Indianapolis Colts
Stephen

Say we lose to texans on thursday

I would think it would come down to the in division record and then our conference records which could be a killer for us. Oakland, LAC, Miami and Pittsburgh could come back to haunt us.

17 minutes ago, Gramz said:

How 'bout we say we Win.

Yea looking at it I'll say it's a must win for us otherwise  we have to finish with better record than Oakland  or if Oakland  wins division  the same same record as the chiefs

Would have to see how the season plays out with the in-division record. If that is tied...it goes to common games. Right now...they have a two game advantage there since they beat OAK and LAC....but a lot can change because the Colts still get to play NO and CAR...who both beat HOU...and they both have TB left (HOU also has DEN left).

5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Would have to see how the season plays out with the in-division record. If that is tied...it goes to common games. Right now...they have a two game advantage there since they beat OAK and LAC....but a lot can change because the Colts still get to play NO and CAR...who both beat HOU...and they both have TB left (HOU also has DEN left).

They have the titans twice to

Shades of 2016...when they played a Must-win game agianst HOU in mid-December. Though this isn't quite must-win...but it's pretty close.

13 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Shades of 2016...when they played a Must-win game agianst HOU in mid-December. Though this isn't quite must-win...but it's pretty close.

I consider it to be must win.

Why is everyone discounting the Titans in all this? They just beat the Chiefs, so they are not as bad as we think. Luckily we have the 'bogey' on them....

2 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I think we'll beat the Texans this Thursday.  Just avoid turnovers.

We need to protect D on short week as the game goes on. As always, moving the chains and controlling the clock is key on offense for the Colts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

And we both finish with a 11-5 record who wins the division?

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

To Break A Tie Within A Division

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1 Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2 Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3 Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4 Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5 Strength of victory.

6 Strength of schedule.

7 Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8 Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9 Best net points in common games.

10 Best net points in all games.

11 Best net touchdowns in all games.

12 Coin toss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm just hoping the Texans owner (TY) plays, and if he doesn't, Pascal and Johnson step up to the plate.