Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
csmopar

ty

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

i posted this in the matchup thread

 

 

He stated in anothe one of those threads that he doesn't have to practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fine if he pulls an Allen Iverson and goes ahead and just plays. :) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, it's all about him and the docs. But if he takes another week, then that probably means he comes back in good shape next week, which would be good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see a decoy type role early on, then send him out for real more, later in the game, if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

To me, it's all about him and the docs. But if he takes another week, then that probably means he comes back in good shape next week, which would be good.

We need him against the Texans though.    Biggest game of the year.   We get an extra 3 days rest before playing the Titans, so I hope he plays.  I hadn't heard anything on Funchess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myles said:

We need him against the Texans though.    Biggest game of the year.   We get an extra 3 days rest before playing the Titans, so I hope he plays.  I hadn't heard anything on Funchess.

 

I know we need him, but he needs to be ready. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

I know we need him, but he needs to be ready. 

 

Coming back too early and reinjuring himself will be a bigger set back than not having him.  I think we can beat the Texans without him, though he tends to have very big games against them and I'd like our odds better with him around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is 100% and there is no chance of re injuring it he should play. I would think if that’s the case they will let him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In an attempt to bribe the Football Gods, Beowulf the Quaker Parrot has promise to give up pretzels for a week if TY leads us to victory this Thursday ! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he is 100% and there is no chance of re injuring it he should play. I would think if that’s the case they will let him.

I doubt he’ll be 100%.  Many of our guys are playing at less than 100%.  And there is always a chance of re-injury, but i know what you mean.

 

  I could see them using him somewhat situationally to bring him back to speed.

  It does concern me that he’ll have no real practice time before Thursday tho, which i could see swaying Reich toward waiting until the following week.

  I’d feel alot better if TY and Desir were out there against Houston.  ALOT better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, this game makes or breaks the season. If he can play at all, we need him. With Mack out, we need at least one of our weapons back. If we lose Thursday night we're in 7th place, and without the head to head on the Raiders and their easy schedule the rest of the way I don't see us catching them, especially since we have to play in NO.

Might want to win this one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I doubt he’ll be 100%.  Many of our guys are playing at less than 100%.  And there is always a chance of re-injury, but i know what you mean.

 

  I could see them using him somewhat situationally to bring him back to speed.

  It does concern me that he’ll have no real practice time before Thursday tho, which i could see swaying Reich toward waiting until the following week.

  I’d feel alot better if TY and Desir were out there against Houston.  ALOT better.

TY barely practiced last year and still tore it up. TY is a veteran and likely spends hours studying, I doubt he needs practice. If TY goes out there, he'll give it all and will be a major boost.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If TY comes back and injures himself but we win, I think we will be okay for the next 3 games - though I would love to have him against the Saints.

 

If we rest him against the Texans and lose, it would really screw up the division chances.  I want the division more than the overall record...I think?

 

I hope he plays this Thursday and we win, AND he doesn't re-injure himself.  Ultimately, like Supes says, it's up to the TY and the docs.  I put money on TY being out there Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

If TY comes back and injures himself but we win, I think we will be okay for the next 3 games - though I would love to have him against the Saints.

 

If we rest him against the Texans and lose, it would really screw up the division chances.  I want the division more than the overall record...I think?

 

I hope he plays this Thursday and we win, AND he doesn't re-injure himself.  Ultimately, like Supes says, it's up to the TY and the docs.  I put money on TY being out there Thursday.

If TY were to reinjure himself vs the Texans but we win, I might take that as a fair trade depending on how long he'd be out. I don't see us beating the Saints, but if Funchess and Campbell come back I think we can and should beat the Titans, Bucs, Panthers, and Jags, even without TY. We really have a chance to shut the door on Houston if we win tomorrow night. If we were to beat Houston, Tenn, and Jax all again, we would be in prime position for the division crown.

Personally, with how good Houston can play, I think we at least need to beat them, Tenn, Jax, and the Bucs to get the division

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

TY barely practiced last year and still tore it up. TY is a veteran and likely spends hours studying, I doubt he needs practice. If TY goes out there, he'll give it all and will be a major boost.

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he is 100% and there is no chance of re injuring it he should play. I would think if that’s the case they will let him.

So, you agree with everyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The psychological boost of him just suited up would be tremendous.

 

This. 

 

TY is the face of the franchise right now. We proved we can win without him on Sunday. But when this team has TY on the field, it doesn't matter what he does, they are a better football team. Brissett has to have more confidence knowing #13 is on the field with him... I know #12 always did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If TY is even at just 80% I would play him. I seriously doubt JB was 100% on Sunday after being injured. Most players aren't this time of year. This game coming up is like a playoff game. If we win this, we are in the driver seat to win the division. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The psychological boost of him just suited up would be tremendous.

Absolutely. Team’s coverages when TY is on the field change dramatically. Even if TY is out there, the double teams he’ll draw put the Texans at a disadvantage, and will free up Pascal and Rogers. Also, the Texans worry about TY. Him being out there will at least scare them a little, and we need initimidation considering we’re walking into the lion’s den.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If TY is even at just 80% I would play him. I seriously doubt JB was 100% on Sunday after being injured. Most players aren't this time of year. This game coming up is like a playoff game. If we win this, we are in the driver seat to win the division. 

Idk, with the way JB broke Calais Campbell’s ankles on that TD pass, his knee looked fine to me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Maybe he did decide to retire at the end of last season, but consider this:  Would Ballard have been able to attract FAs with Brissett as his QB?  Maybe Ballard asked Luck to hold off on retirement so he could sign some good FAs first (Funchess, Houston, etc) under the guise that they would get to play with Luck.  Maybe Ballard, Reich, and Luck realized it might be best for the team if Luck waited until August to retire, even though he might have decided to do so last January.     And for what it's worth, Luck was going to give the money back, but Irsay insisted he keep it (just in case he decides to come back so the Colts still retain his rights).   You're free to assume the worst, but we don't know, and we probably never will.
    • I have similar thoughts on Love, but not sure what happened this year is something he's "learned". I think it was just a little unavoidable given all changes to the program, and a product of him being asked to do too much. Not sure if the bad would carry over to a better situation and better coaching.   I agree on Fromm. I'm still up in the air on Eason. Did he say anything about Herbert?
    • Just curious, do you feel the same way about Barry Sanders?   He retired abruptly in July right before training camp, not at the end of the previous season.  So the Lions went through the offseason (draft, free agency) thinking he would play, the fans thought he was going to play, but he abruptly retires and on top of that flies to London.   Granted, this was before Twitter, so his retirement wasn't leaked to Adam Schefter and wasn't nearly as sloppy as Lucks retirement.  But do you feel like Sanders "quit" on the Lions?
    • Ballard does seem to focus on a position group in the draft. WRs this time? QBs? Lol
    • I watch a YouTube account called strong opinion sports. He is an ex college QB who watches lots of tape and has good breakdowns. He says that Love has Patrick Mahomes talent and needs to sit behind a veteran QB to learn good habits. Carrying a bad team caused him to learn bad habits and hurt his development. He does not like Eason at all. He thinks Fromm is a good leader but is not super talented. He was surrounded by great players and still struggled somewhat. And of course he loves Burrow.  Who doesn’t ?
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...