Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What should the NFL do with Garrett?

Four2itus

3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Then you open the flood gates for everything that happens. First Rudolph will not Go and press charges nor would he testify in court.  The league surprisingly took care of it and his punishment is appropriate.  Garrett is Suh 2.0 an amazing talent who is an extreme hot head.

lastly if this did happen what next fans dialing 911 because of a hard hit?  (You laugh but Chara of the Bruins in the NHL literally had thAt happen to him in Montreal during an NHL game. Bunch of woke *.)

The Bruins!!....who can forget this one!.....:lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

The Bruins!!....who can forget this one!.....:lol:

Omg Terry O’Reilly.. that makes me think of my childhood lmao...  Hockey a mans sport and the only athletes you can run into and buy a beer for and they don’t have body guards protecting them lol

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, Four2itus said:

My opinion is very clear...life banishment.

On 11/15/2019 at 12:30 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Truthfully he should go to jail for that.

20 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Give him a lifetime ban Myles Garrett used a weapon(Helmet)

These are some very hot takes.  It's not like this is the first time this sort of thing has happened in the heat of the moment in sports.  It just happened to be a primetime rivalry game on national television.

I've heard of these things (taking a players' helmet off him and swinging it at him) happening in the past when things get heated in training camp without the cameras and the national viewing audience.  I've heard of players throwing things at each other in the locker room after a loss.

And that's just in football.  Are we going to ban hockey players for life and arrest them for "assault with a deadly weapon" for high-sticking?  What about pitchers throwing a 100mph fastball at a batters neck/head area?  Is that "attempted murder" worthy of a lifetime ban and jail-time?

Cmon guys, reel it in a little bit.  haha

On 11/17/2019 at 2:50 AM, Qwiz said:

I don’t know about life banishment but he should feel the repercussions of his actions. Maybe a few more games next season in addition to what he is serving now and a hefty fine. That oughta do it. 

I completely agree! I have not watched many Browns games, is this a first time offense? Or is he been a constant dirty player like this? (Like Suh with the stomping on heads and legs type thing not roughing the passer dirty..)

On 11/17/2019 at 2:50 AM, Qwiz said:

I don’t know about life banishment but he should feel the repercussions of his actions. Maybe a few more games next season in addition to what he is serving now and a hefty fine. That oughta do it. 

I tend to agree.  

Not sure what the league will do about next year, but I was okay with him being out the rest of this year.  

I would have to believe, IF he's allowed back next year, and has another on field anger management issue.. and does anything intentionally, potentially harmful, he would be gone for good.  Just my thoughts.

I still smh at how bizarre this was to watch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimJaime said:

I completely agree! I have not watched many Browns games, is this a first time offense? Or is he been a constant dirty player like this? (Like Suh with the stomping on heads and legs type thing not roughing the passer dirty..)

Pretty sure this is a first offense for him. He’s never been known as a dirty player like Suh or Incognito 

8 hours ago, Gramz said:

I tend to agree.  

Not sure what the league will do about next year, but I was okay with him being out the rest of this year.  

I would have to believe, IF he's allowed back next year, and has another on field anger management issue.. and does anything intentionally, potentially harmful, he would be gone for good.  Just my thoughts.

I still smh at how bizarre this was to watch.

Yep. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one since he doesn’t have a history. But anything remotely like this happening again and I wouldn’t doubt the NFL makes that move and gets rid of him for good. 
 It was definitely bizarre. I remember looking up at the TV and wondering how things got so out of hand when the ball was already gone, and the shock of seeing someone actually swinging a helmet at a fellow player. Definitely insane. 

8 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Yep. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one since he doesn’t have a history. But anything remotely like this happening again and I wouldn’t doubt the NFL makes that move and gets rid of him for good. 
 It was definitely bizarre. I remember looking up at the TV and wondering how things got so out of hand when the ball was already gone, and the shock of seeing someone actually swinging a helmet at a fellow player. Definitely insane. 

not to mention only 8 seconds left in a game that was already decided.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, Four2itus said:

My opinion is very clear...life banishment. This moment is in your hands NFL...what will you do?

Mine is -

No more games the rest of 2019. Regular or post season.

Let him back into NFL just before OTA's, attend camp, and games in 2020 if no further incidents.

And I think this is exactly what the NFL will do.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 1:22 PM, CantBeStopped said:

How Rudolph didn't get a suspension as well is ridiculous

He got $50,000 fine. Fortunately the rookie has collected >1.5 million before taxes so far.

Garret gets a $45,623 fine on top of his suspension.

Pouncey got $35,096

Lot's of others $3,507 for entering fighting area

EKFhokqWoAAnrlL?format=jpg&name=900x900