Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
The Oopty Oop

Sightseeing at the Luke

I've been to plenty of games but never have done anything but get carried away pregaming while tailgating. Is there any must see things in the stadium anyone would suggest? Is the super bowl trophy on display anywhere?

• Like 1

Been to Lucas several times but have never seen the trophy on display anywhere, but with the crowds I may have walked right past it and not even noticed. I’m guessing Irsay has it at his mansion or on display at the 56th street practice facility with all of his other expensive collections?

Surely you’ve seen the Peyton Manning statue outside? It’s a must see if not, I usually have a few words with it pre and post game, kind of a ritual now I guess.(people look at me weird , but I don’t  care.)Spent a while there the night Luck retired. Sad day.

Theres the Lucas Oil Dragster on display that I’m sure you’ve seen, along with a few other Lucas Oil displays.....there might be more but with the crowds it’s usually a struggle to get grub/drinks and get to my seat. 

So I have a similar question: this is my first time ever going to LOS and Indianapolis as a whole! (Been to a colts/chiefs game in kc) We are roadtripping 10 hours and were wondering what arw some of the best places to eat in the city and general sightseeing- adventure having avenues. 

25 minutes ago, Kenzicocapontas said:

So I have a similar question: this is my first time ever going to LOS and Indianapolis as a whole! (Been to a colts/chiefs game in kc) We are roadtripping 10 hours and were wondering what arw some of the best places to eat in the city and general sightseeing- adventure having avenues. 

ST Elmos is always a must. If you are a big meat eater Fogo Dechao is a great place but be prepared to eat. They have some decent bars to go to, I really enjoy Punch bowl social, brothers and Howl at the moon. There is also the slippery noodle in the area if you're into blues. The circle center monument is always cool along with the museum at the speedway. If you go north there is topgolf which is a blast along with all sort of indoor go cart places.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, twfish said:

ST Elmos is always a must. If you are a big meat eater Fogo Dechao is a great place but be prepared to eat. They have some decent bars to go to, I really enjoy Punch bowl social, brothers and Howl at the moon. There is also the slippery noodle in the area if you're into blues. The circle center monument is always cool along with the museum at the speedway. If you go north there is topgolf which is a blast along with all sort of indoor go cart places.   

Thank you so much!!!

Something I've done at several stadiums of all sorts (football, baseball, hockey, bball) is to take a nice walk around the entire place after the game for a few pictures and to see if there's anything interesting I probably missed. They usually don't shut the place down for 2/3 hrs after games.

• Like 2

If in Indy , St Elmo’s is a must. That and Peter Luger’s in NY are my favorites . Not sure where the Colts 2006 trophy is, maybe with Ringo’s drum set !

If you want to see the 1970 Super Bowl 5 trophy , it resides in Baltimore at the Babe Ruth Museum. Occasionally , they have opportunities to take pictures with the trophy. 

On 11/14/2019 at 5:58 PM, The Oopty Oop said:

I've been to plenty of games but never have done anything but get carried away pregaming while tailgating. Is there any must see things in the stadium anyone would suggest? Is the super bowl trophy on display anywhere?

If you like eating, St Elmos like others have said. A few mile drive gets you to Iaria's if you like Italian. If you like drinking, Slippery Noodle if you've never been. 9 Irish Brothers is good food and drink. If you like to walk, the canal walk, or just bar crawl to and from the circle. If with a bunch of guys, the Red Garter is close. A bunch of Colts used to hang out there in the late 80s to mid 90s lol.