Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Shepman

Colts with highest number of drops in league?

I believe I heard broadcasters say at 17 drops the Colts were highest in the league. Did anyone else hear this and can confirm?  

It seems fair to say Ebron would have a lot of those. He is an anomaly he drops the easy ones and makes the harder catches

• Like 1

That’s what happens when you’re without #1 and #2 WRs for good chunks of the year.

• Like 3

The colts have 12 dropped passes. 

They don't lead the league in that category 

Ebron has 5.

7 hours ago, Shepman said:

I believe I heard broadcasters say at 17 drops the Colts were highest in the league. Did anyone else hear this and can confirm?  

Curious, was this information really the intent of your thread? A quick search of....

"Which team in the NFL has the highest number of dropped passes?"....netted this site...

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

Didn't want to accuse of using an inferred question in a thread to just complain about the team, but there is a lot of that here these days. 

Interestingly only one team (Giants) is in the top 10 on total passing attempts and top 10 in drops. Volume isnt an indicator of drops. 

The Colts are #6 (#1 being the worst) in percentage of total passes dropped at 3.3%. 

EDIT - I would have thought the % was much higher than that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Curious, was this information really the intent of your thread? A quick search of....

"Which team in the NFL has the highest number of dropped passes?"....netted this site...

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

Didn't want to accuse of using an inferred question in a thread to just complain about the team, but there is a lot of that here these days. 

When I searched I found the same but I heard broadcasters say different.  Didn't know who's stats were right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Nelson should be leading the lead in drops, he dropped a game tying touchdown 

When did that happen?

8 minutes ago, Shepman said:

When I searched I found the same but I heard broadcasters say different.  Didn't know who's stats were right.

37 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

They did reference the Colts having the league lead in drops during the game. U did not imagine it. As to who is actually right on the stats, idk. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shepman said:

Thanks. Hard to say when it is not from the NFL. 

17 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

They did reference the Colts having the league lead in drops during the game. U did not imagine it. As to who is actually right on the stats, idk. 

Are these the same announcers that incorrectly stated that this was the first time we had two 100+ yard runners in a game (or something like that)?  There goes their cred...

26 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

When did that happen?

May of not been a perfect throw but my goodness that was catchable 

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

May of not been a perfect throw but my goodness that was catchable 

Haha.   I thought you meant Queton Nelson

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts-team-stats?season=2019&week=0&category=RECEIVING

According to this site we have 14 total. , the first other team i clicked on the 49ers have 16. I dont have time to go through all the teams. FYI Ebron has 5 already for himself

1 hour ago, Calmack said:

Why did you quote something I said and re-write it? 

Didn’t do it on purpose computer glitch. I didn’t even notice it until you responded.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Are these the same announcers that incorrectly stated that this was the first time we had two 100+ yard runners in a game (or something like that)?  There goes their cred...

Yea, but it sounds good so who cares if it's actually true. Lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shepman said:

I heard the same thing...

There are several services that report drops and there's always small differences. I comes down to grading "catchable"

Depending on what service you follow, TY has as many drops this year as he did the entire 2018 season. FWIW, we had 35+ IIRC last year.

20 hours ago, runthepost said:

Nelson should be leading the lead in drops, he dropped a game tying touchdown 

Come again? Ohhhh Agholor..... Still, how does droppi g a TD pass mean in and of itself someone should lead the league in drops?  I know he has a lot, but why would that one mean any more than one when counting?

18 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Come again? Ohhhh Agholor..... Still, how does droppi g a TD pass mean in and of itself someone should lead the league in drops?  I know he has a lot, but why would that one mean any more than one when counting?

He had 2 this game and 3 against Detroit and another one against the Cowboys.