Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns/Steelers

BloodyChamp

I’m ready to sit down with my slow cooked bacon wrapped backstrap and baked potato, with the crunchiest leftover bacon strips sprinkled on the potato! Yummy yummy yummy! While watching a good game.

I made this topic in part to plug my cooking this rare treat but also because upsets happen alot on TNF. The Browns broke their losing streak on TNF last year. Here now they haven’t quit so we will see. I think it’ll be a good game either way. Either it will be a good close game or an entertaining mess.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I’m ready to sit down with my slow cooked bacon wrapped backstrap and baked potato, with the crunchiest leftover bacon strips sprinkled on the potato! Yummy yummy yummy! While watching a good game.

I made this topic in part to plug my cooking this rare treat but also because upsets happen alot on TNF. The Browns broke their losing streak on TNF last year. Here now they haven’t quit so we will see. I think it’ll be a good game either way. Either it will be a good close game or an entertaining mess.

Forget football, you are making me hungry haha 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I just ordered a pizza with bacon, so touche !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

Did that just happen?

Rudolph just got hit in the head with his own helmet.  Pouncey trying to kick Garrett.

Wonder what the suspensions are going to be?

Rest of the season for Garret. I liked him coming out of college. He’s turning into a dirty player QUICKLY. 

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

Did that just happen?

Rudolph just got hit in the head with his own helmet.  Pouncey trying to kick Garrett in the head while he's on the ground...

Wonder what the suspensions are going to be?

That was wild. I started looking for a turnbuckle!

Garrett and Pouncey rest of the season, Ogumjobi 2-3 games and Mason Rudolph probably a game. That’s my guess.

First time since 1999 they beat both Ravens and Steelers in same year and then this happens. The Browns sure were head hunting, Gregg Williams probably left some lessons for them before he left. :( 

I'm guessing. 1 game for Rudolph, 2 each for Decastro and Pouncy, and 4 for Garrett. But who knows how the league will spin it to control PR.  Maybe Garrett gets more and they go easy on the Steelers.  Hard to say, Walden got, what, one game for his headbutt and Haynesworth got 4 or 5 for his stomp.

5 hours ago, esmort said:

Looked to me Like Rudolph initiated the whole thing (he was ripping at Garrets mask and twisting his head) and than came back to escalate it.

He has just come off a concussion and Garrett had him pinned to the ground with unnecessary excessive force on a meaningless down and when you’re pinned and feel like you need to get off, you grab at anything you can, that’s what happened, IMO. If Garrett had let go once he got Rudolph to the ground, Rudolph would not have pushed off thus resulting in the helmet slipping but it felt like Garrett wanted to hurt him all along. At some point, your instinct to fight back and get him off you without waiting on your OL to bail you will take over.

The action he could have easily avoided is going after him after the helmet was ripped off since his OL took over at that point.

This Browns team is a punk team from Mayfield, to Beckham , to Garrett. Braggarts without portfolio. Only they could mess up a nice win. Why would Garrett pull that with 09 seconds left ? 
The Browns have talent, but they have done nothing so far , 4-6, to deserve all the national hype they have been given. Pouncey will get clipped also, and I won’t lose any sleep over any Brown or Steeler suspended. 

What a bizarre ending. Unbelievable. 

I was glad to see the Browns win, but that ending sure put a damper on it.  Incomprehensible.

I see definite suspensions coming.  Garrett will probably be out for the season.  It's one thing to yank the helmet off, but no....he had to take it farther and intentionally beat him over the head with it. :facepalm:  No excuse!

Garrett should be suspended for the remainder of the year and next season to make a example that this type of behavior is inexcusable. Rudolph should get supended 2 games for initiating the brawl. Everyone else should just get fines because they were reacting to Garrett swinging the helmet.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

This is absolutely despicable. They need to make an example out of that *, but they won't because it's the NFL where you can get suspended 5x and still keep coming back. 

7 minutes ago, Shaolin06 said:

Garrett should be suspended for the remainder of the year and next season to make a example that this type of behavior is inexcusable. Rudolph should get supended 2 games for initiating the brawl. Everyone else should just get fines because they were reacting to Garrett swinging the helmet.

No matter what the NFL does or does not do, Rudolph's agent may go beyond... to the justice system/courts outside the NFL.

"There are many risks an NFL QB assumes with every snap taken on the field," Younger wrote. "Being hit on your uncovered head by a helmet being swung by a 275 LB DE is not one of them. Tonight could have had a catastrophic ending. The matter will be reviewed thoroughly."

Civil and/or criminal charges may be pursued...