Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Colt Overseas

Curtis Weaver - DE - Boise State

What are people's thoughts of Curtis Weaver?

He is fast becoming my favourite player in this draft. The DE comes in at 6'3 265lbs, has 12.5 sacks through 10 games this year. He has dominated the Mountain West, recently becoming the all-time sack leader. Albeit this isn't a strong conference.

He has most of the tools you want in a DE. Big, physical, good at the POA, he shows some bend/ hip flexibility around the edge for a big guy. He can also rush from the interior. He seems to have a good work ethic, he started off as a DT and lost weight to make it as an EDGE defender.

I think he would make a very good Left Defensive End in the NFL, a DE that can be stout against the run but also give us pass rush. We have Sheard there, who is doing a great job on 1st and 2nd down, but if we don't want to renew his contract, I think Weaver could be a good replacement. Ballard has been looking to draft a good every down DE for all his time here. He is rising through people's boards, but the is a chance he could be available at the start of the second round with the Redskins pick. Although PFF have him at #15.

Some footage of him

• Like 1

Can never have enough pass rushers, especially since Tyquan Lewis is looking like a bust. I'd be all for getting him in the 2nd. He would fill the Jabaal Sheard role perfectly long term for this defense I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Haven't watched him yet, but the few draft podcasts I listen to are effusive with their praises for him and think he will be a 1st rounder when it's said and done. I will have to take a look. 

• Like 2

He seems to come from the DT spot as much as the DE spot.... he would be too small at the NFL level to play any DT

Very strong guy, but doesnt seem to have speed needed at NFL levels from the little tape I saw

My gut says he is a tweener.....  (Maybe a little like Tyquan Lewis)

I believe that we are going to be drafting in the mid 20s

The top two DE guys (Young, Epenesa) will be drafted a LONG time before our pick

I could see us taking the best TE, OT, WR, or DT, still left on the board with this pick

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

He seems to come from the DT spot as much as the DE spot.... he would be too small at the NFL level to play any DT

Very strong guy, but doesnt seem to have speed needed at NFL levels from the little tape I saw

My gut says he is a tweener.....  (Maybe a little like Tyquan Lewis)

I believe that we are going to be drafting in the mid 20s

The top two DE guys (Young, Epenesa) will be drafted a LONG time before our pick

I could see us taking the best TE, OT, WR, or DT, still left on the board with this pick

I wouldn’t bet the Farm against Espinesa not falling to us.   My read is he’s having a disappointing year and may slip....  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t bet the Farm against Espinesa not falling to us.   My read is he’s having a disappointing year and may slip....  

I truly dont know what to think about Epinesa 

He also seems like just a touch too slow to play DE in the pros

Maybe he would be a good fit at UT........

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 3:50 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Been getting double and triple teamed all year but has still played great as season goes on. Had 3.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles the last 2 weeks. 2.5 sacks and forced fumble in win last week again #8 Minnesota and was named Big 10 defensive player of the week. Doubt he drops past 15.

• Thanks 1

Lol, Epenesa isn't falling to us in the 1st, and idk who said he's having a bad year cuz he's having a really solid year. He has Pro Bowl written all over him. 

We need a DT way more tho, so I'd look there, or if a guy like Lamb somehow fell to us. If not, a game breaker like Ruggs or Reagor would be great. 

The TE class is pretty weak compared to 2019, so hard pass on taking a TE Day 1/2. 

For the love 'o christ, get us a franchise QB. Idc what anyone says on here, JB is average, the team is what's great, notably the oline, coach, and GM. If a guy like Tua starts to slide after the injury, grab him and laugh all the way to the bank. 

• Sad 1

On 11/20/2019 at 2:01 AM, stitches said:

Haven't watched him yet, but the few draft podcasts I listen to are effusive with their praises for him and think he will be a 1st rounder when it's said and done. I will have to take a look. 

Boise has a saturday night game this week on CBSSN against Utah state