Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Here's the thing about playing QB.  You have a few seconds before the snap to read the defensive and put your offense in the best position possible.  Ball snapped, you basically have to process progressions, protection, and coverage in 3 seconds.  Then you have to delivery the ball accurately to the right read.  There is only a handful of people who can do that consistently.  If you are born with that ability, you can be coached on how to make it better.  But you cannot coach someone who doesn't already have it.  So I get so frustrated that year after year QBs come into the NFL and you hear they have everything physically needed.  They just need coaching.  But most of the time, they are missing that ability to process what I described above.  How many times do you read about a physically gifted player who is smart and eager to learn but never amounts to anything?  If it was just coaching, someone like that would always succeed.   My point is, you have to look how  a QB processes things instead of whether they have a huge arm or can run a 4.5.  So when I hear about guys like Love or Eason and hear they have all the ability but just need the right  coach, I shake my head because I don't think either will be that successful in the NFL. Here's the thing about playing QB.  You have a few seconds before the snap to read the defensive and put your offense in the best position possible.  Ball snapped, you basically have to process progressions, protection, and coverage in 3 seconds.  Then you have to delivery the ball accurately to the right read.  There is only a handful of people who can do that consistently.  If you are born with that ability, you can be coached on how to make it better.  But you cannot coach someone who doesn't already have it.  So I get so frustrated that year after year QBs come into the NFL and you hear they have everything physically needed.  They just need coaching.  But most of the time, they are missing that ability to process what I described above.  How many times do you read about a physically gifted player who is smart and eager to learn but never amounts to anything?  If it was just coaching, someone like that would always succeed.   My point is, you have to look how  a QB processes things instead of whether they have a huge arm or can run a 4.5.  So when I hear about guys like Love or Eason and hear they have all the ability but just need the right  coach, I shake my head because I don't think either will be that successful in the NFL.
    • I have read on more than one site that Funchess is being linked to many teams as a player those teams would target in FA.  I hope Ballard can resign him but without Luck I would expect him to sign with a contender.  We were a contender when we signed him.  That's all changed.  I think it will take one heck of a sell job by Ballard to get him or any FA worth their salt to sign with us not to mention the money it would take for the top guys.  Huge problem with our QB situation so up in the air.  
    • Doesn't seem to affect his accuracy and his depth. He's probably not a bomber, tho'.
  • Members

• Nickster

Nickster 328

• Pacergeek

Pacergeek 456

• stitches

stitches 6,890

• DougDew

DougDew 3,615

• ponyboy

ponyboy 417

• Kangaroo