Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Reichs quote on Jacoby and his leadership

Recommended Posts

Reich just said this about Jacoby.  He also mentioned today how they have been working with him by taking away the first read and making him go through his progressions. I really hope he can put it all together because he has the intangibles. The colts need him to be the guy if they don’t want to take a step back.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

glad the coaching staff knows he sucks at going through his progressions maybe they can get that fixed by the end of the year 

That doesn’t mean he sucks. But it does show that they see he needs to improve in that area. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That doesn’t mean he sucks. But it does show that they see he needs to improve in that area. 

he does in fact suck at that 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So when some of us fans mention JB has issues going through his progressions we are JB haters and discredit all the good he does but when Reich mentions it, it's jus an area he needs to improve upon.

toronto raptors applause GIF

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of things to like about JB and his leadership skills is one of them.  I have mentioned in other threads, there are very few QBs who, I beleive, could have be thrust into the situation he was in and helped keep the team on a steady line and playing competitive football.

 

I will also say, it takes more than being a leader to be a great QB.  General Custard was a great leader, what he was not good at was reading a situation (kind of like he didn't go through all his progressions.)

 

yes, I did it. I tied Custard's lack of anticipating a setup to JB having trouble going through his progressions.  take that all my history teaches who said I didn't pay attention.

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So when some of us fans mention JB has issues going through his progressions we are JB haters and discredit all the good he does but when Reich mentions it, it's jus an area he needs to improve upon.

Just for the record  I have never said that he doesn’t need to improve. I have also never hated on anyone saying it. My issue has always been with the ones who say he can’t improve or won’t improve.  I have patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Just for the record  I have never said that he doesn’t need to improve. I have also never hates on anyone saying it. My issue has always been with the ones who say he can’t improve or won’t improve. 

So noted for the record.  Didn't you also say that you would laugh if the Colts went a different direction at QB and ended up in QB purgatory for years?

 

I'm just asking for the record. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

So noted for the record.  Didn't you also say that you would laugh if the Colts went a different direction at QB and ended up in QB purgatory for years?

 

I'm just asking for the record. :)

No that is not what I meant. I would laugh at the people who wanted him gone.

I posted this to show that they realize weaknesses and are trying to improve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have patience.


But you were done with team.....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The reason the JB haters are haters is not because they criticize him.  It's because they "only" criticize him and the compliments are "always" backhanded.  That's what constitutes a hater.  Reich pointed out good as well as bad.  That's called being objective.


There’s plenty of objective assessment, just as there’s plenty of people who refuse to engage with the discussion, instead chucking out ad hominems and men of straw. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

glad the coaching staff knows he sucks at going through his progressions maybe they can get that fixed by the end of the year 


Sorry you’re in a bad mood today....  but that was completely pitiful.   Just awful.   Thanks for wasting internet bandwidth. 
 

You’re capable of much better. 
 

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lack of being able to read progressions is most of the reason I don't think he will be the Colts QB of the future.  

 

I don't think it's likely that he will improve much on this as long as he's been in the league with as much experience as he has.  

 

Hope I'm wrong because it causes major problems in all aspects of offense.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So noted for the record.  Didn't you also say that you would laugh if the Colts went a different direction at QB and ended up in QB purgatory for years?

 

I'm just asking for the record. :)

she also said she was "done with this team" yet, here she is, still posting away.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nickster said:

The lack of being able to read progressions is most of the reason I don't think he will be the Colts QB of the future.  

 

I don't think it's likely that he will improve much on this as long as he's been in the league with as much experience as he has.  

 

Hope I'm wrong because it causes major problems in all aspects of offense.

23 starts. What kind of experience is that. Not like he has 5 years of starting.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nickster said:

The lack of being able to read progressions is most of the reason I don't think he will be the Colts QB of the future.  

 

I don't think it's likely that he will improve much on this as long as he's been in the league with as much experience as he has.  

 

Hope I'm wrong because it causes major problems in all aspects of offense.

dude, hes basically in year 2. and not even fully in year two.  Even the now highly touted great ones, Manning, Brady, Brees, etc took more than 1.5 years of actual playing time to develop into what would make them legends.  and it could be argued that Manning's break out wasn't until year 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Sorry you’re in a bad mood today....  but that was completely pitiful.   Just awful.   Thanks for wasting internet bandwidth. 
 

You’re capable of much better. 
 

I like other things about him but this is the thing that pisses me off most about him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just for the record  I have never said that he doesn’t need to improve. I have also never hated on anyone saying it. My issue has always been with the ones who say he can’t improve or won’t improve.  I have patience.


I would in fact be willing to bet that you’ve said both things in the same thread 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

23 starts. What kind of experience is that. Not like he has 5 years of starting.

hes still been in the league 4 years! :facepalm:

 

with great coaching and also playing behind some of the best in the business. but yeah let's continue to treat him like some dumb 2nd year player.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

dude, hes basically in year 2. and not even fully in year two.  Even the now highly touted great ones, Manning, Brady, Brees, etc took more than 1.5 years of actual playing time to develop into what would make them legends.  and it could be argued that Manning's break out wasn't until year 4.

here is the thing though, going through progressions is not something that takes years to do.  And all the QBs you mentioned and many others were very good at going through their progressions coming out of college.  I believe it's one of those things that cannot be learned more than incremental improvement, a QB either is good at it or they are not.  A QB may become better at it in their range but someone who is bad at it will not become good, someone who is good at it will not be great at it.  It's one of the major reasons why I don't think QBs like Watson or Winston are elite QBs.  It's also a big reason why Wilson has become an elite QB despite being "too small" to be an NFL QB.

 

Additionally, when it comes to something as fundamental for a QB as going through his progressions, you cannot just limit it to his starts.  he's been in the league for 4 years now.  Even has a backup/scout team QB he has to be able to go through his reads.  It is the same as saying that a LB only has 23 starts of course he's not going to be good at tackling yet.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

There are a lot of things to like about JB and his leadership skills is one of them.  I have mentioned in other threads, there are very few QBs who, I beleive, could have be thrust into the situation he was in and helped keep the team on a steady line and playing competitive football.

 

I will also say, it takes more than being a leader to be a great QB.  General Custard was a great leader, what he was not good at was reading a situation (kind of like he didn't go through all his progressions.)

 

yes, I did it. I tied Custard's lack of anticipating a setup to JB having trouble going through his progressions.  take that all my history teaches who said I didn't pay attention.

Custard - Custard is a variety of culinary preparations based on milk or cream cooked with egg yolk to thicken it, and sometimes also flour, corn starch, or gelatin.

 

Custer - George Armstrong Custer was a United States Army officer and cavalry commander in the American Civil War and the American Indian Wars.

 

I love custard!

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Of course Reich will say that, what do you expect him to say.

Reich was not asked about him. He always talks about how feels practice has gone for the week. He talked about this and how he thought the WR handled it well. 

 

Why would he just make something up they had been working on in practice. I would hope they are alway looking at ways to improve a player.

 

Nobody said it was going to take him years. It’s about game experience. Brady was called the check down king his first three years before he became elite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Custard - Custard is a variety of culinary preparations based on milk or cream cooked with egg yolk to thicken it, and sometimes also flour, corn starch, or gelatin.

 

Custer - George Armstrong Custer was a United States Army officer and cavalry commander in the American Civil War and the American Indian Wars.

 

I love custard!

 

 

I guess my history teachers were correct.

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I guess my history teachers were correct.

 

Sorry - I couldn't help it.  But I get your point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Sorry - I couldn't help it.  But I get your point.

No need to apologize.  I call enough people out on things like that.  Glad to see someone call me out on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nobody said it was going to take him years. It’s about game experience. Brady was called the check down king his first three years before he became elite.

They still call him that.  But the difference is Brady checks down after he had gone through his progressions.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reich has the utmost faith and confidence in Vinny's leg!  Imagine how bad these progressions must be to have hit his radar!

 

:troll:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gspdx said:

Custard - Custard is a variety of culinary preparations based on milk or cream cooked with egg yolk to thicken it, and sometimes also flour, corn starch, or gelatin.

 

Custer - George Armstrong Custer was a United States Army officer and cavalry commander in the American Civil War and the American Indian Wars.

 

I love custard!

 

 

 

Bless you... Bless you. I am really trying not to poke bears today...

 

The itch was so strong...

 

You were my Neosporin.

 

Thank you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, ha, ha.....whatever psyche job Reich wants to use.

Brissett must be mentally fragile.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No need to apologize.  I call enough people out on things like that.  Glad to see someone call me out on it.

 

Humility is on the path to enlightenment...

 

Some-ish like that...

 

I try and remind myself daily lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Ha, ha, ha.....whatever psyche job Reich wants to use.

 

 

My God, you're right...

 

It's a conspiracy, man.

 

If Reich know tha hez company loyal to stand by the nonsense and the obvimously lack of talent an holes on diz roster then then he knows that if he shows JB can't reaf his progrezions den the opposing teams will have the advantage! Reich try to tank for a top 10 pick! We all know it!

 

BACK TO THE PILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*I lost today's internal battle, because of my brother to the north... A certain south park song I am dieing to use as justification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

General Custard

*MEGACRINGE!*

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Armstrong_Custer

 

And Custer did, in fact, have a pretty good grasp of situational awareness and was one of the finest Union cavalry commanders in the Civil war.  His problem at Wounded Knee was that he got bad intel from his scouts.  Bad information always leads to bad plans and bad results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No need to apologize.  I call enough people out on things like that.  Glad to see someone call me out on it.

Your fat and have body odor.

 

 

 

 

 

school of rock quote 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

*MEGACRINGE!*

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Armstrong_Custer

 

And Custer did, in fact, have a pretty good grasp of situational awareness and was one of the finest Union cavalry commanders in the Civil war.  His problem at Wounded Knee was that he got bad intel from his scouts.  Bad information always leads to bad plans and bad results.

He was also very arrogant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

It's pronounced "Mustard" and he was only a Colonel.

Lt. Colonel actually.  But LOL at the Clue reference anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

glad the coaching staff knows he sucks at going through his progressions maybe they can get that fixed by the end of the year 

Spot on. And.... Hilarious. Thank you. This post got me rolling. Even snorted.

 

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just for the record  I have never said that he doesn’t need to improve. I have also never hated on anyone saying it. My issue has always been with the ones who say he can’t improve or won’t improve.  I have patience.

You do admit he needs to improve, but you also blame other facets of our O a lot as an excuse for JB's issues. Stats are your friends.

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

23 starts. What kind of experience is that. Not like he has 5 years of starting.

That's more than rookies have... 

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

dude, hes basically in year 2. and not even fully in year two.  Even the now highly touted great ones, Manning, Brady, Brees, etc took more than 1.5 years of actual playing time to develop into what would make them legends.  and it could be argued that Manning's break out wasn't until year 4.

Yes, Brady improved a lot over time, but he also led the league in TDs in his 2nd year....

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

here is the thing though, going through progressions is not something that takes years to do.  And all the QBs you mentioned and many others were very good at going through their progressions coming out of college.  I believe it's one of those things that cannot be learned more than incremental improvement, a QB either is good at it or they are not.  A QB may become better at it in their range but someone who is bad at it will not become good, someone who is good at it will not be great at it.  It's one of the major reasons why I don't think QBs like Watson or Winston are elite QBs.  It's also a big reason why Wilson has become an elite QB despite being "too small" to be an NFL QB.

 

Additionally, when it comes to something as fundamental for a QB as going through his progressions, you cannot just limit it to his starts.  he's been in the league for 4 years now.  Even has a backup/scout team QB he has to be able to go through his reads.  It is the same as saying that a LB only has 23 starts of course he's not going to be good at tackling yet.

 

This can not be stressed enough. Reading Ds and going through progressions takes both vision and processing. Both are more "natural" than "learned" gifts. While they can be learned, it's much harder, and may even be capped for many. Both issues were present in college, and it's still a big struggle.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

They still call him that.  But the difference is Brady checks down after he had gone through his progressions.

B.I.N.G.O.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Going into the season there were some that thought Pascal wouldn't make the roster. I had him as a #4, he is good enough to be a #3 IMO. 
    • That could be written about him now.   What i see, is that his negatives should be fixable.   I think JB can be successful.  I think now you have to gameplan and script well to help him.  And i feel , in time, he can improve the down the field stuff.     He protects the ball, so with a good D he could be “the guy.”   But is he “the guy” for the Colts.      I’m not gonna bash JB.  I respect what he has done.  I just hope Reich/Ballard ate realistic in what he can be and if that is enough.  I dont have the expertise to know.  Heck, its a guess for Reich and Ballard.   I do, however, support drafting a QB (hopefully one with promise, not back-up ceiling quality) to compete and possibly be the future.     JB was thrust into a terrible position 2 years ago and he never complained.  In fact, all he did was gain the respect and faith of coaches and teamates. Then, this year, he is thrust unexpectedly into following a “generational talent” that replaced a “goat” and once again, he handled it with class.  Now i agree i’d like to see more from him, but with the issues this tear its hard to tell whos to blame.  I’m not sure he’s the answer, bit i also think many QBs would have struggled here.  Look at how Brady is doing without receiver help.
    • So why the love from Parcells, Reich and Ballard? Must be his personal character and leadership they like so much. They never talked about Luck that way...that I know of.
    • I look at Pascal as a #3 but that is my opinion. Average, not great/not bad. 
    • Until you can prove otherwise, JB is taking us nowhere.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...