Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Kaepernick Misses NFL Workout

SteelCityColt

Our 3rd string hs qb could throw a better ball to recievers running routes vs air . 

I do wish teams were givin the chance to have Kap run plays they wanted like any other nfl workout . It became obvious this was about publicity and not about playing football . I do wish he got a shot just to end the debate if he belongs in the nfl talent wise or not .

He's extremely annoying because he talks as if he was a great QB that would help a team win now.  He was about as good as Brissett.   I'm not saying their games were similar, just that their value was about the same.  If Brissett brought this much negative attention, would any team sign him?   Probably not.  

image.png.cb36ae80035b8779b084c06354c4d02c.png

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Here’s the bottom line. For a 30 something back up QB, it’s not worth dividing your locker room or fan base  . At this point , his talent isn’t on par with the controversy . It’s a business decision by the teams. The NFL settled  with him, and provided an unprecedented workout. 
He’s been his own worst enemy in terms of getting hired, and it’s my opinion that his current talent level  is very mediocre . My model for a great back up QB is Earl Morrall or RG III in Baltimore . 

18 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No doubt. He really did it to himself. I really think that the Ravens, Steve Bisciotti and John Harbaugh , were going to sign him as a back up QB. Half the fans were up in arms, but I think it was going to happen. Then his girlfriend posts an inappropriate picture of Mr Bisciotti and Ray. Take out the politics, just look at the stupidity from the business angle for playing football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

No doubt. He really did it to himself. I really think that the Ravens, Steve Bisciotti and John Harbaugh , were going to sign him as a back up QB. Half the fans were up in arms, but I think it was going to happen. Then his girlfriend posts an inappropriate picture of Mr Bisciotti and Ray. Take out the politics, just look at the stupidity from the business angle for playing football. 

Yep.  Totally self-inflicted.  

He did it again.   25 teams spent money to go see his workout.   I'm guessing an average of 2 people per team.   Airfare, hotel, meals.  Maybe $3500 per team.  Even though the owners are extremely rich, no one likes wasting money.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yep.  Totally self-inflicted.  

He did it again.   25 teams spent money to go see his workout.   I'm guessing an average of 2 people per team.   Airfare, hotel, meals.  Maybe $3500 per team.  Even though the owners are extremely rich, no one likes wasting money.   

More over, no team (or the NFL / Game) likes a single player to dictate how things will be run.

It was a media publicity stunt, in the end. No matter the original purpose.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Possibly referring to this?

I saw that, but I didn't hear any "venom about the racist NFL". I mean, if one is going to accuse him with strong words like "spewing venom about the racist NFL", I hope there's at least something to back that up. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

I saw that, but I didn't hear any "venom about the racist NFL". I mean, if one is going to accuse him with strong words like "spewing venom about the racist NFL", I hope there's at least something to back that up. 

That's why I said possibly.

Would be nice if OP gave a link to the remarks referenced.

• Like 1

He just wants attention and the constant justification and rationalization to be somebody who does nothing. If I’m wrong then I agree with the person who said he’s just negative. He’s like a guy (again my second opinion here) who we all have in our lives who is right about pretty much everything he talks about, but all he talks about is nonsense that he can’t do as much as he says he can about. He talks about politics, how he got screwed over a hundred years ago, why he’s not rich etc. And he’s really not wrong but he’s REALLY NEGATIVE and it’s just like shut up this is why I don’t hang out with you anymore. It’s why nobody does. Then when we see you in town and think hey there’s ole boy and speak we’re trying to leave from around you within 5 minutes because you’re whining about something in some other town that has nothing to do with you.

I’m wondering if Kap is just playing the NFL.

I saw Kap recently signed a new deal with Nike, and that Nike’s sales/stock have been affected positively thru the recent Kap “interest.”

Is this all just a “hype” thing for promotion?  Does Kap really have intentions to play again in the NFL?

Something is off here.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:48 AM, BigQungus said:

The aggressive, militant tone won’t help his cause with NFL execs.

• Like 1

It’s like when a person becomes famous like the Kardashians,  they can’t get a legitimate job anymore, they have to become professional celebrities and that’s what he is now. His best bet is to make his charities his life’s work and stay relevant as a celebrity by getting attention now and then.  I think his girlfriend knows a  thing or 2 about that.