Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward

chad72

36 minutes ago, King Colt said:

When I think of how much I was looking forward to this season it is a little depressing to see how it is panning out.

Give it three more weeks,  could look totally different.  If it looks worse, "a little depression" seems like a reasonable response. Either way, looks you're on the right track.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tony Dungy was on the fan this morning. He said his second year in Tampa they had a kicker that kept missing. The media kept saying he needs to go and they were going to miss the playoffs. He said he went into the locker room and told them I don’t care if he misses all his kicks he is our kicker. Your just going to have to go out there and take the ball away. He said it really got the team going.

The only difference it hasn't got the Colts going.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I don't think it much matters what any of us think.

:dunno:. Just sayin'

What?  So many special teams experts in here.    They obviously know more than people that have been doing this their entire lives.    I love you grams.  But obviously you're wrong. 

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was that 62.5% 5/8 FGs? Because that would be a small sample size. Bryant is low and I'll admit I'm wrong there, but there's better options than Adam still.

Clearly this is due to the league not wanting the colts to win.   It's all rigged from jump street

FG kicking is sub-par around the league. 3 out of 4 FGs seems to be the best you can ask from most kickers this year, it seems like. Last night, watching the Cleveland kicker shank 2 FGs badly but hit his PATs made it seem like there is going to be a trade off we have to settle for in the current landscape.

The grass is really not that green on the other side, it seems like. We just have to get behind our team and coaches and AV as well and ride it out this year hoping things will get better. Whether the decision is right or wrong, the least we can do is support their decision, even if we don't agree with it because our Colts need it!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

FG kicking is sub-par around the league. 3 out of 4 FGs seems to be the best you can ask from most kickers this year, it seems like. Last night, watching the Cleveland kicker shank 2 FGs badly but hit his PATs made it seem like there is going to be a trade off we have to settle for in the current landscape.

The grass is really not that green on the other side, it seems like. We just have to get behind our team and coaches and AV as well and ride it out this year hoping things will get better. Whether the decision is right or wrong, the least we can do is support their decision, even if we don't agree with it because our Colts need it!!!

I’ll be there supporting, even though I disagree with their decision. 

As for last night, wasn’t the Cleveland kicker 16-16 on fgs before last night? Thought they put up that stat before his first miss (that figures). 

On 11/14/2019 at 9:26 AM, Myles said:

Kind of stretching it there.

Maybe "Uncle Oliver" has been molesting his nieces.   Do you still invite him?

Adam has been stinking it up most of the season.   It's not like the Colts didn't give him chances.  He's 70% on extra points.   Worst in the league my a bunch.  Getting rid of him isn't an insane idea.   Neither is keeping him.

actually he started missing quite a few beginning the last 6 games of the 2018 season also. Should have been a red flag then coming into this season.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see posts by people in here about Colts fans or how a Colts fan should be. Only problem I have ever had in here and it is only with a handful of fans is they seem to only post a lot when we lose and disappear when we win. Strange to me, I have noticed that with a few. They almost seem to get some kind of enjoyment out of us losing and bashing the team. Also too much negativity sucks, being critical of the team after a loss is fine though IMO. If you are going to do that then praise the team when we win. As far as who starts at QB, I have said all along as long as we are winning I really do not care who starts. Brissett gives us the best chance of winning this year so why not pull for the guy to succeed instead of bashing him?

It's true.  Nothing drives posting like a loss and poor play.

That's always been how it is.

I'm thinking of all the 'Fire (fill in the blank)' threads we've had over the years and all the 'cut (fill in the blank) threads as well.

We try to weather the 'venting' period, maintain a reasonable space for ongoing frustration but, also move on to less ranting because that's not what the boards primary purpose is..

You are right, we need balance between the fan camps.  That's the goal.

There should be room for fans to be ticked off but also for other fans to not be subjected to nonstop venting.  After all, the board is for discussion and rants should not dominate

Achieving that goal is always a moving target

• Like 4

On 11/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, MPStack said:

There aren’t rules that define a Colts Fan. 

It’s hard to believe some of the posters on this forum are really Colts fans,  when it is blatantly obvious their M.O. is to bash the Colts when the chips are down.  It is their “get off”, so to speak. Maybe, they were bullied as a child. :dunno:

Second sentence contradicts the first.

Fans who only post to vent are fans.  Most of them anyway.  

But I agree that too much bashing isn't really discussion, it's just subjecting others to your anger.

It's like booing at games but then going home and continuing to boo all day every day.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 9:21 AM, LockeDown said:

So if I have a great family but Uncle Oliver is struggling, I should quit inviting him to family functions for the better of the family? Or we can have his back, believe in him and encourage him. This team claims to be the tightest locker room in the NFL.

I had a situation like this recently.  I went ahead and personally invited uncle oliver.  He didn't come.  His absence created drama.

Sometimes there's drama NOT MATTER WHAT YOU DO

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 10:37 PM, 1959Colts said:

Personally, I believe all that really matters from the kicker, is him doing his job of making the kicks.

This.  Missed field goals are like missed free throws in basketball.  So upsetting and incomprehensible.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

I think this has Irsay all over it. Hes msking Ballard and Reich back up Vinny... I think hes scared Pats will steal the retirement thunder. I do believe the Pars would sign him to finish there. Carry two kickers.

This reminds me of all the posters who insisted that Irsay wouldn't fire Grigson because he was like 'the son he never had'

I think Irsay has always been clear on his admiration of the stability and success of the Steelers organization.  I think the quest for that kind of stability is what drives the lack of knee jerk reactions.

I also think he's always been clear that his goal is to hand power to the coach and the gm.  His track record as owner is evidence of that.

Whether or not you agree with the decisions that you attribute to him alone, I think it's clear that nothing so trivial as having retirement thunder stolen has ever driven the leadership of this organization.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

This.  Missed field goals are like missed free throws in basketball.  So upsetting and incomprehensible.

I love this analogy!

You lose by a few points while shooting 50% free throws.

You say “if we just shot 70% on free throws we win the game.”

“If we make one of those kicks, we win the game.”

Never the only reason for losing, but a glaring one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

Second sentence contradicts the first.

Fans who only post to vent are fans.  Most of them anyway.  

But I agree that too much bashing isn't really discussion, it's just subjecting others to your anger.

It's like booing at games but then going home and continuing to boo all day every day.  

c86c17f2eeabb4e8abaf5d89cac75d58.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nadine said:

I had a situation like this recently.  I went ahead and personally invited uncle oliver.  He didn't come.  His absence created drama.

Sometimes there's drama NOT MATTER WHAT YOU DO

Lol. At least you didn’t say my analogy was dumb. I will think harder before I post another analogy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nadine said:

Well, to make them equal, the basketball player shooting the free throw would have someone else throw the ball to another player, then hold it for them, while the rest of the team blocks for the shot. 

23 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Well, to make them equal, the basketball player shooting the free throw would have someone else throw the ball to another player, then hold it for them, while the rest of the team blocks for the shot. 

:nutz:   :scratch:

27 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

One person shoots a free throw. A Long snapper has to get the snap right, the holder has to grab the snap, place it correctly, and the line has to block adequately. 

Comparing a free throw to a FG kick is extremely inaccurate. 

Lol haha.  I am well aware of the dynamics. 

I also understand what @Nadine was saying.  People think free throws should be automatic points, the same as FGs or extra point kicks.  Not always a given.. and fans are very disappointed when they don't happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Four2itus said:

One person shoots a free throw. A Long snapper has to get the snap right, the holder has to grab the snap, place it correctly, and the line has to block adequately. 

Comparing a free throw to a FG kick is extremely inaccurate. 

Certainly there is more involved in a FG kick.

I was talking in a more broad sense of their place in the games and how fans react to them

I never intended to say they are precisely the same.  Not sure how you got that

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Oh yes,  they are totally different from an execution standpoint, but very similar from an expectation standpoint. 

• Like 1