Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns/Steelers

BloodyChamp

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely, Pouncy 3 game suspension, Ogunjobi 1 game suspension. I'm fine with all of those suspensions but how the Hell does Mason Rudolph get NOTHING!

League says its still reviewing and further fines and suspensions are pending.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but what if he got angry Quenton Nelson No GIF by Indianapolis Colts

there'd likely be some new Flat Stanley(S)

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely, Pouncy 3 game suspension, Ogunjobi 1 game suspension. I'm fine with all of those suspensions but how the Hell does Mason Rudolph get NOTHING!

He might

I am not sure suspensions are  over yet

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he should get a game IMO. That is puzzling he got nothing.

The OL who held Garrett down for Pouncey should get something too

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

He is noted for a mean streak

yeah, if they got Ogunjobi for 1 game for tackling an opposing player to the ground during a fight, they will most certainly get DeCastro for tackling garrett down and holding him down while he was being attacked.

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I see Pouncey getting some type of suspension too

Yes

The same with Rudolph

No

Pitt and Tomlin should bare some of the responsibility 

Schobert (who had a Great Game, BTW) hit Mason about the same time as Garrett.  Schobert pulled off, but MG continued to wrestle him down. Ref was no longer looking. and I'm sure MR felt MG used unnecessary roughness and responded. 

IMO, offsetting personal fouls.  League might it that way too.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would go 1 for Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer because he started it.

No, if anything a 15 yard personal foul, maybe, but another one on MG as well- offsetting.

6 for Garrett at most, he could've really hurt Reindeer. Luckily he didn't but his act deserves 6 games, JMO.

Indefinite suspension pending further review.

2 For Pouncey, I agree because of him fighting

Yes, coming to defense is no excuse.

and 1 for OG for the push is how I would go.

No, he didn't swing but was diffusing MG from further damage.

But one on the other Brown defender that knocked Mason down a second time.

Edit: just saw the League memo.   And members posts about it.  Anyway here's MG Shobert on the play-

OMu46hu.jpg

hGsbbuB.jpg

7eRNid3.jpg

Schobert has let off, not MG. In fact MG still hasn't got M. Rudolph to the ground as Schobert trots away-

laVjjya.jpg

Ref hasn't been looking so no flags coming until much later; after the real shenanigans begin.

15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes

No

Schobert (who had a Great Game, BTW) hit Mason about the same time as Garrett.  Schobert pulled off, but MG continued to wrestle him down. Ref was no longer looking. and I'm sure MR felt MG used unnecessary roughness and responded. 

IMO, offsetting personal fouls.  League might it that way too.

No, if anything a 15 yard personal foul, maybe, but another one on MG as well- offsetting.

Indefinite suspension pending further review.

Yes, coming to defense is no excuse.

No, he didn't swing but was diffusing MG from further damage.

But one on the other Brown defender that knocked Mason down a second time.

Edit: just saw the League memo.   And members posts about it.  Anyway here's MG Shobert on the play-

OMu46hu.jpg

hGsbbuB.jpg

7eRNid3.jpg

Schobert has let off, not MG. In fact MG still hasn't got M. Rudolph to the ground as Schobert trots away-

laVjjya.jpg

Ref hasn't been looking so no flags coming until much later; after the real shenanigans begin.

none of your jpegs work..

He tried to rip off Garrett's helmet when they were on the ground and then kept coming toward him as well after that but Garrett deserves 6 games = the brunt of the punishment.

Maybe he felt he shouldn't have even been on the ground (see Schobert and other pix above)

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

got a clip that shows that please?

I got Pix-

XF6skcr.jpg

1hjOEUr.jpg

9BHqToG.jpg

Then-

A0ndYJM.jpg

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

He did nothing I saw that requires an ejection or suspension, but a fine is coming.

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

FK and MT hold some of the responsibility 

Yes. Teams were fined a quarter million $ each because of it.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

none of your jpegs work..

Hmmm, work on my PC and iPad...

Yeah I called that one. I agree with it. That could've been real bad, luckily Rudolph wasn't hurt.

It seems that way but, I personally would feel better if he had a CT scan, and maybe even an MRI, to rule out any acute blunt trauma subdural hematoma.

It's possible they just might being doing this and not making a public spectacle of it.

I think I remember Earl Thomas knocked him out cold and in to the hospital in early October, too.  Yup-

I think Rudolph will/should get 1 game. I said Pouncey would get 2 games, he got 3. I was close on that one.

I doubt Rudolph gets any suspension... just a fine.  Things Rudolph has done happens in other games by other players without anything more than a fine.

I'm glad FK and MT were sent a message, too.

• Like 1

Man, I think you gotta give Rudolph something.  He turned that situation into a brawl in the first place. 

Deal with Garrett, I think an indefinite is a bit extreme but a 4 game suspension, which IS fair, would be most of the rest of the season so w/e.

But Rudolph was the one who took it there.  Garrett's overreaction shouldn't completely negate Rudolph's consequences.  you can't protect quarterbacks if they're going to do stupid crap like he did then try to hide behind the NFL when angry football players come after them.

What Rudolph did was absolutely cowardly and it absolutely provoked what Garrett did.  I'd give him at least 1 game.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He got the rest of the year.

And post season, if necessary.

"Garrett's indefinite suspension is at a minimum for the remainder of the regular season and postseason. He must meet with the commissioner's office before a decision is made on his reinstatement, and he was fined an additional amount, the NFL said."

"Garrett violated unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct rules, as well as fighting, removing the helmet of an opponent and using the helmet as a weapon," the league said in a statement.

5 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Man, I think you gotta give Rudolph something.  He turned that situation into a brawl in the first place. 

Deal with Garrett, I think an indefinite is a bit extreme but a 4 game suspension, which IS fair, would be most of the rest of the season so w/e.

But Rudolph was the one who took it there.  Garrett's overreaction shouldn't completely negate Rudolph's consequences.  you can't protect quarterbacks if they're going to do stupid crap like he did then try to hide behind the NFL when angry football players come after them.

What Rudolph did was absolutely cowardly and it absolutely provoked what Garrett did.  I'd give him at least 1 game.

Um. I'm listening to ESPN right now, live. They just said the league is investigating Rudolph for spouting a racial slur that set Garrett off after he was taken down...

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Um. I'm listening to ESPN right now, live. They just said the league is investigating Rudolph for spouting a racial slur that set Garrett off after he was taken down...

Holy crap I didn't realize that.  Even without that component I'm just hoping Rudolph doesn't skate, but at least that means he's more likely to actually face consequences.

Seconds left in a game that was already decided.   smh

Stupidity at its finest.  

We were watching it unfold as it happened.  I had to rewind live TV twice because I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I agree with others that Rudolph could have a brain bleed from that. Hopefully he's been checked out thoroughly.

• Like 1

Just now, Gramz said:

Seconds left in a game that was already decided.   smh

Stupidity at its finest.  

We were watching it unfold as it happened.  I had to rewind live TV twice because I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I agree with others that Rudolph could have a brain bleed from that. Hopefully he's been checked out thoroughly.

If what someone said a couple posts up, that Rudolph said a racist comment in the scrum and that's what drove Garrett berzerk, you might want to short sell that sympathy stock, because it's gonna go down like a stone in water.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That would explain the uncontrolled rage, but it's still inexcusable what Garrett did 

• Like 1

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

If what someone said a couple posts up, that Rudolph said a racist comment in the scrum and that's what drove Garrett berzerk, you might want to short sell that sympathy stock, because it's gonna go down like a stone in water.

Yes.  I just saw that and commented. 

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

What action did he do that would get an ejection? That's what gets suspensions.

Appropriate action for now.

But Rudolph was the one who took it there. 

Doing what?  Have an example of another doing that that was ejected/suspended?

Garrett's overreaction shouldn't completely negate Rudolph's consequences.  you can't protect quarterbacks if they're going to do stupid crap like he did then try to hide behind the NFL when angry football players come after them.

What, protecting yourself from a player that may have unnecessarily threw you down? (Schobert was able to pull off the tackle after hitting MR at about same time MG did.  I posted pix above.)

Please enlighten me.

4 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Now THAT is an ejectionable offense.  If officials heard it it would have been enforced on the spot.  Now its going to be an investigation, not sure how they prove it.