Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers in the Running for Peyton [Merge]

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49/ers worked out Peyton Tues at Duke, already gave him a physical next day as was impressed by workout, Now we know why didnt resign Smith Yet

Peyton Manning - QB - Colts

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the 49ers are in the running for free agent Peyton Manning.

After nearly 10 days, we have our first "mystery team." Mort reports Manning worked out for Niners coach Jim Harbaugh this week, and took a physical. Mort believes the Niners have joined the Broncos and Titans as finalists for Manning's services. The news goes a long way toward explaining why San Francisco has been dragging its feet on what was presumed to be a done deal with in-house free agent Alex Smith. Mort's colleague Adam Schefter also confirmed Friday the Cardinals have been "advised that they are to proceed as if they will not get (Manning)."

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.../football/?rw=1

Chris Mortensen

@mortreport

Harbaugh and OC Greg Roman watched Manning throw at Duke on Tues night; impressive enough to send doctor next day to give physical exam

https://twitter.com/...719354193788929

take what the talking heads say with a grain of salt. if peyton is doing so great why is there no video evidence.

Well if the Broncos offered that contract after watching Peyton throw (which is what im assuming is the case) why would they offer him 30 million guaranteed? I dont care how desperate you are for a QB...thats a ton of money based of speculation and hope.

Is he a colt? Wrong section.

This is an invitation to an argument that we are all sick of having. Go read the pinned thread in which the topic was debated. Maureen still hasn't decided. In the meantime, if you aren't interested, feel free to not click on the threads. Otherwise one can only conclude that you are just looking to cause trouble.

You know, everyone is complaining that he's taking too long, but what other FA has 12 teams after him? Look at Peyton's schedule:

3/7 - press conference

3/8 - day off

3/9 - all day with Broncos

3/10 - ?

3/11 - all day with Cardinals

3/12 - all day with Miami in Indy

3/13 - San Fran (probably more than a workout)

3/14 - all day with Titans

3/15 - turns down Miami and sounds like financials start to be discussed

3/16 - working out for Broncos

It's not like he's dragging his feet when you look at it. Still fitting in workout regime every day too.

Methodically doing due diligence, its his & family's future , he knows not to rush it, he wants it over with, but he is on Peyton Time

take what the talking heads say with a grain of salt. if peyton is doing so great why is there no video evidence.

What obligation does he have to satisfy your curiosity? You aren't the one hiring him. The Broncos are watching him throw as we speak.

Have we heard from the

Alouettes.png

Montreal Alouettes? :excited:

Seriously, can't the media stop the alerts every time he crosses a state border? I wish the man success wherever he goes (unless it's Pittsburgh,) but the media is getting on my nerves.

Or maybe I just need a nap.

What obligation does he have to satisfy your curiosity? You aren't the one hiring him. The Broncos are watching him throw as we speak.

my curiosity has to do with the idea that peyton is magically healthy as soon as we let him go

This is an invitation to an argument that we are all sick of having. Go read the pinned thread in which the topic was debated. Maureen still hasn't decided. In the meantime, if you aren't interested, feel free to not click on the threads. Otherwise one can only conclude that you are just looking to cause trouble.

Cause trouble? Hardly, get your facts straight.

Well if the Broncos offered that contract after watching Peyton throw (which is what im assuming is the case) why would they offer him 30 million guaranteed? I dont care how desperate you are for a QB...thats a ton of money based of speculation and hope.

but thats the point the broncos and other teams are looking at the name more then the health. how come we the public cant see the video of this so called work out

but thats the point the broncos and other teams are looking at the name more then the health. how come we the public cant see the video of this so called work out

Look at Bayone's post towards the bottom of the thread which links a Chris Mortensen report explaining the 9ers situation. Harbaugh and a fellow 9ers coach watched him throw and decided to give him a physical afterwards.

http://forums.colts....ers-in-the-mix/

The 9ers are a good team and I just dont see them having this kind of interest unless they thought he could play. Especially after watching him throw.

lmao. Ya, Peyton Manning isn't Colts related. Good luck with that one. Peyton will always be relevant on the Colts Football forum.

It would be hard to have it any other way.

we still talk about Jim Harbaugh and Bert Jones and Johnny U...

Manning is going to be the bigi story in the entire NFL for the next 9 months

Look at Bayone's post towards the bottom of the thread which links a Chris Mortensen report explaining the 9ers situation. Harbaugh and a fellow 9ers coach watched him throw and decided to give him a physical afterwards.

http://forums.colts....ers-in-the-mix/

so why is there no video? we have been given source after source after source claiming this that and the other thing about peyton's health and yet there isnt any evidence to prove their statements

so why is there no video? we have been given source after source after source claiming this that and the other thing about peyton's health and yet there isnt any evidence to prove their statements

Why should anyone release a video to the public? This just in.....NFL owners don't care what Joe Fan thinks of how they run their business and if you have video and want to sign the guy why would you release it for anyone else to see.

It sounds like you are debating the existence of sasquatch. Once again, THE BRONCOS ARE WATCHING HIM THROW AS WE SPEAK.

What exactly is your point? Have you seen video of Tom Brady working out recently? How about Flynn? Why would you?

Why should anyone release a video to the public? This just in.....NFL owners don't care what Joe Fan thinks of how they run their business and if you have video and want to sign the guy why would you release it for anyone else to see.

so you dont find it strange that peyton after being released a week ago is healthy enough to throw the football and have a physical

It sounds like you are debating the existence of sasquatch. Once again, THE BRONCOS ARE WATCHING HIM THROW AS WE SPEAK.

What exactly is your point? Have you seen video of Tom Brady working out recently? How about Flynn? Why would you?

thats not the same situation. there are stories coming out saying peyton is healthy. all i want is proof

so you dont find it strange that peyton after being released a week ago is healthy enough to throw the football and have a physical

Peyton was throwing the ball while with the Colts and with the Colts players. It's not like he just started being able to throw.

I just dont think youre going to be convinced until you see it. Thats fine too but I trust the major outlets reporting it.

The fact the Broncos and 9ers have this much interest after seeing him throw tells me the can looks good. Just MO though.

Peyton was throwing the ball while with the Colts and with the Colts players. It's not like he just started being able to throw.

with reports saying he couldt throw farther then 20 yards and now he can throw 65 yards.

with reports saying he couldt throw farther then 20 yards and now he can throw 65 yards.

Well if you remember, most recently there was a video that came out that clearly showed Manning was able to throw further than 25 yards. Of course people questioned if it really was Manning throwing the ball, but in light of throwing for the Niners, and now the Broncos and Titans, you would have to think that he can throw. Or else he would not have a work out to entice a contract.

thats not the same situation. there are stories coming out saying peyton is healthy. all i want is proof

That's great, but the fact that you have an itch you'd like scratched is probably pretty low on his list of concerns. He is doing what ever is necessary to satisfy his future employer. You will have plenty of chances to see him throw when pre-season starts.

I'm responding because the content of your posts suggests that you suspect that the comments that have been released about his health are a mirage, and that Peyton is manipulating the media for the purposes of conning a team into giving him a contract that he doesn't deserve. I can't fathom what else you could be implying. And I'm trying to tell you that the fact that every team that is interested him is seeing anything that they need to see completely deflates your assumption - not the mention the fact that I found your assumption to be pretty offensive in the first place.

That's great, but the fact that you have an itch you'd like scratched is probably pretty low on his list of concerns. He is doing what ever is necessary to satisfy his future employer. You will have plenty of chances to see him throw when pre-season starts.

I'm responding because the content of your posts suggests that you suspect that the comments that have been released about his health are a mirage, and that Peyton is manipulating the media for the purposes of conning a team into giving him a contract that he doesn't deserve. I can't fathom what else you could be implying. And I'm trying to tell you that the fact that every team that is interested him is seeing anything that they need to see completely deflates your assumption - not the mention the fact that I found your assumption to be pretty offensive in the first place.

i just dont like when things contradict

Well if you remember, most recently there was a video that came out that clearly showed Manning was able to throw further than 25 yards. Of course people questioned if it really was Manning throwing the ball, but in light of throwing for the Niners, and now the Broncos and Titans, you would have to think that he can throw. Or else he would not have a work out to entice a contract.

the video proves nothing. anyone can put on a number 18 jersey and throw

I can see that most of the good reports are from Manning's camp. But, the fact that he threw for Harbaugh and they signed him up for a physical afterward, tell me that they liked what they saw. They are not in Manning's camp. Peyton is obviously confident enough to work out for the teams - he didn't need to.