Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack's hand is fractured

ColtsSouljah

20 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

That's crazy we really need him hopefully wilkins will play

If not... then they may have to call up Darius Jackson from the practice squad.

Darius Jackson: Remarkable pro day

Jackson (6-foot-1, 220) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 and 4.38 seconds at the Michigan pro day Friday, NFL.com reports. Jackson added a 41-inch vertical, 133-inch broad jump, 4.27-second 20-yard shuttle and 6.82-second three-cone drill.

Jackson was mostly an afterthought in this draft after playing at lowly Eastern Michigan, but he almost has to get drafted after a workout like this. The 41-inch vertical would tie for eighth-best among running backs at the Combine since 2006, while the 133-inch broad jump would tie for fifth-best over that span. To post those jumps and a sub-4.4 40 at 220 pounds is quite impressive. Jackson didn't do much for his first two years at Eastern Michigan, but he enjoyed an impressive breakout season in 2015, running for 1,078 yards and 14 touchdowns on 208 carries (5.2 YPC) while showing pass-catching ability by snagging 21 passes for 201 yards and two more scores.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/darius-jackson-remarkable-pro-day/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Williams looks for real 

Well, the line looked for real.  Not to take too much from Williams today, but I think I could have run for a few yards today with some of the holes that were opened up today.

Thursday will be a big game for him, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Like his vision and quickness 

Yep, so do I.  Looks like a north/south runner.

I think we can do a pretty good job running the ball against the Texans so hopefully he'll have a good game.  Both he and Hines should be okay Thursday (I hope!).

I've always liked Wilkins as well, Thursday could be a big game for him if he is fit to go. Williams showed me something today, wasnt sure he had that in him and yes the Line opened massive holes but he hit the correct ones and kept his feet churning throughout the runs. If Houston doesnt show up Thursday like they didnt today its going to be a real long day for them.

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is my fault unfortunately. Mack got an 8 week injury on Madden for me right before the Colts played. Must be the "realism" part of the game. :(

Thanks for manning up and taking responsibility!  Speaks well of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

If it is a fracture, this says it’s a three week healing process. I guess we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000552.htm

I doubt very much he plays Thursday but I wouldn’t use the above as any form of guide as to how long. 

You could probably play through a fracture depending on what type.

If the oline can keep run blocking like that we will be fine for a few games without Mack. Wilkins and Williams just need to stay healthy the next few weeks. Hopefully Mack’s hand isn’t seaon ending. Reich did say Wilkins might miss one game so I think he should be back Thursday.  Houston not having Watt should help the passing and run game although they have tried to fix their corner issue.

• Like 1