Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Not sure why you're trying to push back so hard....   1.   Making 3-5 times more money(maybe more?)  for doing less work is typically all it takes to get someone to change their job or career.    That alone is typically enough for most people.   But you can add to that....   2.    Whether it's Southern California, or if it was New York,  it's one location and that beats the life of a scout who is typically away from home more than half the year staying in not great hotels and putting in 12-16 hour days in far away places.   3.    He doesn't have to worry about having to uproot his family again because his team didn't ahve a good year.  Jeremiah was a scout for 3 different teams.   That's three moves for the family. In his TV job,  he's not going anywhere.   4.    He's likely doing a fair amount of his work from the comfort of his own home.   He can view tape at his home.   And he has a staff of people that help with the show he works on.     5.    He gets to pick and choose when and where he goes on the road.   Doubtful he has someone giving him orders.   He's likely his own boss.      6.    Far less stress.    It's not do good or get fired.   To be clear,  he has to be good at his job,  but it's easier in ths setting than it is as a scout.    No one is looking over his shoulder and breathing down his neck.    Life is good for DJ.   If you don't like him,  or like someone else more,  great.    Follow them.   But I'm not aware of any anti-DJ movement either from complaints coming from the NFL or from media observers.  
    • Conklin’s really only had two decent years, both bookending his time in Nashville. He’s going to be an example of a guy getting paid way too much after a contract year breakout. I’m assuming he sets the new bar on RTs salary this offseason, not getting paid as much as Solder did a couple years ago, but at least matching him as a free agency bust. Plus he’s only played RT in his NFL career so I certainly wouldn’t look at him as Castonzo’s replacement. 
    • A respectful reminder....   Jeremiah is going to do a number of these,  and some names are going to fall off the board and some new names are going to pop up....   So,  odds are he'll do one before the Combine...    then after the combine....    then after the Pro Days....    and then likely right before the draft...     And with each new one,  look for the new names that appear and the old names that leave....  
    • Well, I do recognize that at his draft, Conklin was also projected as being a rock at guard. It was surprising to me that he was made into a RT.     Still though, sign him ... then either he or Smith becomes our stud RG.   Either way, with the replacement of Glowinski, by a red chip player, the Colts OL would become, by my estimation, even hugely more formidable!   Go Colts!    
    • Yea , but if they had Mahomes  they might be undefeated 
  • Members

• Kc77

Kc77 0

Rookie
    • Fluke_33

Fluke_33 1,041

• funktacious2

funktacious2 602

• csmopar

csmopar 8,976

• LockeDown