Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Bridgewater said that it would need to be the right situation if he was going to leave NO. Chargers would be since they are set up to win. This QB situation in the draft isn’t close to being finalized.    
    • https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/01/27/super-bowl-liv-49ers-chiefs-kobe-bryant-eli-manning-mmqb?__twitter_impression=true   First off what an amazing story and reading the details of how Mahomes was drafted. In the story Veach, Ballard and a select few knew in February they were going to draft Mahomes and the plan was going to how to get up there and draft him.   I'll say this. If Colts are in the Qb market for the draft I'm sure they know who they want or have an idea. I'm also sure there is talks if there is plans on how to secure that Qb since there are teams ahead of them. Not saying they are going to draft one for sure but they're doing the work.
    • You don't think the 2019 Colts roster is better than the 2017 roster?   In 2017 the O-line was lousy.   Now it is top 3 in the league.  Brissett played very similar in 2017.   The better O-line cut his sacks in half.     In his 4 years in the league his accuracy % is very consistent.  Around 60%.    
    • I think improving just iDL, or even both iDL and DE would make the back end look much much better. I look at things heavily based on chosen scheme. Our current scheme simply won't work without an improved pass rush. And our pass rush ranked pretty darn low. I think improvements in that are make the whole machine hum along better, and we'd see the DBs look more "ball hawking" instead of  "geesh, how long to I have to cover this guy". While I've never been a big fan of Geathers, I think Desir if perhaps the bigger need to upgrade as far as DBs are concerned. But again, perhaps they both look a lot better if we had a decent pass rush. I really love using Oke at both SAM, and on passing downs at MIKE. It's great bang for the buck. Since we use SAM a third or less % of the time, it's great to get more value out of Oke by getting passing down snaps from him at MIKE. I'm not a fan of Walker in passing downs, but even less of a fan of Oke in running downs at MIKE. I am a big fan of Walker in running downs though. Walker won't compel a big dollar contract only being a 2 down LB, so not sure you have to worry about a big extension.    On his grade, keep in mind that Walkers grade suffered when he moved to WILL when Leonard was out for 3 games, and he played 100ish% of snaps and had to defend the pass. Honestly I wish they would have left Walker at MIKE and let fill in for Leonard at WILL. IIRC, Walker is only making 2.6M now, which is less than Oke and Speed. He's not a FA until 21, so we've got time. While he's likely not a pressing need for the FO, I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign something in the 5-6M range sooner than later, which would be at the bottom of the top 20. 8-9 would put him in the 12-13 range, and honestly I don't see that given he's a 2 down guy.
    • I would think with the talent they have they would want more of a veteran. They are in a win now mode. A rookie sets them back. They are not on a rebuilding mode. They have more talent then the colts I think. Go after a tackle in the first and get a veteran. They are getting ready to play in the new stadium so maybe they want a young exciting QB. So much can change after FA starts. If they get Brady they have to take a tackle at 6 though.
  • Members