Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans predictions -Both teams banged up

Restinpeacesweetchloe

19 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Don’t forget, Mack said he should be good too when asked and half hour later it was discovered he had a broken hand. The Colts misinformation campaign is always on. 

there is a difference between asking a guy right after a game when he still probably hasn’t been fully examined and asking a guy who has been in treatment for a week.  

Also those weren’t coming from the Colts they came from the players themselves.  That’s not misinformation from the team.  The team said he had broken hand and he had surgery today for it.  That’s pretty honest. 

16 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

How do these guys schedule surgery so quickly?! lol I got people waiting months with a sports hernia. 

Pro athletes don’t live by the same rules as you and me.

6 minutes ago, cbear said:

Can someone comment on how important the Houston players are to that team?  Haven't heard of any of them (except for watt and Watson of course). 

Very important. JOhnson is one of their better corner and Reid is their best safety. He is actually a huge loss. Watson also got his ankle stepped on and has a sprain.

• Thanks 1

Man what a blow.  I think we'll be alright though at least for RB.  Jonathan Williams I liked a lot during the predraft process and felt he never really had much opportunity to carve out a role for himself.  Lesean McCoy was a bell cow in Buffalo and had an issue with a DUI while he was there.  Even though he was exonerated, it still put him behind the eight ball going forward.  Then he was behind Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara in New Orleans.  Now he's behind Marlon Mack.  He'll never be any of those guys, but I've always liked his 3 down potential and he showed up and showed out yesterday in Mack's absense.  

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

How do these guys schedule surgery so quickly?! lol I got people waiting months with a sports hernia. 

Teams have their own doctors on contract. for the Colts, it used to be the Melbourne Sports Clinic back in the Polian/Manning era.  Not sure who has their contracts now. 

Colts estimate 11 players would have sat out Monday’s practice

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/18/colts-estimate-11-players-would-have-sat-out-mondays-practice/

...they issued an estimated practice report after holding a walkthrough on Monday. That report lists 11 players who would not have taken part in the session.

That group includes running back Marlon Mack...

Mack won’t play this week and head coach Frank Reich said safety Khari Willis (concussion) will also miss the game.

Wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (calf) was listed as out after missing the last three games. Wide receiver Parris Campbell (hand) has also been out, but was listed as a limited participant Monday.

Tight end Mo Alie-Cox (thumb), left tackle Anthony Castonzo (toe), tight end Eric Ebron (ankle), safety Clayton Geathers (rest), safety George Odum (shoulder), cornerback Shakial Taylor (ankle), running back Jordan Wilkins (ankle) and cornerback Rock Ya-Sin (ankle) were the other estimated non-participants.

Cornerback Pierre Desir (hamstring) drew a limited tag...

Yea another Thursday night road game for us. The short week at a division opponent, big disadvantage, but we should be able to control the ball and come away with a huge win. But if we lose the road gets tougher. Go Colts. I am really looking forward to another big game from Leonard, man he is fun to watch.

17 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Who needs a random doctor on the internet? We have oodles of them on here. 

We have had TY back this week to being out for the season, and everything in between.

It's just marvellous.

TY will be back and Watson has a broken ankle.

Can I have my MD now? I’d love to skip my remaining years of college

We will be walking into a hornets nest Thursday night.  The Texans were embarrassed yesterday and will come out looking for a fight.

Hopefully we get TY back, but even without him, I think coach Reich opens up the playbook a little more, our defense keeps pressure on Watson all night and we walk out of there with the W.  GO COLTS!!

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

We will be walking into a hornets nest Thursday night.  The Texans were embarrassed yesterday and will come out looking for a fight.

Hopefully we get TY back, but even without him, I think coach Reich opens up the playbook a little more, our defense keeps pressure on Watson all night and we walk out of there with the W.  GO COLTS!!

The key to winning on D is pressuring Watson. The Ravens were in his face all day and his play suffered dramatically. We were breathing down Foles’ neck all day yesterday, J. Houston and Co. need to keep it up

• Like 2

The colts seem to have a good recipe on limiting Watson. When we blitz him he has trouble. If that ankle is a issue his mobility will be hurt. Ravens had 7 sacks on him Sunday.  Keep him in the pocket. 

The oline and Jacoby came through healthy so I am not to worried about them. We will see if cox and Ebron can go.

I think most injury reports will look like that if every team had to put one out on Monday. Good news is Odum wasn’t ruled out so maybe that wasn’t as serious as it looked.

Reich did also say Funchess will be evaluated just like everyone else in the injury report so he wasn’t ruled out.

I feel like we can still win this game, but Jacoby needs to have a good game like the last time.  He put up around 320 passing yards, which unfortunately is not his norm.  Considering he is more in the range of 150 - 220 yards, I hope the run game shows up.  

14 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Funny how this weeks prediction thread is NOT filled with doom & gloom like last week & having AV miss all his kicks & costing us another game. 

Colts 31-17

Doing the job you are getting paid to do, is probably the reason for the change??

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 3:04 AM, ojsglove said:

That is a bit silly. Anytime I have seen a hornet's nest, I take a huge diversion around it. Are our Colts just stupid?