Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Bowen says The colts stadium is one of the least intimidating environments in the NFL.

NannyMcafee

10 minutes ago, Restored said:

I think we have to take in the demographics of the fan base as well. 2009 was 10 years ago and I’m sure not all of those fans are still going to games like they used to.

Agreed

For today’s game I am pretty sure there were a contingent of fans at the game rooting for Jax since Keelan Cole is from Louisville and went to school at Kentucky Wesleyan in Owensboro

If sales decline because of lack of offense, it just shows how weak the majority of Colts fans are...  Praising stats & raising up participation banners...  Anyway, I remember the 4th & 2 game.  The Luc was close to rivaling the Dome that night.  The building was literally rocking on that play. 

On 11/16/2019 at 6:12 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

I live near Buffalo...there have never been tarps. They support their team very well and the 70k seats are filled almost every game except meaningless December games in 10 degree weather.

I live in Binghamton and have been to a few Bills games over the years. And yes there were lots of empty seats mixed in every section. And I also remember 3-4 years ago talk of the bills splitting there 8 home games with Toronto to boost attendance.  

6 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

If sales decline because of lack of offense, it just shows how weak the majority of Colts fans are...  Praising stats & raising up participation banners...  Anyway, I remember the 4th & 2 game.  The Luc was close to rivaling the Dome that night.  The building was literally rocking on that play. 

Let's be honest. There are many types of fans. The die hards will always be there. The other go for the entertainment, the overall experience (game, tailgating, etc, status, etc..), family outing, etc.. They are still fans, but go for the fun. If the fun factor and experience factor diminish, they'll still watch and cheer, they'll just do it from home. Then you have kids who are mostly fun based. The reality is, it's expensive to go, especially if you're taking the whole family. If the whole family is not enjoying the $$$ spent, even the die hard will stay home with the wife and kids who may not share the same enthusiasm any more. I"m a die hard and wish I could go to the games every week, but I have family back in Indy that are starting to question the expense, and I can understand where they are coming from.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

I live in Binghamton and have been to a few Bills games over the years. And yes there were lots of empty seats mixed in every section. And I also remember 3-4 years ago talk of the bills splitting there 8 home games with Toronto to boost attendance.  

How many tarps did you see? I'm guessing 0.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:27 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tell them to root for another team then. IMO, this season was a blast until JB got injured, being 5-2 in 1st place in the South with wins at KC and over Houston. Winning is fun to me. To me I am just a Colts fan period and love when we win throwing a lot and I love when we win grinding it out. As long as we win I am happy, maybe some are not. Maybe some would rather lose pretty than win ugly lmao .

I like grind out wins, but not all the time. I need a few blowout wins over sub .500 teams every once and a while to make me feel like this team is capable of dominating an opponent. I absolutely love this (with what I'm hoping to be) identity change with the team. A top 10 defense with a smash-mouth offense can fare well greatly come playoff time. Luck would be putting up MVP numbers right now, but this team just hits different when Jacoby is under center. No more finesse....love it. 

I hope Thursday is where we really solidify this identity change on national television.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

This year has definitely taken the wind out of people's sails. Manning>Luck>Brissett. The games are all close now. We aren't dominating. The team is boring now, win or lose. A lot of the fanbase lost its passion when Luck retired, and ticket sales reflect that. It is what it is. As far as noise goes, this has always been a quiet crowd, and that's not a good thing either.

I think this is a big part of it.  Luck leaving has a huge effect.  When he left there was 3 or 4 days there when I didn't think I would watch any Colts games this year mostly because I was convinced it was going to be a 2 win season.

You also throw in that we where going to compete for a SB but that went out the window.  And the fact that the Colt's offense went from a top 5 offense to just average. 

• Like 1

Does LOS have any dedicated "super-fan" areas? I know I've been to other stadiums in the past and they actually have sections that require/strongly encourage you to stand, cheer, etc. Saddens me that I have to call that a "super-fan" area but I think it's time I try a different section at LOS. 

14 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Does LOS have any dedicated "super-fan" areas? I know I've been to other stadiums in the past and they actually have sections that require/strongly encourage you to stand, cheer, etc. Saddens me that I have to call that a "super-fan" area but I think it's time I try a different section at LOS. 

I would assume so. I saw a few of them (Colts Super Fans) at the draft.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:24 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Idk, this air guitar routine seems pretty intimidating to me.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1196141395737661440/pu/vid/1280x720/qU5K-mV99f3blt1S.mp4?tag=10

Instant classic

This was hilarious on the big screen. I also liked the "dance off". That one guy was just going bizzerk out there lol. 

2 hours ago, cjrulli said:

Arrowhead had or has the exact opposite    
  A Family section

I attended 1 RCA Dome game and it was the final season and it was the undefeated showdown vs the Patriots. Yeah, Colts blew a 20-10 4th q lead (bunch of injuries) but the game was awesome. I only remember Welker cussing at a Colt defender as he caught a pass with 2 min left to secure the victory kneel downs. I heard him from the other side of the stadium and he yelled "you F***ing suck" to Hayden or someone else. I thought to myself... man I hope that little midget never wins a Super Bowl. 

I think back now and laugh because without that loss, the Pats would've never had their 18-1 season losing the Super Bowl as 18-0 monsters to Eli and the wildcard Giants. I then laugh because Welker lost 2 Super Bowls on the Patriots then lost in the SB on the Broncos team w/Peyton.

I still wonder to this day if I cursed him? Remember his huge drop in the 2011 Super Bowl that was played in Lucas Oil Stadium? Haha!

But back on topic. The loudest I've ever heard Lucas Oil Stadium was in the 2009 season during the now infamous "4th and 2" game. I remember the stadium both Colts and Pats fans being confused for a minute when everyone realized Bill was going to go for it on his own 28 yard line to try and run out the final 2 minutes. Then all Colts fans stood up in their seats (besides the losers who gave up and left early in the 4th Q when the Colts were behind 14-31) and screamed our lungs out for that 4th and 2 play!  Then the fans erupted with sheer joy when Bullitt made the stop and the refs signaled as such. Then of course Peyton drove the team and also took time off the clock and zipped a 2 yard pass to Wayne for the win with 13 seconds left.

Patriots fans who were talking crap all game while ahead left their seats quickly to avoid eating crow (like the losers they are).

Still my best single play memory at a Colts game tied with the Peyton to Clark TD to seal the trip to Super Bowl 44 a couple months later. 

but 4th and 2 was def the loudest I've ever heard the stadium get! we wanted that win vs Bill Brady and Moss bad. 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Let's be honest. There are many types of fans. The die hards will always be there. The other go for the entertainment, the overall experience (game, tailgating, etc, status, etc..), family outing, etc.. They are still fans, but go for the fun. If the fun factor and experience factor diminish, they'll still watch and cheer, they'll just do it from home. Then you have kids who are mostly fun based. The reality is, it's expensive to go, especially if you're taking the whole family. If the whole family is not enjoying the $$$ spent, even the die hard will stay home with the wife and kids who may not share the same enthusiasm any more. I"m a die hard and wish I could go to the games every week, but I have family back in Indy that are starting to question the expense, and I can understand where they are coming from.

Good points. From that perspective, I can definitely understand. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

They are several fans that any hope of going to games is stopped for various medical reasons 

We’ve done a good bit of traveling to away games over the years. Been to KC and Green Bay and those are a step ahead of Indy. Others that we’ve been to  - not so much. Love Tenn but not a great game environment. A few others the same. 

I believe LOS can get plenty loud. Been a season ticket holder there since the beginning. I find myself on a key 3rd down intently watching the play instead of yelling my head off. Maybe it’s an age thing. 

Clearly the manning to luck to Brissett has had an impact. Plus the Colts have mishandled a couple of situations or at least the perception that they did is there I see other cities with plainly visible pockets of empty seats. Maybe just the nature of sports these days. 

14 hours ago, jskinnz said:

We’ve done a good bit of traveling to away games over the years. Been to KC and Green Bay and those are a step ahead of Indy. Others that we’ve been to  - not so much. Love Tenn but not a great game environment. A few others the same. 

I believe LOS can get plenty loud. Been a season ticket holder there since the beginning. I find myself on a key 3rd down intently watching the play instead of yelling my head off. Maybe it’s an age thing. 

Clearly the manning to luck to Brissett has had an impact. Plus the Colts have mishandled a couple of situations or at least the perception that they did is there I see other cities with plainly visible pockets of empty seats. Maybe just the nature of sports these days. 

Yeah I agree. Green Bay's stadium and it's location is just insane. The amount of echo that it has and being loud is super easy is crazy there. Definitely has some great sound there.

Lucas Oil is a bit stuffy noise wise. I think it's somewhat hard to be loud unless you're yelling at the top of your lungs. I've noticed a lot of people just want to relax and watch the game. Some get annoyed when you're constantly standing or yelling. Might be an age thing or just a Hoosier thing as well. lol. I've kinda noticed the stadium being about 85% full lately.

If Vinny makes his kicks & we're sitting at 8-2 or 9-1, would the stadium be more full? 

I think yes.  In spite of that, I think this team is still building into something special.  This Thursday's game will be a great opportunity for us to re-establish our dominance in the division over Houston.  JB has never lost to the Texans. Let's keep the streak going. 

After that I hope the fans come out strong for the Titans game because that's gonna be a tough one.  I think the Titans will be more dangerous with Tannehill.  Plus Nashville is close enough that I expect to see some of them in attendance.  Just hope not too many if you know what I mean... 

The fans will be back for the Titans game. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 9:55 PM, rockywoj said:

Wow, I remember my one and only game (2005) at the RCA Dome and it was, and remains, the loudest stadium I ever heard.  Have been to KC twice in the last two years ... it was loud, but not as loud as my game experience at the RCA Dome. (Open air stadium, tough to be as loud as a dome.)

Only been to 1 game at Lucas Oil.  Vs Denver when the Colts upset the Broncos, but Luck got injured. It was loud then, but not close to my RCA Dome experience.

Been to a lot of different venues around the league.  The one common thread?  The loudest stadiums were the ones where the teams are consistently doing very well.  Fair weather fans are all over the place. 

My dad got us season tickets for the 1995 season, which was really the Colts most successful season since coming to Indy at that time.   I remember it getting so loud in there with Captain Comeback.

• Like 1