Indianapolis Colts
krunk

Browns Waive Antonio Callaway

He's a bit of a headcase (a lot of a headcase) but he's really talented. I just wish he went to a less dysfunctional team than the Browns. 

Mentoring and structure could have been great for him.

Still wouldn't hate a 1yr flyer deal for him. See what he can bring.   

Leaving the Browns could be the best thing that could happen to him.  Coming to an organization like the Colts could be the 2nd best thing that could happen to him.  I would love to see Ballard give him a chance.  

• Like 1

I'd take him for the rest of this year and see how it goes. if he screws up cut him and move on or he behaves and becomes a key developmental player for us. it's a very low risk and possible high reward situation imo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Browns organization seems to be in state of disarray.  

Even more so now lol

On 11/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd take him for the rest of this year and see how it goes. if he screws up cut him and move on or he behaves and becomes a key developmental player for us. it's a very low risk and possible high reward situation imo.

If he did come in here and wasn’t suspended, who would you cut to get that roster spot? 

4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

If he did come in here and wasn’t suspended, who would you cut to get that roster spot? 

not sure could cut Kelly he isnt needed lol 

12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

not sure could cut Kelly he isnt needed lol 

Possibly. I see other needs right now than a cast off WR on a short week. Cb or S is probably a bigger concern if our guys are that nicked up. But unfortunately, Kelly is a bubble roster cut. 

On 11/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, UKColt13 said:

He's a bit of a headcase (a lot of a headcase) but he's really talented. I just wish he went to a less dysfunctional team than the Browns. 

Mentoring and structure could have been great for him.

Still wouldn't hate a 1yr flyer deal for him. See what he can bring.   

Cain had baggage and our staff could not mold him.  Cain is a pleasure compared to Callaway; hes a disaster.

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Cain had baggage and our staff could not mold him.  Cain is a pleasure compared to Callaway; hes a disaster.

Cain’s main issues with the Colts were injuries.   Whatever baggage he had that made him slip to the 6th round were not brought here to the Colts. 

To the best of my knowledge there are no negative stories about Cain while in Indianapolis.   Except injuries.   He wasn’t healthy enough, long enough to get polished enough to co tribute much.   But he has still has a ceiling.  His future is still viable if he can stay healthy for an extended period of time.  But in every interview I ever saw, Ballard spoke highly of Cain.  Very highly. 

Maybe it’s with Pittsburgh, maybe he returns to the Colts someday.   I wish the kid well. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now