• Indy by 21+
  2. 2. Will Brissett have another great game vs Houston

• Yes, he'll do even better than his 326 yard, 4 TD game
    • Yes, but not the level of Game 1
    • It will be a mixed bag but not bad
    • He'll have a bad game
  3. 3. How will our D perform

• Great - we'll shut down Hyde again, and limit Watkins
    • Good - we won't be as good as last time, but we'll limit them to 24 or less
    • Poor - we'll give up 25-35 pts
    • Awful - we'll give up 36+

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/22/2019 at 12:30 AM

Summaries especially for @CoachLite :goodluck:

Quick Summary - Houston's O vs Colts D

Passing - we gave up 300+ last game and 2 WRs had 100+, but Houston was also playing from behind a lot. Our DBs are a little gimpy and Willis will be out, so I'm assuming Watkins will get his. We had 2 INTs last game which helped diminish the 300+. 

Rushing - We did an outstanding job vs Hyde in the first game. Not sure we can do that again. If we can come out and play well on O, I think we'll force Houston to pass more and run less. If Hyde has a good day, it's probably bad for us.

Overall - I don't think we'll get 2 INTs this week, and I doubt we are able to shut down Hyde again. If Watkins gets over the ankle issue, we'll probably struggle in both phases. We need to dictate from the beginning and get after him with the DL. Hoping Flus is creative this week.

Houston Offense

7th in total yards per game (380.2)

14th in passing yards per game (239.5)

5th in total rushing yards per game (140.7)

10th in total points per game (24.5)

6th in Red Zone Offense % (65.71) 

16th best in INTs thrown (7)

22nd best in sacks taken (32)

Out - 

DNP (Monday) - None

LP (Monday - Fuller WR (hamstring - will likely be GT decision), Howard G/T (knee)

FP (Monday) - Watson QB (ankle)

VS

Colts Defense

11th in total yards per game allowed (325.6)

11th in passing yards allowed (228.8)

9th in rushing yards allowed (96.8)

15th in points per game allowed (20.6)

10th in Red Zone Defense % (51.72%)

19th best in INTs (7)

15th best in sacks (25)

26th in blitz % (22.8%)

25th in QB hurry % (8.5%)

25th in total QB pressure % (21.2%)

Out - Willis SS (conc)

DNP (Monday) - Geathers SS (rest), Odum FS (shoulder), Taylor CB (ankle), Ya-Sin CB (ankle)

LP (Monday) -  Desir CB (Hamstring)

Quick Summary - Houston's D vs Colts O

Passing - Even when healthy, Houston has one of the worst passing Ds in the league. And they are not healthy. 3 of their 4 starting DBs are banged up, and another 2 depth DBs are gimpy. And while they blitz a lot, they are dead last in the league in total QB pressures. Even with an gimpy WR unit, we should easily dominate them here. Look for Pascal, Hines, and the TEs be very productive if targeted. It would be real nice to get Hilton and/or Campbell back.

Rushing - Houston is decent vs the run, but has been very inconsistent. I think we'll be fine with Williams if we play a man blocking scheme and don't get to cute. Houston is vulnerable on the edge too, so wouldn't be surprised to see Hines get some carries.

Overall - There's no reason we shouldn't score points in the passing game. The game will likely be on JB's arm, and he should have another big game vs Houston this week. Rushing may be a bit frustrating, but I don't think we need a lot vs Houston. If we struggle on O, I think Houston will play ball control, Hyde will do well, and we'll be in trouble. 

Houston Defense

25th in total yards per game allowed (374.4)

29th in passing yards allowed (272.4)

13th in rushing yards allowed (102.0)

19th in points per game allowed (23.2)

30th in Red Zone Defense % (65.52%)

28th best in INTs (5)

26th best in sacks (22)

9th in blitz % (32.9)

30th in QB hurry % (7.3%)

32nd in total QB pressure (18%)

Out - 

DNP (Monday) - Adams S (conc), Johnson CB (ankle), Reid S (conc+shoulder)

LP (Monday) - Cole ILB (knee), Gipson S (back), Roby CB (hamstring - will likely be GT decision)

VS

Colts Offense

21st in total yards per game (343.8)

28/29th (tied) in passing yards per game (202.7)

4th in total rushing yards per game (141.1)

16th in total points per game (22.7)

8th in Red Zone Offense % (63.16)

17/18th best in INTs thrown (8)

9th best in sacks taken (20)

Out - Mack RB (hand)

DNP (Monday) - Alie-Cox TE (Thumb), Castonzo LT (Toe), Ebron TE (Ankle), Hilton WR (Calf), Wilkins RB (ankle)

LP (Monday) - Campbell WR (hand)

Prediction

Waiting to see how injuries go tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If TY comes back I think JB will have the same type of game as last time. Not sure what will happen if he doesn’t. I think we will run better without Watt and Reid.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If TY comes back I think JB will have the same type of game as last time. Not sure what will happen if he doesn’t. I think we will run better without Watt and Reid.

Watt really isn't/wasn't huge in the running game. 

Reid would be a big loss if he ends up not playing.

• Like 1

On offense, it depends on the health of our WR core. If TY can play then we can get something going on offense, even if he dosnt produce big. Houston will always do their best to take away TY which leaves someone else open. The right side of the line dosnt have to worry about Watt. Hopefully we can still get a running game going with no Mack.

On defense, I think they're about to put some points up. They just about got shut out, and offenses like theirs usually follow those  with high scoring games. The secondary is going to have their hands full we with Hopkins if Desir dosnt play. 

37 - 35 Colts

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Even if TY just plays as a decoy it will be a big help. 

Houston's standard MO is to double the top WR/TE threat. And they're so bad we should have plenty of options regardless if TY is back or not. Of course we want TY to play, but there should be plenty of folks open regardless.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What practice??? This week or is he talking about awhile ago? 

5 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

What practice??? This week or is he talking about awhile ago? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Houston's standard MO is to double the top WR/TE threat. And they're so bad we should have plenty of options regardless if TY is back or not. Of course we want TY to play, but there should be plenty of folks open regardless.

Im not going to say that cause remember it was less than two weeks ago we got beat by a bunch of bartenders.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wonder why this thing is still a problem he hasn't played in almost a month and a half week 7 was his last game played since he missed the Denver, Pittsburgh, dolphins, and jags game.

11 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I wonder why this thing is still a problem he hasn't played in almost a month and a half week 7 was his last game played since he missed the Denver, Pittsburgh, dolphins, and jags game.

Hamstrings on corners can be bad. Roby has missed a month for the Texans. I think they have tried to get him back as close as they can’t to 100% for this game. I think they trust the other corners to get things done.

44 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Im not going to say that cause remember it was less than two weeks ago we got beat by a bunch of bartenders.

That was a complete debacle of coaching prep and game plan.

I don't see that happening again.

10 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

giphy.gif

I was like WTH too.

The last three games since the Watt injury the Texans are allowing 6.61 yards per carry. Which ranks 31st right ahead of Jax.

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The last three games since the Watt injury the Texans are allowing 6.61 yards per carry. Which ranks 31st right ahead of Jax.

The last three games.

Raiders - 4.0

Jags - 4.9 mainly because of Minshew having a couple big scrambles

Ravens - 7.3 - due to L. Jackson's big scrambles, and a 60+ yard TD run by Edwards.

The 6.3 is a little misleading. It's really one game, and that one game had only a few big gains from the QB scrambling and a very long TD of 60+ yards by Edwards (this is an edge run where the DBs all get manhandled downfield - link below).  And the Jags game wouldn't be 4.9 without several big scrambles. Not sure how much I put that on the loss of JJW. More of an impact to sacks/qb pressure, which they don't rank well there to begin with. Unless JB is going to use his feet a whole lot, not much to see here.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/highlight-gus-the-bus-rolls-for-63-yard-touchdown

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is Crennel fear mongering his players lol. Whatever it takes I guess, but he's throwing a dart with a blindfold on in terms of prediction.

We are now approaching the endgame for our season: the war of attrition. Last men standing basically wins.

Shocked Paris can't go yet with him being limited all week, still struggling to catch the ball I imagine. Nice to see TY has a shot and Wilkins looks like he's good to go. 

So our healthy corners for this game are:

1. Desir
  2. Moore
  3. Tell
  4. Wilson
  5. Hopfully Rock

And updates on Funchess for the game tommorow?

1 minute ago, krunk said:

And updates on Funchess for the game tommorow?

Haven’t seen that they have activated him yet. My guess is next week.

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Haven’t seen that they have activated him yet. My guess is next week.

They can activate him tomorrow I believe.  But I do agree, I doubt see him this week

If Roby can’t go or is hobbled the Texans have two new corners. This might get interesting.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

They can activate him tomorrow I believe.

With it being a away game not sure they would do that on game day. Someone has to be released also. Haven’t seen that yet. I think they will want a contact practice first.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

With it being a away game not sure they would do that on game day. Someone has to be released also. Haven’t seen that yet. I think they will want a contact practice first.

Agreed. Just saying technically, they could. In practice, they wont.

• Like 1