Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Steelers claim Cain off of PS

Recommended Posts

With the injuries to the Steelers. Not surprising. Once JU JU gets back he may not last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually hope he sticks around there.  But he might end up back here after JU JU comes back. IF he stays there It will force Ballard to draft a WR instead of taking a chance on him developing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Well let’s see if our staff has held him back from performing or if he is just another talented kid who can’t perform when called upon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I actually hope he sticks around there.  But he might end up back here after JU JU comes back. IF he stays there Ir will force Ballard to draft a WR instead of taking a chance on him developing.

With TY, Fountain and potentially seeing what DF does here, I don’t see us picking WR before the 3rd round. We need to add potentially a QB in the first and we have to resolve that DT/NT spot as well as a CB and a RT/RG. That’s a lot of have to haves to pick wr early imho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep to me this is really good news. We will be in a good spot to get a stud in the draft. If Ballard passes on a stud I will scream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

With TY, Fountain and potentially seeing what DF does here, I don’t see us picking WR before the 3rd round. We need to add potentially a QB in the first and we have to resolve that DT/NT spot as well as a CB and a RT/RG. That’s a lot of have to haves to pick wr early imho. 

It will l give Fountain a chance. I also won’t be surprised to see Cain back after the three games they have to keep him on  the roster. I think the Steelers lost another WR also that browns game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I feel sorry for the guy. Going to another struggling QB situation... 

Look if he had been doing everything right he wouldn’t of been waived if it was all the QB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep to me this is really good news. We will be in a good spot to get a stud in the draft. If Ballard passes on a stud I will scream. 

mrw-when-the-same-student-keeps-asking-s

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look if he had been doing everything right he wouldn’t of been waived if it was all the QB.

Cain was known as a deep threat in college. We have zero deep game with JB thus far. He's never been a possession type WR, which is what they tried to turn him into after switching him back and forth from X to Z multiple times. You always preach JB needs time to develop and improve, but Cain was jacked around and asked to do things he wasn't good at, and didn't get an opportunity to do things he was good at. Pretty hypocritical of you to preach patience with one player and not the other... 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the Steelers getting Colts underpeforming WR's first Moncrief now Cain lol.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep to me this is really good news. We will be in a good spot to get a stud in the draft. If Ballard passes on a stud I will scream. 

Prepare to scream.  If you’re suggesting CB would take a WR in the first round, I think you will be sadly mistaken. Now, if the Colts don’t think they resign TY, then I could see it but forgetting to add in Paris Campbell to the mix as well makes me believe the first round WR guy would be a very slim chance. Warm up the cords my friend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

the end disney GIF

It might not be the end for him here. He will have to show something or after the three games is up he will be waived again when ju ju and the other WR come back.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think his skill set will fit in there better than here they run alot of vertical stuff . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JediXMan said:

What's the Steelers getting Colts underpeforming WR's first Moncrief now Cain lol.

Any time a team signs Moncrief I shake my head, lol.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It will l give Fountain a chance. I also won’t be surprised to see Cain back after the three games they have to keep him on  the roster. I think the Steelers lost another WR also that browns game.

They don’t “have” to keep him for 3 games for picking him up on the roster but they do have to pay him 3 game checks I do believe. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jdubu said:

Prepare to scream.  If you’re suggesting CB would take a WR in the first round, I think you will be sadly mistaken. Now, if the Colts don’t think they resign TY, then I could see it but forgetting to add in Paris Campbell to the mix as well makes me believe the first round WR guy would be a very slim chance. Warm up the cords my friend. 

Maybe not. But this WR class is supposed to be loaded.  It might not take a 1st rd pick. Maybe the WA pick. It will all depend on who is there with our first pick. This might be a very good time to find that TY replacement. Then with Campbell we could be sitting well.

2 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Think his skill set will fit in there better than here they run alot of vertical stuff . 

Not with mason. They dump off the the RB a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Think his skill set will fit in there better than here they run alot of vertical stuff . 

Both Pitt and Indy are among the worst in "big play" stats. 

Rudolf is a lot more capable of throwing long though, and was a downfield guy in college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Steelers  just have him run fast and go deep and he has success so be it. The colts clearly wanted more from him and he wasn’t ready to do what they wanted him to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’ll find some success in the NFL at some point. Not sure if it’s with Pitt though. I think he would’ve had a much different year here had Luck not retired, but then again most of our WR/TE’s probably would’ve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually hope he sticks around there.  But he might end up back here after JU JU comes back. IF he stays there It will force Ballard to draft a WR instead of taking a chance on him developing.

 

Even if Cain comes back to the Colts, a Ballard decision whether to draft another receive will be made independent of that.    That decision will be a stand alone.    And frankly, no matter what,  the need is there...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think the Colts take a WR on Day 2.    We've got 3 picks to find one we like.   As we all know, this is a very good WR class coming up.     I'd be beyond stunned if we didn't draft a WR in Rounds 2 or 3.    Seems like a natural fit of need and opportunity.    It's a love connection.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I think the Colts take a WR on Day 2.    We've got 3 picks to find one we like.   As we all know, this is a very good WR class coming up.     I'd be beyond stunned if we didn't draft a WR in Rounds 2 or 3.    Seems like a natural fit of need and opportunity.    It's a love connection.

 

Here is the issue though. Are we going to have another WR that needs developing if we pick that low rather then a 1st rd pick. I suppose you could end up with a guy like Mclaurin that late.  I don’t know enough about the WR that might be out there to know how many are going to be out there who are great.  Ballard did rave about the WR class. This could very well be the time we get that TY replacement. Future will be great with Campbell and a draft pick in 2020. Along with Hilton finishing his career with them it could be fun. If we go in with TY, Campbell, a draft pick, pascal and then maybe resign DF that could be a great group if everyone stays healthy. It even leaves room for a guy like fountain or to bring back Rogers. I definitely think this team will keep going with 6 Wr with the injuries this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually hope he sticks around there.  But he might end up back here after JU JU comes back. IF he stays there It will force Ballard to draft a WR instead of taking a chance on him developing.

They need to draft one anyway he wasn't and never will be the answer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I think the Colts take a WR on Day 2.    We've got 3 picks to find one we like.   As we all know, this is a very good WR class coming up.     I'd be beyond stunned if we didn't draft a WR in Rounds 2 or 3.    Seems like a natural fit of need and opportunity.    It's a love connection.

 

Completely agree. I was thinking the exact same thing as I read this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Completely agree. I was thinking the exact same thing as I read this thread.

I agree with you and @NewColtsFan, if JB is going to be our QB moving forward we need to get him more help. TY isn't no spring chicken anymore either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with you and @NewColtsFan, if JB is going to be our QB moving forward we need to get him more help. TY isn't no spring chicken anymore either.


If, Cain balls out in Pitt!

 

confused oh no GIF

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with you and @NewColtsFan, if JB is going to be our QB moving forward we need to get him more help. TY isn't no spring chicken anymore either.

Regardless of QB, that should be a big point of emphasis 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martavis Bryant is what I compare Deon Cain to, lot of 9 routes to succeed. Contrary to thought process/reputation, Rudolph has been under throwing his wideouts.

 

If they use him right, he can be productive since it doesn’t seem like their vertical offense is that creative right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Talk about a 20 page thread if that happens haha 


Wont be hard to match the 20-40 yards WRs in that offense get consistently. :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MPStack said:


If, Cain balls out in Pitt!

 

confused oh no GIF

How did Moncrief turn out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

How did Moncrief turn out there?


Sorry you didn’t get it! And I’ve been one of the biggest Cain doubters on the Forum, since he was drafted. 
 

cheers
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...