Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have chance to lock up the division in the next two weeks

NorthernBlue

If by some chance we split with Houston but beat the Titians and Jags and Houston ends up with the better overall record would we still win the division with a better division record? Has that ever happened before in any division? Just curious, hopefully the Colts just win it out right.

11 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

If by some chance we split with Houston but beat the Titians and Jags and Houston ends up with the better overall record would we still win the division with a better division record? Has that ever happened before in any division? Just curious, hopefully the Colts just win it out right.

The team with the best over all record wins the division.  If records are tied, then the tie breaks kick in. Beating Houston next week is absolutely critical.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It’s looking more and more like only one team from the AFC South is getting in the playoffs this season.  Winning the division is critical.  Gotta do it the hard way by beating everyone else in the division now since we blew games against lesser teams like Pittsburgh and Miami. 

Keep a eye on KC. It would not surprise me if Oakland wins that division and they have to fight for a wildcard. Their defense is not good. Chargers always play then tough. I wouldn’t be shocked if the chargers win. Just a side note chargers trained in Colorado this week getting used to the elevation. KC stayed in KC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Titans always play very good defense against us. The difference this time is we might have all our WR back.  

They dont always play good D vs us. They just so happened to play good D last time. We usually put up lots of points on them. Any close game recently has been with Jacoby under center.

10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It’s looking more and more like only one team from the AFC South is getting in the playoffs this season.  Winning the division is critical.  Gotta do it the hard way by beating everyone else in the division now since we blew games against lesser teams like Pittsburgh and Miami. 

I think it is still possible (maybe likely the second wild card comes from the South.  Currently the Texans have it.   The Raiders are the only other 6-4 team.  Their remaining schedule is - Jets, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Chargers and Broncos.  4 of 6 on the road.  I see them going 3-3.  

Houston sports talk 610 AM just announced TY will suit up for the game but nothing official yet on his status. One of the two hosts said he is going home to drink cough syrup and salt water. This town fears the Colts more than anyone or at least the Colts are in their heads more than anyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Thursday isn’t going to be a cakewalk by any means. The Ravens embarrassed the Texans yesterday, and they know that Thursday is pretty much a playoff game. They’re going to bring it at home. 

That goes both ways as the Colts have shown over the past years. DeAndre Hopkins is whining today about the officiating in the trouncing by the Ravens.

Hopefully his mommy will be at the Colts game should they get crushed again to comfort him and wuv him. 

12 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

This is why this game is HUGE. A win in Houston, coming home and getting healthy at receiver puts us in contention mode. 

I feel good about this team if we can get this win on Thursday and start getting some of our boys back.  I'm not even scared of Baltimore.  I think we'd play a really good game against them with our full squad back. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I think it is still possible (maybe likely the second wild card comes from the South.  Currently the Texans have it.   The Raiders are the only other 6-4 team.  Their remaining schedule is - Jets, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Chargers and Broncos.  4 of 6 on the road.  I see them going 3-3.  

This. Oakland has climbed out of their hole but I still think they will miss out on the wild card. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Myles said:

Interesting. I’m thinking the Texans might have a better shot at clinching a wildcard spot than Indy does.  If the Colts don’t win the South they could find themselves on the outside looking in. Raiders and Steelers losses could bite them. Who knows though? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel John said:

Thursday night's game essentially counts as two games, because the winner will have the tiebreaker advantage over the other. A tie would be a win for the Colts since they would keep their current tiebreaker advantage.

In this particular game, a tie would be a win for us. I would take that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rockywoj said:

The team with the best over all record wins the division.  If records are tied, then the tie breaks kick in. Beating Houston next week is absolutely critical.

I think we can do it.  Something about the Texans just feels like they're less than the sum of their parts, and we are coming off the best team effort all season

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I feel good about this team if we can get this win on Thursday and start getting some of our boys back.  I'm not even scared of Baltimore.  I think we'd play a really good game against them with our full squad back. 

All teams should be scared of Baltimore.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, krunk said:

Same. I think our defense is fast enough to contain Lamar if we ever match up in the future. Don't care how scary Baltimore looks in the regular season. Records reset in the playoffs and it's a whole 'nother ball game. 

We need to beat Houston on Thursday. I cannot take the Texans seriously as a playoff team with BoB coaching and no Watt anchoring their defense. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm not scared of anyone in the playoffs if we are as healthy as we were last season. This team is deep enough and can slow the game down to play tough against anyone. The Patriots have some serious work to do from now until playoffs. I'm not even sure they are the team to beat. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

We need to beat Houston on Thursday. I cannot take the Texans seriously as a playoff team with BoB coaching and no Watt anchoring their defense.

Houston is leaderless, and it is going to show. They have traded the farm away for quick fixes, and that's going to bite in the near future. This defense started the year with Watt and Clowney, and now have neither. They weren't that intimidating to begin with after the beatdown we gave them in January. Now they really aren't. 

12 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think we can do it.  Something about the Texans just feels like they're less than the sum of their parts, and we are coming off the best team effort all season

Top heavy team. They go as far as Watson, Hopkins, and Watt takes em. That’s why Watt’s injury is so huge.

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

All teams should be scared of Baltimore.

Same old Baltimore. Strong on defense as usual. Jackson looks scary but if you can get a handle on his runs I dont think hes all that accomplished as a passer. Weve seen the Chargers make adjustments to slow him down. I think it can be done again. Weve got good speed on defense and we play the run pretty good. I think we can make a fight out of it.

• Like 1

Baltimore is scary. They are clearly the best team in the AFC. You really can’t stop the run. They put Ingram back there with Jackson and you don’t know who will run. Then they even put RG111 back there with those two sometimes. I think they could win even if they had to play in NE. Even their great defense didn’t have a answer for them.

Baltimore is a very good team but to me it's not a new show.  Baltimore is good every single year on defense so I don't know what you're scared of.  You expect good defense when you play them off the top.   Offensively I don't think what they are running is anything new that the league hasn't seen.  I just feel that if you get that QB in a position where he has to throw often we can play a good ball game against them. I think we are mentally tough enough to play ball with them. We can make it a back and forth type of game I believe and we are very used to playing back and forth type ball. 

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Baltimore is a very good team but to me it's not a new show.  Baltimore is good every single year on defense so I don't know what you're scared of.  You expect good defense when you play them off the top.   Offensively I don't think what they are running is anything new that the league hasn't seen.  I just feel that if you get that QB in a position where he has to throw often we can play a good ball game against them. I think we are mentally tough enough to play ball with them. We can make it a * for tat type of game I believe and we are very used to playing * for tat ball. 

Lamar has been throwing the ball very well.  Over 66% completion, 19 TD's and 5 INT's.   It's a tough offense to stop.   They haven't scored less than 23 points in a game.   Scored over 40 points 3 times (59,49,41).   I think they are definitely the team to be afraid of.  

• Like 1