Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
NorthernBlue

Colts have chance to lock up the division in the next two weeks

Recommended Posts

If by some chance we split with Houston but beat the Titians and Jags and Houston ends up with the better overall record would we still win the division with a better division record? Has that ever happened before in any division? Just curious, hopefully the Colts just win it out right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

If by some chance we split with Houston but beat the Titians and Jags and Houston ends up with the better overall record would we still win the division with a better division record? Has that ever happened before in any division? Just curious, hopefully the Colts just win it out right.

The team with the best over all record wins the division.  If records are tied, then the tie breaks kick in. Beating Houston next week is absolutely critical.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titans always play very good defense against us. The difference this time is we might have all our WR back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s looking more and more like only one team from the AFC South is getting in the playoffs this season.  Winning the division is critical.  Gotta do it the hard way by beating everyone else in the division now since we blew games against lesser teams like Pittsburgh and Miami. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It’s looking more and more like only one team from the AFC South is getting in the playoffs this season.  Winning the division is critical.  Gotta do it the hard way by beating everyone else in the division now since we blew games against lesser teams like Pittsburgh and Miami. 

Keep a eye on KC. It would not surprise me if Oakland wins that division and they have to fight for a wildcard. Their defense is not good. Chargers always play then tough. I wouldn’t be shocked if the chargers win. Just a side note chargers trained in Colorado this week getting used to the elevation. KC stayed in KC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is funny, a lot of people thought we lost the division last week.

 

texans could surprise and win some games no one expects them to.  its not over until its over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, neug3246 said:

If by some chance we split with Houston but beat the Titians and Jags and Houston ends up with the better overall record would we still win the division with a better division record?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Titans always play very good defense against us. The difference this time is we might have all our WR back.  

They dont always play good D vs us. They just so happened to play good D last time. We usually put up lots of points on them. Any close game recently has been with Jacoby under center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It’s looking more and more like only one team from the AFC South is getting in the playoffs this season.  Winning the division is critical.  Gotta do it the hard way by beating everyone else in the division now since we blew games against lesser teams like Pittsburgh and Miami. 

I think it is still possible (maybe likely the second wild card comes from the South.  Currently the Texans have it.   The Raiders are the only other 6-4 team.  Their remaining schedule is - Jets, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Chargers and Broncos.  4 of 6 on the road.  I see them going 3-3.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Nelson "NO TD" celebration pic should be framed and hung on the wall in their locker room.

 

Honestly getting tired of the celebrations. To each their own I guess

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston might have Patriots right after us.. but we still have @ Saints  coming up :hide:

 

This gonna go all the way down to the wire. But obviously a win Thursday is huuuuuuge!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday isn’t going to be a cakewalk by any means. The Ravens embarrassed the Texans yesterday, and they know that Thursday is pretty much a playoff game. They’re going to bring it at home. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston sports talk 610 AM just announced TY will suit up for the game but nothing official yet on his status. One of the two hosts said he is going home to drink cough syrup and salt water. This town fears the Colts more than anyone or at least the Colts are in their heads more than anyone.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Thursday isn’t going to be a cakewalk by any means. The Ravens embarrassed the Texans yesterday, and they know that Thursday is pretty much a playoff game. They’re going to bring it at home. 

That goes both ways as the Colts have shown over the past years. DeAndre Hopkins is whining today about the officiating in the trouncing by the Ravens.

Hopefully his mommy will be at the Colts game should they get crushed again to comfort him and wuv him. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, krunk said:

 

 

This is why this game is HUGE. A win in Houston, coming home and getting healthy at receiver puts us in contention mode. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

This is why this game is HUGE. A win in Houston, coming home and getting healthy at receiver puts us in contention mode. 

I feel good about this team if we can get this win on Thursday and start getting some of our boys back.  I'm not even scared of Baltimore.  I think we'd play a really good game against them with our full squad back. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday game depends on who is available to play. It’s a good thing Reich has only ruled out 2 players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Myles said:

I think it is still possible (maybe likely the second wild card comes from the South.  Currently the Texans have it.   The Raiders are the only other 6-4 team.  Their remaining schedule is - Jets, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Chargers and Broncos.  4 of 6 on the road.  I see them going 3-3.  

This. Oakland has climbed out of their hole but I still think they will miss out on the wild card. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Myles said:

I think it is still possible (maybe likely the second wild card comes from the South.  Currently the Texans have it.   The Raiders are the only other 6-4 team.  Their remaining schedule is - Jets, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Chargers and Broncos.  4 of 6 on the road.  I see them going 3-3.  

Interesting. I’m thinking the Texans might have a better shot at clinching a wildcard spot than Indy does.  If the Colts don’t win the South they could find themselves on the outside looking in. Raiders and Steelers losses could bite them. Who knows though? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday night's game essentially counts as two games, because the winner will have the tiebreaker advantage over the other. A tie would be a win for the Colts since they would keep their current tiebreaker advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daniel John said:

Thursday night's game essentially counts as two games, because the winner will have the tiebreaker advantage over the other. A tie would be a win for the Colts since they would keep their current tiebreaker advantage.

In this particular game, a tie would be a win for us. I would take that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rockywoj said:

The team with the best over all record wins the division.  If records are tied, then the tie breaks kick in. Beating Houston next week is absolutely critical.

I think we can do it.  Something about the Texans just feels like they're less than the sum of their parts, and we are coming off the best team effort all season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Titans always play very good defense against us. The difference this time is we might have all our WR back.  

It will be interesting to see how Brisset fares against oppoentns he's faces earlier in the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, krunk said:

I feel good about this team if we can get this win on Thursday and start getting some of our boys back.  I'm not even scared of Baltimore.  I think we'd play a really good game against them with our full squad back. 

All teams should be scared of Baltimore.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, krunk said:

I feel good about this team if we can get this win on Thursday and start getting some of our boys back.  I'm not even scared of Baltimore.  I think we'd play a really good game against them with our full squad back. 

Same. I think our defense is fast enough to contain Lamar if we ever match up in the future. Don't care how scary Baltimore looks in the regular season. Records reset in the playoffs and it's a whole 'nother ball game. 

 

We need to beat Houston on Thursday. I cannot take the Texans seriously as a playoff team with BoB coaching and no Watt anchoring their defense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, krunk said:

I feel good about this team if we can get this win on Thursday and start getting some of our boys back.  I'm not even scared of Baltimore.  I think we'd play a really good game against them with our full squad back. 

I'm not scared of anyone in the playoffs if we are as healthy as we were last season. This team is deep enough and can slow the game down to play tough against anyone. The Patriots have some serious work to do from now until playoffs. I'm not even sure they are the team to beat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

We need to beat Houston on Thursday. I cannot take the Texans seriously as a playoff team with BoB coaching and no Watt anchoring their defense.

 

Houston is leaderless, and it is going to show. They have traded the farm away for quick fixes, and that's going to bite in the near future. This defense started the year with Watt and Clowney, and now have neither. They weren't that intimidating to begin with after the beatdown we gave them in January. Now they really aren't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think we can do it.  Something about the Texans just feels like they're less than the sum of their parts, and we are coming off the best team effort all season

Top heavy team. They go as far as Watson, Hopkins, and Watt takes em. That’s why Watt’s injury is so huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, King Colt said:

All teams should be scared of Baltimore.

Same old Baltimore. Strong on defense as usual. Jackson looks scary but if you can get a handle on his runs I dont think hes all that accomplished as a passer. Weve seen the Chargers make adjustments to slow him down. I think it can be done again. Weve got good speed on defense and we play the run pretty good. I think we can make a fight out of it.

 

.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really don’t know why people aren’t afraid of Baltimore. Since they got Peters that defense has been lights out. They gave a beat down to Seattle, New England and Houston. We really don’t have an offense to expose good defensive teams. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltimore is scary. They are clearly the best team in the AFC. You really can’t stop the run. They put Ingram back there with Jackson and you don’t know who will run. Then they even put RG111 back there with those two sometimes. I think they could win even if they had to play in NE. Even their great defense didn’t have a answer for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

It will be interesting to see how Brisset fares against oppoentns he's faces earlier in the season

This is a good point. Will he be able to figure them out the second time around. If he does that is a great indication of how good he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltimore is a very good team but to me it's not a new show.  Baltimore is good every single year on defense so I don't know what you're scared of.  You expect good defense when you play them off the top.   Offensively I don't think what they are running is anything new that the league hasn't seen.  I just feel that if you get that QB in a position where he has to throw often we can play a good ball game against them. I think we are mentally tough enough to play ball with them. We can make it a back and forth type of game I believe and we are very used to playing back and forth type ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Baltimore is a very good team but to me it's not a new show.  Baltimore is good every single year on defense so I don't know what you're scared of.  You expect good defense when you play them off the top.   Offensively I don't think what they are running is anything new that the league hasn't seen.  I just feel that if you get that QB in a position where he has to throw often we can play a good ball game against them. I think we are mentally tough enough to play ball with them. We can make it a * for tat type of game I believe and we are very used to playing * for tat ball. 

Lamar has been throwing the ball very well.  Over 66% completion, 19 TD's and 5 INT's.   It's a tough offense to stop.   They haven't scored less than 23 points in a game.   Scored over 40 points 3 times (59,49,41).   I think they are definitely the team to be afraid of.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Yes this is just getting even more sad.. going to Gianna's game 
    • So here’s the timeline of the Love to Colts rumors: -So it was reported (by the guy from the locker on Colts podcast) that someone had asked Ballard before the season started what QBs he liked in the upcoming draft and he specifically said Herbert and Love -He was mocked to us by Draft Network as soon as Luck retired -Ballard was supposed to go to the Utah State and Boise State game (originally it was reported that he was there and this caused a big stir). Accredited but didn’t actually attend -Colts had scouts at other Utah State games -Latest report from Colts media person was that we had scouts at 5-6 Utah State games this past season    So it’s not really leaks, it’s just connecting dots. All pro QB retires and is replaced by a QB who is backup quality at best and only gets a 2 year “prove it” deal. You add in the Scouting rumors and it’s not hard to see how this got out.
    • Your just repeating what I said. I said if it is the right guy.
    • Very sad. His daughter Gianna was on the plane too.
    • It depends on the player.  It depends on what type of value Ballard has placed on him.  If Ballard saw Love as a late 1st, early 2nd, I don't see him then entering into the exact type of QB frenzy he said you need to stay out of.     I'm just telling you what I think Ballard will do.  Myself, I'm not as high on Love, but I would trade up for Herbert.  I'm not sure Ballard would, however.
  • Members

    • richard pallo

      richard pallo 2,377

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • chad72

      chad72 10,756

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dokken

      Dokken 3,634

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Oopty Oop

      The Oopty Oop 40

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 18,016

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 6,920

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WifiGuy

      WifiGuy 4

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsva

      coltsva 1,561

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 19,994

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pacolts56

      pacolts56 3,706

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...