Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack's hand is fractured

ColtsSouljah

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He’s done for the year. Bet it. 

Was at the game. Buddy of mine texted me he had already been ruled out before us in the stands even knew he was injured. Has to be pretty serious for them to know that quick he was out, and it’s fractured. 

Even if he is out we can still win with Wilkins and Williams as long as our Line blocks like it did today and JB doesn't turn it over. We need TY back more than anything against a team like Houston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbear said:

I love Marlon, but I've always felt that given a chance, Wilkins could put up similar numbers.  His "fumbling problem" has been blown out of proportion IMO.  I hope he gets the bulk of carries as long as Mack is out.

Yeah...no.

Wilkins is not as good as Mack.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He’s done for the year. Bet it. 

Was at the game. Buddy of mine texted me he had already been ruled out before us in the stands even knew he was injured. Has to be pretty serious for them to know that quick he was out, and it’s fractured. 

He went to the locker room pretty quick.    Impossible to know the severity or how long he will be out 

This year is the definition of "next man up".  From starting QB on down.  We've had a couple bad losses recently, but most games have been competitive (to put it lightly) and yet today we were dominant. 

Speaks to a strong foundation.  I love what we're building.  The more adversity the more we see what our staff is made of.

Thursday will be an interesting contest.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Wilkins is faster than Williams. Wilkins is 4.5 will Williams is 4.59. 

Williams just hits the hole better. Wilkins is more of a dancer or finesse runner.

Hmmmm.....I wouldnt call Wilkins a dancer.  The reason why I like him is that he hits the hole and usually runs straight ahead. Mack is a dancer

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He went to the locker room pretty quick.    Impossible to know the severity or how long he will be out 

Fractured hand is probably 4-6 weeks best case scenario, and this one just seems to be severe. 

Gordon Hayward fractured his on Saturday last weekend. They were unsure what the injury was until Monday, and he was projected to miss 4-6 with what was termed as a light fracture. 

Everything points to this one being pretty significant. 

Hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am this time. 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the oline can keep run blocking like that we will be fine for a few games without Mack. Wilkins and Williams just need to stay healthy the next few weeks. Hopefully Mack’s hand isn’t seaon ending. Reich did say Wilkins might miss one game so I think he should be back Thursday.  Houston not having Watt should help the passing and run game although they have tried to fix their corner issue.

Houston lost Lonnie Johnson  today 

This is really interesting to me. If they got that thing wrapped up, would they let him play? In high school we had a guy with a broken hand who went out there and played stellar OL throughout the season. I guess the medical staff probably won’t let him though.

Williams needs to bring it again on Thursday, and we need Wilkins and Hines ready to go too. With those three I think we’ll be ok, especially since JJ Watt won’t be playing.

Also we need TY; Pascal and Marcus Johnson had some great plays today but we need our Texan-killer out there

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Just glad Jacoby is back, if only TY could be ready to play. 

I cant see TY missing the Houston game. Thats probably the one they been waiting to get him ready for. Hoping Funch can play this week also. Probably not though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Fractured hand is probably 4-6 weeks best case scenario, and this one just seems to be severe. 

Gordon Hayward fractured his on Saturday last weekend. They were unsure what the injury was until Monday, and he was projected to miss 4-6 with what was termed as a light fracture. 

I would say four weeks. If he doesn’t need surgery maybe sooner. Campbell will be about 4 weeks. It really is a shame after the season he is having.

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

David J. Chao on twitter said this.

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im really waiting for the game when we are able to play with TY, Funchess, Campbell, Pascal and Marcus Johnson. Thats a solid 5 for JB to work with. I like that group for JB.

Hopefully they are all back by the titans game. With what Johnson showed tonight and the injuries we might have to cut Dulin when they all are back.

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Wilkins is faster than Williams. Wilkins is 4.5 will Williams is 4.59. 

Williams just hits the hole better. Wilkins is more of a dancer or finesse runner.

Wilkins is also averaging 6.1 per attempt, and the league-leading number is held by Lamar Jackson at 6.6. 

Wilkins is incredibly efficient with his usage, to the point he deserves more touches.  Durability seems to be an issue.

2 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Wilkins is also averaging 6.1 per attempt, and the league-leading number is held by Lamar Jackson at 6.6. 

Wilkins is incredibly efficient with his usage, to the point he deserves more touches.  Durability seems to be an issue.

I like Wilkins in zone blocking, not man blocking schemes. I also prefer him on the edge instead of between the tackles.

• Like 1