Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jaguars Game Day Thread

SteelCityColt

Just now, Jdubu said:

By your logic of 3/4 of a game, Williams just got blowed up so now he sucks again. Sheesh. 

The dude made some plays for us, which has sadly been missed.  That catch in the end zone was BIG.

Look at the passing stats.  We arent exactly lighting it up.

Like it or not, Johnson is playing well right now.  Thats all i care about at the moment.

im takin it u are a BIG Cain fan.

u need to avoid the kool-aid served at camp and pre-season games.  Production in real games matters.

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

No, Johnson has played well, anduch much better than what we were getting from Cain, but being realistic, that didnt take much.  Also, he had a good catch for the TD, but it wasn't. Anything accomplished because of.greatnessnon his part.... He's been solid and just as good as you could hope for.  Nothing more, nothing less.

It’s nice to see some of these younger, obscure players getting some time and actually making the plays we need. Kudos to them but they aren’t suddenly stars as some are making them sound like. Give me 4-5 games and making plays and then I’ll agree that Williams and The wideout guy may be something. Until then, they are just guys doing their job 

• Like 1

Just now, Jdubu said:

It’s nice to see some of these younger, obscure players getting some time and actually making the plays we need. Kudos to them but they aren’t suddenly stars as some are making them sound like. Give me 4-5 games and making plays and then I’ll agree that Williams and The wideout guy may be something. Until then, they are just guys doing their job 

Absolutely, and glad they are doing it well.  It's nice to have guys meet and sometimes exceed, expectations

• Like 1

• Nadine locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'm very optimistic after Sunday's performance against the Chiefs fro multiple reasons. First, our D played great. That puts a lit less pressure on an offense when they know their defense can keep them in the game.   Second, we still have Jonathan Taylor. Enough said.   Third, while we may not have a great, down the field threat at receiver (looking at you Parris Campbell), I think our young guys are going to develop a lot this year, and should be enough to keep us in games with our stout defense (see reason 1 above)   Fourth, the most glaring weakness this season has been the awful play of our o line. Their is no way or reason to sugar coat it. The reason I'm optimistic about that is it seems to be primarily communication issues, and I think we have too many good veterans along that line for it to continue to be a problem. I think they can work through it. I just hope Chris Strawser is the guy to help them do it. The regression of the o line since he took over is concerning, but I will reserve judgement for a couple more weeks.   Fifth, Matt Ryan has looked pretty good when he hasn't been staring down open rushers. My only concern with him right now is keeping him alive until the o line gets better, and the ball security issues. Again, I think both of these get better as the season goes on.   Lots to build on coming out of Sunday. I think it might take a minute for a lot of us to adjust to a Colts team that is led by the D as opposed to the O after so many years of having an explosive offense, but I really liked what I saw last weekend and hopes it continues forward.    
    • Do you believe without those mistakes this Colts team would have beaten the Chiefs?   If your answer is no, then my take is spot on.    If your answer is yes, then you are just a blind homer trying to get my goat.  
    • I'll have to give the Jaguars credit, injuries or no injuries they embarrassed the Colts when they played in week two,  I think Lawrence is only going to get better with time and with an improved defense and new coaching philosophy they are going to give just about anyone on their schedule a hard time.  The Jaguars and the Dolphins have been the surprise teams so far in the NFL this year.
    • His footwork nor vision is near any of those players. He’s Philip Dorsett but worse. You can have speed but it means nothing if you can’t get separation because you can’t run routes
  • Members

• Demo627

Demo627 0

Rookie
    • MFT5

MFT5 269

• Shaolin06

Shaolin06 12

• PRnum1

PRnum1 1,146

• relkins

relkins 148