Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers in the Running for Peyton [Merge]

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to see what Moss says about Peyton compared to Brady if he ends up playing with them both

I am sure he might have something to say if pressed. But, remember in 2007 when he said "I always said Peyton Manning had his weapons. I always wondered how Brady would be if he had his. And now he does." He said something like that.......

Moss bugs the crap out of me and always did.

Nobody understand what Peyton is going through at his age better then John Elway does. That is a huge factor for going to Denver IMO.

Peyton to Moss sounds terrific. If this was 2004. j/k

Moss has always been a turd though IMO.

Jules,

You are exactly right. I cannot refute any of your excellent points. John Elway knows how powerful NFL fans & media pundits can be in doubting #18's surgical procedures, health, & age. Elway speaks the same QB language as Peyton & he knows what a driving factor a Superbowl victory can be. Peyton would be the only QB to win Superbowls with 2 different football franchises too if he pulls off this feat as well.

Randy Moss may not be in his 2007 Patriots form either. But, playing with a Hall of Fame QB like Manning in San Francisco would keep him sharp, focused, & motivated IMO. But, I agree with Randy Moss you never know. His concentration seems to come & go at will.

Jules,

You are exactly right. I cannot refute any of your excellent points. John Elway knows how powerful NFL fans & media pundits can be in doubting #18's surgical procedures, health, & age. Elway speaks the same QB language as Peyton & he knows what a driving factor a Superbowl victory can be. Peyton would be the only QB to win Superbowls with 2 different football franchises too if he pulls off this feat as well.

Randy Moss may not be in his 2007 Patriots form either. But, playing with a Hall of Fame QB like Manning in San Francisco would keep him sharp, focused, & motivated IMO. But, I agree with Randy Moss you never know. His concentration seems to come & go at will.

Yep.

Not sure if he goes to Denver but he would have a friend who speaks his language so to speak in Elway.

Now Moss wants a ring too but so what. Sorry Randy, don't care if you ever get a ring.

Besides, the AFC is a tad weaker right now IMO as a whole. I don't think it would take a ton to get over the top to the big game. In the NFC I see a lot of competition from every division.

Nobody understand what Peyton is going through at his age better then John Elway does. That is a huge factor for going to Denver IMO.

It's all a convoluted web of ironic coincidences.

Consider Peyton facing this:

1) leaving the Colts, who most likely will be drafting a former Stanford QB, Andrew Luck, to replace him.

2) going to the 49ers, and working with Jim Harbaugh, the former Stanford HC, who likened Andrew Luck as the perfect person aside from his wife.

3) going to the Broncos, and working for John Elway, a former Stanford QB who said no to the Colts in 1983, who in turn, recently said no to Peyton in 2012.

1) leaving the Colts, who most likely will be drafting a former Stanford QB, Andrew Luck, to replace him.

2) going to the 49ers, and working with Jim Harbaugh, the former Stanford HC, who likened Andrew Luck as the perfect person aside from his wife.

3) going to the Broncos, and working for John Elway, a former Stanford QB who said no to the Colts in 1983, who in turn, recently said no to Peyton in 2012.

Weird.

Not sure if thats the case from what I heard from my Niners friend. He kinda liked the blue collar underdog old school squad they had last year. But with the success the Niners had last season they won't be underdogs anymore regardless.

BlueCollar also = hard working successful implying that they don't "push paper" around. Even though Peyton was born with a silver spoon; he is also a hard worker. I am sure Jim would appreciate that in Peyton.

I was however shocked to hear the news break today.....how did not any of the local beat writers here not now...LOL..They call Jim H here Ninja....

BlueCollar also = hard working successful implying that they don't "push paper" around. Even though Peyton was born with a silver spoon; he is also a hard worker. I am sure Jim would appreciate that in Peyton.

I was however shocked to hear the news break today.....how did not any of the local beat writers here not now...LOL..They call Jim H here Ninja....

He would get over it if they got Manning.

But at the same time I hate the idea of Peyton and Eli competing in the NFC. Ugh.

I also don't want Peyton in the division either......imagine the circus?

I guess I have to root for him to maybe land on Denver now and we don't play them nor do they play Eli. I think the AFC is open though. Peyton on the Broncos could take the AFC.

I am sure he might have something to say if pressed. But, remember in 2007 when he said "I always said Peyton Manning had his weapons. I always wondered how Brady would be if he had his. And now he does." He said something like that.......

He is kind of annoying, but one heck of a receiver

Or say say poo to all of the irony and Stanford stuff and sign with the Titans. lmao

I was stunned to hear that Moss was signed. But Jim worked out with him personally.

I was stunned to hear that Moss was signed. But Jim worked out with him personally.

I am actually a bit stunned Harbaugh is willing to change so much from last season.

Moss seemed a strange signing to me but who knows.

And Harbaugh was pretty into having Alex Smith so if they miss out on Manning he has to mend his ego now.

I thought of a highly improbable outcome:

Peyton goes to the 49ers.

Then the 49ers trade Peyton to the Colts for its #1 overall pick to get Luck reunited with Harbaugh, and Peyton reunited with the Colts.

Never happen but I like it!!

Leave Moss out of the equation and you still come up a winner. Manning in SF, yeah!

They always did make the most sense to me. I thought maybe Harbaugh's ego might be a little too big to give up too much control of the offense to Peyton.

If it happens the symmetry of all this is kind of eerie: Archie Manning and Oliver Luck teammates, Peyton replaced Harbaugh as Colts QB, Andrew Luck played for Harbaugh, went to PM camps, Luck replaces Manning, Manning plays for Harbaugh. To complete the cycle, Colts/49ers play in SB (may take a few years).

lol, that would be funny if that actually were to happen (Colts vs 49ers in SB...)

I'd say right now the Texans and the Titans will run that division for a while. I don't see JAX doing anything big this offseason.

thats not the issue im having. the problem im having is why reports contradict each other. one says peyton cant throw the other is peyton is throwing like he was 6 years ago. whats the truth

You have to remember where the earlier reports were coming from. IMO, Irsay wanted Peyton to retire so that the chance of having to face Peyton would never come up.

You have to remember where the earlier reports were coming from. IMO, Irsay wanted Peyton to retire so that the chance of having to face Peyton would never come up.

Honestly a lot of the earlier reports on Mannnig were pretty negative. Maybe Irsay was genuinely concerned for Peyton's health and future too. Life after football. He might still be.

I can't pretend it all ended badly with them or anything. There was a closeness.

Do you honestly think that Irsay thought other owners would just take his word on it and not do their due diligence?

Even Mcnabb was given a second chance after Shanahan told the world he was out of shape

Honestly a lot of the earlier reports on Mannnig were pretty negative. Maybe Irsay was genuinely concerned for Peyton's health and future too. Life after football. He might still be.

I can't pretend it all ended badly with them or anything. There was a closeness.

That was the way it was meant to be. I stated in a couple of different threads that Peyton was healthier than what was being said. I based my opinion on my experience as a nurse in Neuro surgery. The talk about the nerve regeneration was just that, talk. Since nerves are involved in every body movement, reasoning and experience told me about where Peyton was. The only question I had had to do with arm strength and now that has been answered. As far as future health of any player, that is the chance they all take.

Do you honestly think that Irsay thought other owners would just take his word on it and not do their due diligence?

Even Mcnabb was given a second chance after Shanahan told the world he was out of shape

No i did not. IMO, I think irsay wanted Peyton to retire, not play after the Colts.

If he goes to the 49ers, all the pressure is on Peyton, IMO. If he cannot win the SB with such a supporting cast, it will cement his legacy as a playoff underachiever. Just saying :) (ducks, hides and runs.... :))

Pressure will be on Peyton for sure with the supporting cast this time. With that defense and special teams ( except those 2 fumbles its really a good ST ), they really should go all the way.

Manning to Gore, Davis, Moss, Crabtree. This looks scary on paper.

I thought of a highly improbable outcome:

Peyton goes to the 49ers.

Then the 49ers trade Peyton to the Colts for its #1 overall pick to get Luck reunited with Harbaugh, and Peyton reunited with the Colts.

With the current 49ers team, Luck would love that. Not sure if Peyton would.

You forgot the part about Harbaugh being a former Colt hero, who lost his job TO Peyton when Peyton came out as the #1 overall in similar (aside from the neck and the media frenzy) circumstances from what Peyton is going through now.

And more than 2.5 seconds to throw without getting pummeled.

I've read that while the 49ers have an excellent run game, they don't protect very well. Some feel that Smith (who was sacked a lot) was even able to avoid some sacks that Peyton wouldn't have. I'm not sure which of the three teams have the best o-line. I've heard negative things about all of them. While the Titans would be my third choice on general principles, at least they've already taken steps to improve theirs. I'm not sure what to think at this point.

And like others have said, I've detested Moss for many years. You have to wonder how he would react to Peyton taking control of the offense, or to Harbaugh's control of the team. Based on his history, he may bend to the system for awhile if it suits him, but it never lasts long. He is all about Moss (and nowhere near the receiver that he used to be). Can you imagine what that team will be like with Moss and Smith? By game three he will be opening pouting and complaining because the QB can't get him the ball enough, or they are running too much. By game 9 he may stop trying all-together. At least with Peyton he'll have sufficient respect to concentrate for a little while longer, but the 49ers are taking a gamble with their chemistry with that move.

I've read that while the 49ers have an excellent run game, they don't protect very well. Some feel that Smith (who was sacked a lot) was even able to avoid some sacks that Peyton wouldn't have. I'm not sure which of the three teams have the best o-line. I've heard negative things about all of them. While the Titans would be my third choice on general principles, at least they've already taken steps to improve theirs. I'm not sure what to think at this point. And like others have said, I've detested Moss for many years. You have to wonder how he would react to Peyton taking control of the offense, or to Harbaugh's control of the team. Based on his history, he may bend to the system for awhile if it suits him, but it never lasts long. He is all about Moss (and nowhere near the receiver that he used to be). Can you imagine what that team will be like with Moss and Smith? By game three he will be opening pouting and complaining because the QB can't get him the ball enough, or they are running too much. By game 9 he may stop trying all-together. At least with Peyton he'll have sufficient respect to concentrate for a little while longer, but the 49ers are taking a gamble with their chemistry with that move.

For Peyton, any O-line is an upgrade from the Colts. If Alex can have a year the way he did last year with that O-line, Peyton will too.

Yep, as far as Moss is concerned, i hope Peyton can get him focussed ( again if Peyton chooses 49ers ).

If I am a betting man, Peyton should go to the 49ers because they have the best chance to win right now.

I see Titans still in the mix because it is purely emotional for Peyton and and supposed contract for life which is a very sweet deal.

Maybe if Alex Smith gets cut, maybe the Colts could sign him and make Luck compete for the starting job

If I am a betting man, Peyton should go to the 49ers because they have the best chance to win right now.

I see Titans still in the mix because it is purely emotional for Peyton and and supposed contract for life which is a very sweet deal.

Maybe if Alex Smith gets cut, maybe the Colts could sign him and make Luck compete for the starting job

Make the greatest QB since Jesus Christ compete for the job? Surely you jest.

i would rather him nnot to go the 49ers. That would be too scary in that team. If they dont win the Super Bowl too then it would all be under Peyton's shoulders being the next Lebron James...(even if he only has 1 SB)

Lebron comparison is not the right anology. Heat wasnt in need of Lebron, Lebron needed Heat.

Both Heat and Peyton have won championships without Lebron and 49ers respectively.

But yes, it will fall on Peyton's shoulder mostly if they dont win unless their punt returner fumbles more than 4 times.