Indianapolis Colts
ColtsSouljah

Mack's hand is fractured

I think they said we will no more tomorrow but it really sucks. We keep taking one foot forward and two steps back. Looks like injuries were very costly today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

That's crazy we really need him hopefully wilkins will play

If not... then they may have to call up Darius Jackson from the practice squad.

Darius Jackson: Remarkable pro day

Jackson (6-foot-1, 220) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 and 4.38 seconds at the Michigan pro day Friday, NFL.com reports. Jackson added a 41-inch vertical, 133-inch broad jump, 4.27-second 20-yard shuttle and 6.82-second three-cone drill.

Jackson was mostly an afterthought in this draft after playing at lowly Eastern Michigan, but he almost has to get drafted after a workout like this. The 41-inch vertical would tie for eighth-best among running backs at the Combine since 2006, while the 133-inch broad jump would tie for fifth-best over that span. To post those jumps and a sub-4.4 40 at 220 pounds is quite impressive. Jackson didn't do much for his first two years at Eastern Michigan, but he enjoyed an impressive breakout season in 2015, running for 1,078 yards and 14 touchdowns on 208 carries (5.2 YPC) while showing pass-catching ability by snagging 21 passes for 201 yards and two more scores.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/darius-jackson-remarkable-pro-day/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Williams looks for real 

Well, the line looked for real.  Not to take too much from Williams today, but I think I could have run for a few yards today with some of the holes that were opened up today.

Thursday will be a big game for him, that's for sure.

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well, the line looked for real.  Not to take too much from Williams today, but I think I could have run for a few yards today with some of the holes that were opened up today.

Thursday will be a big game for him, that's for sure.

Like his vision and quickness 

Such a shame.  He was having a great game.  But to be honest I am not that surprised.  He has been injured every year he's been here.  Wilkens will be active for sure.  Our line was opening huge holes today.  If they can do it again Thursday we should be okay in the run game.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Like his vision and quickness 

Yep, so do I.  Looks like a north/south runner.

I think we can do a pretty good job running the ball against the Texans so hopefully he'll have a good game.  Both he and Hines should be okay Thursday (I hope!).

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yep, so do I.  Looks like a north/south runner.

I think we can do a pretty good job running the ball against the Texans so hopefully he'll have a good game.  Both he and Hines should be okay Thursday (I hope!).

Hoping Wilkins back as well

• Like 1

Depending on the severity of Mack’s injury the colts might have some decisions to make as far as IR. If he is only expected to miss the same as Campbell can we afford to keep two guys on the roster and not IR them. 

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Excited to see Wilkins get 10-15 carries. 

Yeah me too, I love Mack but I have faith in Wilkins and Williams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I think the 300 pound elephant in the room is TY playing ?

Yeah that is big I have to admit. If he plays I think we got this, if not it is 50/50.

I love Marlon, but I've always felt that given a chance, Wilkins could put up similar numbers.  His "fumbling problem" has been blown out of proportion IMO.  I hope he gets the bulk of carries as long as Mack is out.

• Like 3

I've always liked Wilkins as well, Thursday could be a big game for him if he is fit to go. Williams showed me something today, wasnt sure he had that in him and yes the Line opened massive holes but he hit the correct ones and kept his feet churning throughout the runs. If Houston doesnt show up Thursday like they didnt today its going to be a real long day for them.

This is my fault unfortunately. Mack got an 8 week injury on Madden for me right before the Colts played. Must be the "realism" part of the game. :(

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is my fault unfortunately. Mack got an 8 week injury on Madden for me right before the Colts played. Must be the "realism" part of the game. :(

Thanks for manning up and taking responsibility!  Speaks well of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate to hear this.   He's been such a bright spot this year.

Hope you heal quickly, Mack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

If it is a fracture, this says it’s a three week healing process. I guess we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000552.htm

I doubt very much he plays Thursday but I wouldn’t use the above as any form of guide as to how long. 

You could probably play through a fracture depending on what type.

7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

You could probably play through a fracture depending on what type.

If he was a defender maybe with a club. However i doubt a ball carry would want to do that especially in the hand. But i could be wrong

1 hour ago, Maniac said:

It’s a bummer we can’t get someone like Ajayi in now

The guy that has zero carries this year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah.  Madden.   That's probably it

• Haha 4

If the oline can keep run blocking like that we will be fine for a few games without Mack. Wilkins and Williams just need to stay healthy the next few weeks. Hopefully Mack’s hand isn’t seaon ending. Reich did say Wilkins might miss one game so I think he should be back Thursday.  Houston not having Watt should help the passing and run game although they have tried to fix their corner issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

That's crazy we really need him hopefully wilkins will play

I would roll with Williams that guy was awesome today with that said I hope Hilton by some miracle can return Thursday the WR are bad.

47 minutes ago, strt182 said:

If he was a defender maybe with a club. However i doubt a ball carry would want to do that especially in the hand. But i could be wrong

He will miss about a month or so I bet. So it will all but knock him out for almost the rest of the regular season.

He’s done for the year. Bet it. 

Was at the game. Buddy of mine texted me he had already been ruled out before us in the stands even knew he was injured. Has to be pretty serious for them to know that quick he was out, and it’s fractured. 

42 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he doesn’t need surgery he might not be out long.

He will for sure miss this upcoming important game Thursday and probably 1-2 more after that.