Indianapolis Colts
ColtsBlueFL

Tagovailoa suffers potentially career-threatening injury

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

if he's supposed to heal well.

The procedure went well according to the surgeon that performed it, but everything from there is an unknown.  Different people heal differently (compare Drew Brees shoulder recovery to Andrew Luck) They should have a better idea 2-3 months down the road. The first 6 months are most critical, but there will be follow ups and periodic Imaging procedures up to  18-24 months.

The history of NFL players going through this has not been good-

Bo Jackson

Dennis Pitta

A receiver in 1990's with Chargers

and there might be more.  But regeneration medicine procedures are more advanced and available. This might help tip the scales. But teams will keep close monitor on his rehab.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The procedure went well according to the surgeon that performed it, but everything from there is an unknown.  Different people heal differently (compare Drew Brees shoulder recovery to Andrew Luck) They should have a better idea 2-3 months down the road. The first 6 months are most critical, but there will be follow ups and periodic Imaging procedures up to  18-24 months.

The history of NFL players going through this has not been good-

Bo Jackson

Dennis Pitta

A receiver in 1990's with Chargers

and there might be more.  But regeneration medicine procedures are more advanced and available. This might help tip the scales. But teams will keep close monitor on his rehab.

And he will not have the pro training staff around him

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

And he will not have the pro training staff around him

He does the Universityb of Alabama medical team too-

Dr. James Andrews   (yes that 'famous' one)
Orthopedic Surgeon

Dr. Lyle Cain  ** did Tua's surgery **
Orthopedic Surgeon

Dr. Les Fowler
Orthopedic Surgeon

Dr. Norman Waldrop
Orthopedic Surgeon

Jeremy Gsell
Director, Football Rehabilitation Services
Football

Ryan Vicknair
Athletic Trainer
Football

Bobby Feeback
Athletic Trainer
Football

I don't like Colin and it hurts me posting a video of his... but... oh well... it's on topic. 

I think he has a point with regards to a lot of teams wanting a QB. Like for example, I could see the Titans trading up from roughly #15 to top 10 to take Herbert. Or the Chargers. There is a lot of teams in the market. We also have to keep an eye out for the Pats and the Saints moving ahead of us too, who have 40 year old QB's and don't have a long term future plan (assuming Teddy B signs with a different team). Both those teams have not been afraid to trade in recent years. Developmental players like Eason or Love may not even be there in the mid 20's such is the demand, especially as there are a host of teams with aging QBs and may view Eason/Love as players they can sit for a year behind the vet QB and learn.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:14 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

So far so good. But I've been around the medical block a few times. Declaring successful surgery is like a team GM declaring a successful draft after turning in their card in round 1. Looks real good... at that time.

I'd be very concerned is a surgery wasn't "successful" in the majority of cases!