Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns/Steelers

BloodyChamp

5 minutes ago, Gramz said:

That would explain the uncontrolled rage, but it's still inexcusable what Garrett did 

I agree on both accounts.  Question is, what does that mean for Rudolph?  Announcer said the league is awaiting review of the audio from the game before making a final decision on other players, including Rudolph who allegedly utter said word

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Now THAT is an ejectionable offense.  If officials heard it it would have been enforced on the spot.  Now its going to be an investigation, not sure how they prove it.

QB helmets are mic'd up. plus the league has other listening devices in place. I'm sure if it is there, they'll find it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

What action did he do that would get an ejection? That's what gets suspensions.

Appropriate action for now.

Doing what?  Have an example of another doing that that was ejected/suspended?

Please enlighten me.

Suspensions often happen to players who were not ejected

Ejections are handled by the the On-site Crew who have limited sources while Suspensions are handled by the league office who might have access to more material 

There have also been instances that players were ejected and automatically fined had their fines waved or reduced because of “new” evidence

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

QB helmets are mic'd up. plus the league has other listening devices in place. I'm sure if it is there, they'll find it

I'm looking-

"In a now-deleted tweet, ESPN’s Josina Anderson said she’d bet that Garrett would say he heard Rudolph “call him something egregious” in defense of what he did.

"I would bet Myles Garrett will say he heard Mason Rudolph call him something egregious. Never seen Garrett act like that, ever."

The seemingly obvious implication in that statement is that Garrett would potentially say he heard Rudolph use a slur. While she quickly deleted the tweet, it was screencapped and Anderson was quickly raked over the coals for writing it.

Anybody got anything else?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'm looking-

"In a now-deleted tweet, ESPN’s Josina Anderson said she’d bet that Garrett would say he heard Rudolph “call him something egregious” in defense of what he did.

"I would bet Myles Garrett will say he heard Mason Rudolph call him something egregious. Never seen Garrett act like that, ever."

The seemingly obvious implication in that statement is that Garrett would potentially say he heard Rudolph use a slur. While she quickly deleted the tweet, it was screencapped and Anderson was quickly raked over the coals for writing it.

Anybody got anything else?

It sounds like people made a mountain out of a molehill

• Like 3

There’s already a Cleveland Brown who played the R card when he didn’t have it in his hand in case everybody forgot. I obviously don’t like racial slurs but I don’t like the unwritten rule that they are licenses to kill either. Whenever that word comes up at this point I’m as skeptical of 1 side as I am the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Never a question there.  Anybody coming off the sidelines will be fined too. Either side.

I doubt any other suspensions are forthcoming... unless all 22 video shows more pushing/shoving.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

im sure

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It sounds like people made a mountain out of a molehill

There is no excuse for any of that behavior in the NFL, Miles Garret, seems to have a rap sheet on doing the wrong thing on the field, recently this year , and it seems he has escalated it to the point of what transpired last night. Regardless, of what you think of  last night's  video replay, There is a major concern in the escalation in behavior problems , this year that Miles Garret has been involved in. There is a pattern , That should not be over looked, It seems if you looked at his past problems , that his pattern seems to be escalating, and that should be a red flag to what is going on with Miles. The major concern at this point should be , Miles does need mental help in the future , if he want's to stay in the NFL. 

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Rudolph should go unpunished as he was reacting to a 260 lb. known psycho on top of him with the game all but over. He had to be thinking, "What the %$%^ is going on!?"

Uh no, Garrett's tackle was either legal or at worst questionable.  It wasn't all that late, and if that tackle was all that happened and Garrett was our guy we'd be praising him for playing  a full 60 minutes.

At the very worst it's a flag for a late hit.  These things happen all the time..

Rudolph was the one that took it to new territory by grabbing Garrett's helmet while on the ground.  That provoked all the rest of it, even if you consider that Garrett overreacted, he overreated to Rudolph doing his level best to rip his head off.

If a QB can't handle that kind of hit they really shouldn't be in the NFL.  This is an immature rookie acting out his frustrations after turning in a terrible performance. 

Rudolph was mostly mad at himself but he took it out on another human being by attacking them.  That's disgusting no matter how you slice it, regardless of Garrett's overreaction to it.  Also stupid considering how much bigger than him Garrett is.

Anyway, that's why Rudolph was fined, but I really wish the NFL had sent a stronger message there.  Garrett deserves his suspension, but he didn't start that fight, and he wasn't the first guy to go dirty, Rudolph was by grabbing and tugging at his helmet in the pile.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

Uh no, Garrett's tackle was either legal or at worst questionable.  It wasn't all that late, and if that tackle was all that happened and Garrett was our guy we'd be praising him for playing  a full 60 minutes.

At the very worst it's a flag for a late hit.  These things happen all the time..

Rudolph was the one that took it to new territory by grabbing Garrett's helmet while on the ground.  That provoked all the rest of it, even if you consider that Garrett overreacted, he overreated to Rudolph doing his level best to rip his head off.

If a QB can't handle that kind of hit they really shouldn't be in the NFL.  This is an immature rookie acting out his frustrations after turning in a terrible performance. 

Rudolph was mostly mad at himself but he took it out on another human being by attacking them.  That's disgusting no matter how you slice it, regardless of Garrett's overreaction to it.  Also stupid considering how much bigger than him Garrett is.

Anyway, that's why Rudolph was fined, but I really wish the NFL had sent a stronger message there.  Garrett deserves his suspension, but he didn't start that fight, and he wasn't the first guy to go dirty, Rudolph was by grabbing and tugging at his helmet in the pile.

I am not sure some actually seen the whole play the way they are posting. Rudolph actually started it, like Ben Wallace started that crap when Artest got suspended for the year. I agree with the 6 game suspension though for Garrett (that is perfect as it ends his season) because one can't use a helmet as a weapon. Rudolph should get 1 game IMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Please enlighten me.

Are you assuming that Garrett knew the ball had been thrown?

I think Schobert saw the ball be thrown, but Garrett didn't, so Schobert backed off, but Garrett finished taking the QB to the ground.

I think Rudolph was frustrated and overreacted, but then Garrett REALLY overreacted, and then Pouncey REALLY overreacted.

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

you're right. Rudolph started that one. found the clip and have a good shot of it, wont let me post the screen shot. 

at the 1:23 mark

I watched the game real time. The clip you show started too late. Here is a clip that, beginning at 0.38, shows what really started it. Note, there were only 8 seconds left in the game. Pittsburgh was in submission mode and then there was this (0.38 forward):

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

With 8 seconds left in the game and Pitt down 14, beyond hail mary territory, and already in a submission mode, Garrett had already played his full 60 minutes before the play had started. I understand being very physical with a QB in a contested game. Once the game is essentially over, it is uncalled for. I understand Rudolph believing what I just stated.

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue12 said:

With 8 seconds left in the game and Pitt down 14, beyond hail mary territory, and already in a submission mode, Garrett had already played his full 60 minutes before the play had started. I understand being very physical with a QB in a contested game. Once the game is essentially over, it is uncalled for. I understand Rudolph believing what I just stated.

They were still trying to gain yards, it's still the job of the defense to stop them from doing so. 

Again, in a normal situation where nothing else happened in the play we would be PRAISING Garrett for playing buzzer to buzzer.  It's part of trying to learn how to be a dominant team, taking no plays off, all those blissful cliches.

If the Steelers wanted to keep Rudolph upright, instead of attacking Miles garrett for playing football, maybe #33 should have blocked Garrett.  If you watch the play on the initial tackle #33 plays some weird game of patty-cake with Garrett and lets  him run on by.  It was #33's pathetic excuse for "block" that gave Garrett a lane in the first place and if this was our team we'd be roasting that guy alive.

What happened was that #33 was the intended receiver on a screen pass.  Garrett read it like a book and came right after the RB gambling that he would be trying to get open rather than block, and it worked perfectly.  Good read, good speed, great sack.  The fact that it happened in the closing seconds just means that Garrett had a great play in the closing seconds, nothing more.

It was only after Rudolph wrapped up his helmet and tried to take his head off that Garrett responded violently.  Because what Garrett ultimately wound up doing has no place in the NFL, but neither does retaliating against defensive players for legal plays.

So yes, I would suspend Rudolph.  Because defensive players get the fuzzy end of the stick too much as it is when it comes to punishments and quarterbacks shouldn't have the privilege of acting like cowards and hiding behind the zebras when they pick the wrong target.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

There is no excuse for any of that behavior in the NFL, Miles Garret, seems to have a rap sheet on doing the wrong thing on the field, recently this year , and it seems he has escalated it to the point of what transpired last night. Regardless, of what you think of  last night's  video replay, There is a major concern in the escalation in behavior problems , this year that Miles Garret has been involved in. There is a pattern , That should not be over looked, It seems if you looked at his past problems , that his pattern seems to be escalating, and that should be a red flag to what is going on with Miles. The major concern at this point should be , Miles does need mental help in the future , if he want's to stay in the NFL. 

We were discussing the overreaction to the tweet not the play