Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers in the Running for Peyton [Merge]

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They always did make the most sense to me. I thought maybe Harbaugh's ego might be a little too big to give up too much control of the offense to Peyton.

If it happens the symmetry of all this is kind of eerie: Archie Manning and Oliver Luck teammates, Peyton replaced Harbaugh as Colts QB, Andrew Luck played for Harbaugh, went to PM camps, Luck replaces Manning, Manning plays for Harbaugh. To complete the cycle, Colts/49ers play in SB (may take a few years).

Do it.. it's better then both other choices.. Mold Alex Smith as well.. he would be a beast if he learned a bit more! best chance for SB is 49ers..

Alex would be gone. It would give them time to develop Colin Koepernick (sp?). He was an early 2nd round draft pick last year.

my post from Wednesday:

Peyton played ball at UT. His wife is from Memphis. His dad played with Coach Munchak. I think he already has a house on the lake in Middle TN somewhere. They have the second most cap space (Denver has the most) of teams which are on his list. Got a few weapons around him (Britt and CJ). Titans allowed the 2nd fewest sacks last year and are going to bring in Hutchinson to help provide more protection. It is also rumored that Mario Williams is waiting for Peyton to sign, so he can sign with the titans as well. Only time will tell.

I think Miami is out given they traded Brandon Marshall right after the meeting, and dont quite have a lot of cap to bring in any real weapons.

Arizona is out given they are already over the cap. So, its really between Denver, TN and probably some other team we dont really know about like the 49ers (why havent they signed Alex Smith)?

Makes perfect sense if he wants to win a superbowl within the next 3 years. they dont have much cap space, but they will also bring in lloyd or manningham. with vernon davis in the middle, moss and crabtree on the outside, and then manningham on 3rd downs, this offense could overshadow their defense.

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_170615', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_170615', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '170615' }, parseInt('0') );

You know, everyone is complaining that he's taking too long, but what other FA has 12 teams after him? Look at Peyton's schedule:

3/7 - press conference

3/8 - day off

3/9 - all day with Broncos

3/10 - ?

3/11 - all day with Cardinals

3/12 - all day with Miami in Indy

3/13 - San Fran (probably more than a workout)

3/14 - all day with Titans

3/15 - turns down Miami and sounds like financials start to be discussed

3/16 - working out for Broncos

It's not like he's dragging his feet when you look at it. Still fitting in workout regime every day too.

Peyton Manning worked out for the 49ers Tuesday and Alex Smith has not signed a contract from the team that he was offered quite some time ago. 13-3, a QB for HC, a very good and balanced team, Randy Moss, Micheal Crabtree and Vernon Davis plus a new stadium being built.

THIS is the best chance Manning has to get a SB or 2 or 3 ... He worked out for them Tuesday? If so they should be getting an offer ready for him if that went well.... Are they in a position to offer anything near what the Broncos have? Apparently they offered a 5 year deal....

If he goes to the 49ers, all the pressure is on Peyton, IMO. If he cannot win the SB with such a supporting cast, it will cement his legacy as a playoff underachiever. Just saying :) (ducks, hides and runs.... :))

I had that thought too. I'm nervous for Peyton. Hope it all works out. Important to remember he's negotiating for a 4 or 5 year contract - not a one.

Peyton Manning worked out for the 49ers Tuesday and Alex Smith has not signed a contract from the team that he was offered quite some time ago. 13-3, a QB for HC, a very good and balanced team, Randy Moss, Micheal Crabtree and Vernon Davis plus a new stadium being built.

No he's not, he's announcing tomorrow that he's signing with the Denver Brocos...

i love how everyone thinks peyton makes them a better team when no one even knows if peyton can still compete at the same level he was before his injury. i rather see evidence of what peyton can do instead of relying on his reputation

i love how everyone thinks peyton makes them a better team when no one even knows if peyton can still compete at the same level he was before his injury. i rather see evidence of what peyton can do instead of relying on his reputation

Well it sounds like Peyton has been looking great lately.