Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
krunk

Browns Waive Antonio Callaway

Recommended Posts

He's a bit of a headcase (a lot of a headcase) but he's really talented. I just wish he went to a less dysfunctional team than the Browns. 

 

Mentoring and structure could have been great for him.

 

Still wouldn't hate a 1yr flyer deal for him. See what he can bring.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving the Browns could be the best thing that could happen to him.  Coming to an organization like the Colts could be the 2nd best thing that could happen to him.  I would love to see Ballard give him a chance.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take him for the rest of this year and see how it goes. if he screws up cut him and move on or he behaves and becomes a key developmental player for us. it's a very low risk and possible high reward situation imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Browns organization seems to be in state of disarray.  

Even more so now lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd take him for the rest of this year and see how it goes. if he screws up cut him and move on or he behaves and becomes a key developmental player for us. it's a very low risk and possible high reward situation imo.

If he did come in here and wasn’t suspended, who would you cut to get that roster spot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

If he did come in here and wasn’t suspended, who would you cut to get that roster spot? 

not sure could cut Kelly he isnt needed lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

not sure could cut Kelly he isnt needed lol 

Possibly. I see other needs right now than a cast off WR on a short week. Cb or S is probably a bigger concern if our guys are that nicked up. But unfortunately, Kelly is a bubble roster cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, UKColt13 said:

He's a bit of a headcase (a lot of a headcase) but he's really talented. I just wish he went to a less dysfunctional team than the Browns. 

 

Mentoring and structure could have been great for him.

 

Still wouldn't hate a 1yr flyer deal for him. See what he can bring.   

Cain had baggage and our staff could not mold him.  Cain is a pleasure compared to Callaway; hes a disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Cain had baggage and our staff could not mold him.  Cain is a pleasure compared to Callaway; hes a disaster.


Cain’s main issues with the Colts were injuries.   Whatever baggage he had that made him slip to the 6th round were not brought here to the Colts. 
 

To the best of my knowledge there are no negative stories about Cain while in Indianapolis.   Except injuries.   He wasn’t healthy enough, long enough to get polished enough to co tribute much.   But he has still has a ceiling.  His future is still viable if he can stay healthy for an extended period of time.  But in every interview I ever saw, Ballard spoke highly of Cain.  Very highly. 
 

Maybe it’s with Pittsburgh, maybe he returns to the Colts someday.   I wish the kid well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...