are good for nothing in the eyes of a Colts fan.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose to Houston next week. 
 

To be honest...the Colts don’t deserve to make the playoffs with the way they have played. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prior to the game...I read that this game would have a 43% swing for IND and a 38% swing for HOU. It was about as must-win as a Week 12 game can be. But who knows what will happen. I just hate that the Colts don't have any tiebreakers over the teams still in the hunt...except for KC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Prior to the game...I read that this game would have a 43% swing for IND and a 38% swing for HOU. It was about as must-win as a Week 12 game can be. But who knows what will happen. I just hate that the Colts don't have any tiebreakers over the teams still in the hunt...except for KC.

ESPN just said we have roughly a 40% chance to still get in. They show us currently the 7th team lol, with the Raiders 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

ESPN just said we have roughly a 40% chance to still get in. They show us currently the 7th team lol, with the Raiders 6th.

 

It's definitely possible...even if they lose to NO. OAK has six games left...and three are very losable. Of course they would have to lose all 3...but it's possible.

 

BUF also has three very losable games left. I am guessing they would have any tiebreaker over the Colts though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

It's definitely possible...even if they lose to NO. OAK has six games left...and three are very losable. Of course they would have to lose all 3...but it's possible.

 

BUF also has three very losable games left. I am guessing they would have any tiebreaker over the Colts though. 

 

While I love the intrigue and chase to try and get in, short of a planets aligning moment or moments, we'd likely get boat raced playing either of the top 2 teams.... 

 

It pains me to say it, but I either hope we make the playoffs, or lose the rest lol.... If we're not going to go to the post season, I want the best draft position available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very tough one to swallow, better years ahead.  having to scoreboard watch is just the worst, absolutely the worst.  it's bad enough knowing that you can't get a playoff game at home, but even worse knowing what could have been with a single victory even after all the bad losses and that outside of their home game with the Pats, that the Texans have a cake-walk the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

 

While I love the intrigue and chase to try and get in, short of a planets aligning moment or moments, we'd likely get boat raced playing either of the top 2 teams.... 

 

It pains me to say it, but I either hope we make the playoffs, or lose the rest lol.... If we're not going to go to the post season, I want the best draft position available. 


Mediocrity is far worse than being terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We essentially need to win out. Even finishing with one more loss at 10-6, we will likely miss the playoffs to the Steelers or Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

We essentially need to win out. Even finishing with one more loss at 10-6, we will likely miss the playoffs to the Steelers or Bills.

A lot of If's but if we win the rest of our division games = Titans and at Jags and the Texans lose to the Pats and lose 1 to the Titans we could still win the division. I think we will lose to the Saints, but it is possible that the Colts and Texans finish 10-6 but the Colts have the better division record. That isn't even a stretch.

 

I am very disappointed with the play calling tonight, when we were up 17-10, Reich should've went for the kill and he didn't. We kept handing off after hand off, etc.. JB played bad but he never got a real chance to put the game away. Reich needs to let JB control the play calling more, I don't think JB is allowed to change plays because at one point we handed the ball off 19 out of 20 times in a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of If's but if we win the rest of our division games = Titans and at Jags and the Texans lose to the Pats and lose 1 to the Titans we could still win the division. I think we will lose to the Saints, but it is possible that the Colts and Texans finish 10-6 but the Colts have the better division record. That isn't even a stretch.

 

I am very disappointed with the play calling tonight, when we were up 17-10, Reich should've went for the kill and he didn't. We kept handing off after hand off, etc.. JB played bad but he never got a real chance to put the game away. Reich needs to let JB control the play calling more, I don't think JB is allowed to change plays because at one point we handed the ball off 19 out of 20 times in a row. 

 

It's an interesting question, how much freedom does he have at the line of scrimmage? You'd be able to get some idea from watching back the film and seeing if there are adjustments being made at the line. 

 

Oddly I'm still quite weirdly positive about our chances to make the playoffs, mainly because the rest of the AFC is just as inconsistent. I'm not so sure making the playoffs would be the best thing to happen though :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

It's an interesting question, how much freedom does he have at the line of scrimmage? You'd be able to get some idea from watching back the film and seeing if there are adjustments being made at the line. 

 

Oddly I'm still quite weirdly positive about our chances to make the playoffs, mainly because the rest of the AFC is just as inconsistent. I'm not so sure making the playoffs would be the best thing to happen though :P

I love the ground and pound game but it got to a point where when we kept running it, I was like WTH lmao . Honestly I do not think JB is allowed to change plays at the line after watching tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Andrew Luck we would be 9-2 right now IMO, I hope he is happy and watching. He ruined any chance we had of winning the SB when he left us/his teammates more importantly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With Andrew Luck we would be 9-2 right now IMO, I hope he is happy and watching. He ruined any chance we had of winning the SB when he left us/his teammates more importantly. 

 

Perhaps we would, perhaps not. 

 

If it was anyone else I'd think we'd get a fuller story somewhere down the line, it never smelt right, but as he's so private I do wonder if we'll ever know what really happened behind the scenes. The timing was beyond strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love the ground and pound game but it got to a point where when we kept running it, I was like WTH lmao . Honestly I do not think JB is allowed to change plays at the line after watching tonight. 

Maybe it's time people realised that JB just isn't that good

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

Perhaps we would, perhaps not. 

 

If it was anyone else I'd think we'd get a fuller story somewhere down the line, it never smelt right, but as he's so private I do wonder if we'll ever know what really happened behind the scenes. The timing was beyond strange. 

Probably 10-1 haha . We would be 7-4 with JB had he played vs Miami. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Maybe it's time people realised that JB just isn't that good

Let the season play out, you may be right or you may be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably 10-1 haha . We would be 7-4 with JB had he played vs Miami. 

And 8-3 if he finished the Steelers game.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

It's an interesting question, how much freedom does he have at the line of scrimmage? You'd be able to get some idea from watching back the film and seeing if there are adjustments being made at the line. 

 

Oddly I'm still quite weirdly positive about our chances to make the playoffs, mainly because the rest of the AFC is just as inconsistent. I'm not so sure making the playoffs would be the best thing to happen though :P

Win divisional games, take 2/3 from NFC south, Colts will be in at 10-6.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Prior to the game...I read that this game would have a 43% swing for IND and a 38% swing for HOU. It was about as must-win as a Week 12 game can be. But who knows what will happen. I just hate that the Colts don't have any tiebreakers over the teams still in the hunt...except for KC.

   I ran through this and if the Texans lose to NE and at Tenn and the Colts lose only to NO, Colts will be Division winner.

    Both will be 10-6 and the Colts will be 5-1 in the Division while the Texans will be 4-2.

     What gets lost after a game like last night, are the great plays we have made in the passing game this year.

      

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

   I ran through this and if the Texans lose to NE and at Tenn and the Colts lose only to NO, Colts will be Division winner.

    Both will be 10-6 and the Colts will be 5-1 in the Division while the Texans will be 4-2.

     What gets lost after a game like last night, are the great plays we have made in the passing game this year.

      

I posted this earlier, see above. That is why it is far from over :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be realistic, JB is not the QB that is capable of taking this team to the playoffs. He's too predictable, other teams have already caught on, the Texans with their make shift secondary shut down the passing game. Team got out coach, out played so playoff hopes is just dust in the wind.  Be lucky to win another game with JB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

   I ran through this and if the Texans lose to NE and at Tenn and the Colts lose only to NO, Colts will be Division winner.

    Both will be 10-6 and the Colts will be 5-1 in the Division while the Texans will be 4-2.

     What gets lost after a game like last night, are the great plays we have made in the passing game this year.

      

 

I think if the Texans lose any other games (in addition to the NE game)...and the Colts run the table...the Colts will have the tiebreaker...either through division record or common games. But barring that...the Colts will be playing for the WC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Mediocrity is far worse than being terrible. 

 

Bingo SCC. And mediocrity can actually impact a locker room and fan base as much as "terrible". 

 

My biggest fear is that mediocrity might be excused or even embraced to an extent by some (fans, players, FO).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to root for the Steelers and Raiders to lose more games because of the head-to-head we have lost against them. Steelers, I am confident, will end up with at least 7 losses. Raiders, we have to cheer for 3 more losses because it will give us the margin of error for 1 more loss, which I think is the best we can do, 10-6.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I’m sticking with my 10-6 and winning the Division. 
   It’s not like the Colts have never had a deep passing game with Brissett.

   The concerns? Can Hilton, Campbell and Funchess make a difference? Can they get healthy and develop timing with Brissett?

   We’ll see. If they can, the Colts can make the playoffs. A lot is going to depend Reich’s play calling as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I posted this earlier, see above. That is why it is far from over :thmup:

I Don't  see the texans losing to the titans. The bottom  line is all we had to do is show up on offense and stomp on the Texans throats. Instead we let them  hang around  like chargers,  dolphins,  and Steelers. Infact other than the jags we have let everyone  hang around.  Now we will probably  watch playoffs from home unless the raiders win the division  and the chiefs finish with the same record  as us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bo Scarborough is available, drop Guice or McLaurin for him? Or not at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Andrew Luck we would be 9-2 right now IMO, I hope he is happy and watching. He ruined any chance we had of winning the SB when he left us/his teammates more importantly. 

 

If Jacoby had played every game this season he would be at least 8-3, and with a kicker 9-2. So not much difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Bo Scarborough is available, drop Guice or McLaurin for him? Or not at all?

 

Sure...DET is at least trying to win football games. But if they use Guice in the passing game...he could have a nice floor going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shastamasta said:

 

Sure...DET is at least trying to win football games. But if they use Guice in the passing game...he could have a nice floor going forward. 

Lol, idk how I posted this so far from the other topic. My bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Playing Kelly for one game though isn’t going to really tell them much. But if he has worked hard I don’t have a problem giving him some time in the jags game to reward him for his hard work.
    • But this gives you so much valuable information as an organization, it clears up so much.  You can go into the draft will a much better direction.  If Chad wasn't close to as good to Jacoby then why keep him?  You can find much more stable backups than Chad.  Heck, we already have one of those guys in Hoyer.   1.  We have a guy with huge upside, so maybe we do get Love and see if he develops and gives Chad a run for his money.  Also, Chad my screw up again.   2.  Be aggressive in the draft because neither are going to be the guy.  They can fight it out for the backup.  See if you can get something for Jacoby or Chad.   3.  See number 2.     Show the team that the Colts walk the walk and that there will be competition at every level 
    • I couldn't agree more.  Who gets drafted where is so important to that QB's chances for success for all the reasons you mentioned above.   I think the Colts would be one of those franchises where a rookie would develop quickly and could wind up starting sooner rather than later.  Regarding Kelly none of us know anything about his leadership abilities.  He certainly looked in command of the team in the limited time we saw him play.  He's been squeaky clean this year off the field so maybe he has settled down.  We will see I guess.  Colin Cowherd had an interesting segment on his show today.  He talked about the success rate in the NFL of QB's coming out of Major programs with 4 and 5 star recruits versus the mid tier programs and the 3 star recruits.  The mid tier programs won in his analysis and this year he actually compared Burroughs to Love as an example of a power school to a mid tier school.  Interesting listen if you can find it.  He too feels where they land will determine how successful they become.  I have a feeling Love is going to get a lot of love leading up to the draft.  If he truly turns out to be Ballards guy I believe he is going to have to go out and get him.  JMO.
    • What about drafting a QB? Doesn't that tell JB he isn't the guy, and is just keeping the seat warm for when the new guy is ready?   If Kelly starts JB will get over it, and the team will embrace the staff for doing everything possible for this season and the future of the team.
    • There will never be another Peyton so we do agree on the 1% chance of landing something like that. I said 10% on landing someone Luck, perhaps that may have been a bit low but I would say a 20% chance is pushing it. We would have to get really lucky a 3rd time and hope whoever we draft ends up like Wilson or Mahomes. That is doubtful though.    Regarding Tom Brady I will say this, he has made the most out of his situation and accomplished 6 SB wins. I agree with your concept overall though, if a rookie QB goes to a good situation (like Wilson did) they have a better chance of succeeding. I love our GM, like our Coach, love our O.line but not happy with our WR core or our defense. Our defense has played great at times than has looked bad like this past Sunday.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...