Indianapolis Colts
ColtsSouljah

Mack's hand is fractured

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

u sound bitter

Actually, he sounds poignantly accurate, with a classy yet subtle delivery of sarcasm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cbear said:

I love Marlon, but I've always felt that given a chance, Wilkins could put up similar numbers.  His "fumbling problem" has been blown out of proportion IMO.  I hope he gets the bulk of carries as long as Mack is out.

he didnt have a lot of fumbles but the ones he did have were bad, he had to get that fixed

9 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Fractured hand is probably 4-6 weeks best case scenario, and this one just seems to be severe. 

Gordon Hayward fractured his on Saturday last weekend. They were unsure what the injury was until Monday, and he was projected to miss 4-6 with what was termed as a light fracture. 

Everything points to this one being pretty significant. 

Hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am this time. 

What points to this one being severe?

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What points to this one being severe?

He was ruled out almost immediately. We didn’t even know he was injured in the stands before my buddy texted me and said they said on TV he was ruled out. He texted me that he was ruled out before the next drive even started. Hayward fractured his hand on SATURDAY  and the Celtics didn’t even know the full diagnosis until Monday. That’s nearly 48 hours before they could be sure what the injury was. Mack fractured his and it was clear enough to be a fracture to be diagnosed hours later without an MRI. For them to rule him out almost instantly and know what it is without having a chance to get the full scan on it points to it being bad. 

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Is Lucas Field turf made up of cement and rocks? 

Long grass filled with biting snakes growing on top of sharp rocks.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He was ruled out almost immediately. We didn’t even know he was injured in the stands before my buddy texted me and said they said on TV he was ruled out. He texted me that he was ruled out before the next drive even started. Hayward fractured his hand on SATURDAY  and the Celtics didn’t even know the full diagnosis until Monday. That’s nearly 48 hours before they could be sure what the injury was. Mack fractured his and it was clear enough to be a fracture to be diagnosed hours later without an MRI. For them to rule him out almost instantly and know what it is without having a chance to get the full scan on it points to it being bad. 

Don't they have an X-Ray machine at LOS?  You can see a fracture without an MRI and get a general idea of how severe it may be.  I do think that there is a whole lot of cartilage in the hands?

13 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Fractured hand is probably 4-6 weeks best case scenario, and this one just seems to be severe. 

Gordon Hayward fractured his on Saturday last weekend. They were unsure what the injury was until Monday, and he was projected to miss 4-6 with what was termed as a light fracture. 

Everything points to this one being pretty significant. 

Hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am this time. 

Hand injuries are probably a little worse for basketball players than RBs, I'm guessing. Other than carrying the ball, Mack doesn't really need his hands very much, he just needs a functional hand that can apply blunt force to squeeze a ball. In basketball, the hands are used with much more nuance in shooting and handling the ball. You need better motor skills and more responsive hands to do those things well. 

20 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

Hand injuries are probably a little worse for basketball players than RBs, I'm guessing. Other than carrying the ball, Mack doesn't really need his hands very much, he just needs a functional hand that can apply blunt force to squeeze a ball. In basketball, the hands are used with much more nuance in shooting and handling the ball. You need better motor skills and more responsive hands to do those things well. 

Slightly. It was his non-shooting hand, which is mainly just for support. Even still with that, and being considered a “could have been much worse” injury he’s looking at 4-6 weeks . Steph Curry suffered a fracture to his shooting hand and it looking at at least 3 months, and last week a report came out that said he was done for the year. 

But being ruled out as fast as he was and the injury being identified without time for a full, proper diagnosis just paints a grim picture. Especially if it’s his carry hand. 

We should know soon. 

This sure sucks.  Less of an issue if we get Hilton and Funchess back.

Mack might lose his good stiff arm ability if he tried to play through a hand injury. Hopefully, the other RB's can carry the load until he is 100%.

Colts just can’t catch a break.......wait.......actually they catch too many, :Gaah:

And... Mack is out again. This is definitely not looking to be a short-term injury. Ruled out on Monday is not a good sign.

• Sad 1