Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward

Tony Dungy was on the fan this morning. He said his second year in Tampa they had a kicker that kept missing. The media kept saying he needs to go and they were going to miss the playoffs. He said he went into the locker room and told them I don’t care if he misses all his kicks he is our kicker. Your just going to have to go out there and take the ball away. He said it really got the team going.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is your opinion 

Here are some facts

Nugent had a K % of 62.5 
    Bryant had a K % or 64.3 and was replaced by someone who was out of the league since 2017

Was that 62.5% 5/8 FGs? Because that would be a small sample size. Bryant is low and I'll admit I'm wrong there, but there's better options than Adam still.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tony dingy was n the fan this morning. He said his second year in Tampa they had a kicker that kept missing. The media kept saying he needs to go and they were going to miss the playoffs. He said he went into the locker room and told them I don’t care if he misses all his kicks he is our kicker. Your just going to have to go out there and take the ball away. He said it really got the team going.

They went 10-6 that season

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tony Dungy was on the fan this morning. He said his second year in Tampa they had a kicker that kept missing. The media kept saying he needs to go and they were going to miss the playoffs. He said he went into the locker room and told them I don’t care if he misses all his kicks he is our kicker. Your just going to have to go out there and take the ball away. He said it really got the team going.

Was that kicker 46 years old and finished? Vinny isn't getting better. He's regressing fast.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Was that 62.5% 5/8 FGs? Because that would be a small sample size. Bryant is low and I'll admit I'm wrong there, but there's better options than Adam still.

Who is out there that is better

Please provide names

14 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

So Vinny hasn’t been good this season but people are worried about him signing somewhere else still?

I think the Pats are good enough to take him aboard win and retire him to rub it in Irsays face. Imho. I still think we should cut him.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was that kicker 46 years old and finished? Vinny isn't getting better. He's regressing fast.

Husted only had a regular gig for 2 more years and ended his career with a 71% career K %

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Who is out there that is better

Please provide names

Cole Hedlund

Elliott Fry

Jake Elliott (I believe is a FA)

Cody Parkey

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of. Not hard to be better than Adam at this point.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Cole Hedlund

Elliott Fry

Jake Elliott (I believe is a FA)

Cody Parkey

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of. Not hard to be better than Adam at this point.

Hedlund and Fry are unproven

Elliott has been with Philadelphia all season 

Parkey is known for the double doing and costing his team not to mention he was the K for the Titans until last week

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Yeah, I'm not happy with the kicking either.  I dont think Ballard or Reich are okay with it either.  They just can't come out and rip on him though. It's not professional or productive.  I think the writing is on the wall.

Yup, we'll never know what they truly feel lol. I don't want them to throw guys under the bus either, but their actions are pretty clear. I would like to be a fly on the wall during Ballard/Reich/Irsay conference calls (not just about AV)

Hedlund and Fry are unproven

Elliott has been with Philadelphia all season 

Parkey is known for the double doing and costing his team not to mention he was the K for the Titans until last week

What's the worst that can happen with Hedlund or Fry? They play as bad as Adam? How about Tevecchio and Vedvik? There's a lot of unprovens, but their floor is Adam now, and they'll probably be a bit better. Adam is awful now, and that we do know.

Overall, even with AV's recent struggles, the Colts are a winning team. AV's struggles are a problem, but not as big as being 0-7 without T.Y.

I'm more concerned of TY being out out the lineup than AV being in the lineup. If the offense plays it right, we can mitigate the affect AV has on the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What's the worst that can happen with Hedlund or Fry? They play as bad as Adam? How about Tevecchio and Vedvik? There's a lot of unprovens, but their floor is Adam now, and they'll probably be a bit better. Adam is awful now, and that we do know.

Vedvik was going the K job twice this offseason by the Vikings and Jets was beat out in Minnesota and missed 2 kicks in NY in week 1 and got cut

The Falcons brought Matt Bryant out of retirement in the last week of preseason because they were not happy with him

Both of those guys are not unproven

FYI

I research things for fun

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Vedvik was going the K job twice this offseason by the Vikings and Jets was beat out in Minnesota and missed 2 kicks in NY in week 1 and got cut

The Falcons brought Matt Bryant out of retirement in the last week of preseason because they were not happy with him

Both of those guys are not unproven

FYI

I research things for fun

You don't need proven, you need a guy who is slightly better than Adam. As I said, what's the worst that can happen? Adam is that bad this year. Some more proven guys are Novak, Walsh, and Cataronzo. I've named 10 guys, a few of them are better than Adam now.

1 hour ago, egg said:

It's like a captain leading a platoon in war who can't shoot a beer bottle off a fence post from 10 feet away.

I'm surprised at how many people here don't know why AV is still on the team.

There is no one available now that would be an upgrade. All that is out there now is the very bottom of the barrel. 

Why replace a bad kicker with another bad kicker? It makes no sense.

I love Vinny, but if there was a good option out there for kicker, that kicker would be kicking lol.... I do like the thought of him a STs coach role though.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

You don't need proven, you need a guy who is slightly better than Adam. As I said, what's the worst that can happen? Adam is that bad this year. Some more proven guys are Novak, Walsh, and Cataronzo. I've named 10 guys, a few of them are better than Adam now.

Catanzaro retired in the off season, Blair Walsh and Novak have been out of the league since 2017

Were any of the names you have provided brought in 

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Catanzaro retired in the off season, Blair Walsh and Novak have been out of the league since 2017

Were any of the names you have provided brought in 

Fry and Hedlund were, however, I don't believe Adam was losing the job no matter what. Just a PR stunt by the Colts to pretend like they were doing their due diligence.

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Fry and Hedlund were, however, I don't believe Adam was losing the job no matter what. Just a PR stunt by the Colts to pretend like they were doing their due diligence.

that is is a stale unfounded and faulty argument 

Thanks for being a contestant 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

that is is a stale unfounded and faulty argument 

Thanks for being a contestant 

thanks for being a loyal viewer. 

40 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd like to know if the Colts have ever given Sanchez the punter a try?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egg said:

It's like a captain leading a platoon in war who can't shoot a beer bottle off a fence post from 10 feet away.

I'm surprised at how many people here don't know why AV is still on the team.

There is no one available now that would be an upgrade. All that is out there now is the very bottom of the barrel. 

Platoons are led by lieutenants.  That minor issue aside - spot on, sir.     :^)  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel bad for Alex. Cancer sucks! How about this vanna white shrug GIF by Wheel of Fortune, Vanna still looks nice.

Trivia Person here

Did you here Vanna had to be the host last week

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Trivia Person here

Did you here Vanna had to be the host last week

It is hard to believe she is 62. She doesn't look it. I haven't watched Jeopardy or Wheel for a while. I used to watch both quite often. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is hard to believe she is 62. She doesn't look it. I haven't watched Jeopardy or Wheel for a while. I used to watch both quite often. 

I watch Jeopardy daily 

• Like 1

I watch Jeopardy daily 

I remember watching it one time with a friend and his dad. The topic was Football greats, I started laughing. I got everyone right haha. That was years ago.

Their decision to to keep AV definitely guarantees a non-playoff berth.  Doesn't this organization care about winning anymore! SAD!!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Platoons are led by lieutenants.  That minor issue aside - spot on, sir.     :^)  

I kind of thought that. I remembered from "Band of Brothers" When  Lieutenant Winters was promoted to Captain he was taken off the line.....but AV is a "captain".... so I used the word.

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

When you are around your team and or business more than your real family it is like another family. It’s a cliche and it’s basically true. 

Now, I think Vinnie is done but I am backing Frank and Chris decision and I do think the team values  vinnie as a leader.  My beef is with you negative Nancy’s.   You are not realists like you think you are. You are pessimists who don’t own up to it.  It is VERY possible we go on a run and in fact Maybe even probable we do and end up in the playoffs.  I think it is a stretch to say we are going to lose out ..etc

Some fans who are upset with Vinny being on the team, only value his %, and undervalue the experience/leadership aspect of his presence on the team.

2 hours ago, egg said:

It makes sense to me.....some fans don't have the spine to witness one of their own fail. They don't give a crap how cutting him affects the team....better to watch a newcomer fail, easier to swallow.  

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you can reasonably debate me on this, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, this is terrible news.

There is no debating anyone who has no acceptance of what the team is saying. You are directly calling them liars, which you have done before. Certainly your prerogative, but at least your consistent. 

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I know you run on a lean mixture, so I’ll explain it. Slowly. 

Again. 

Irsay (and thereby everyone underneath him) isn’t going to just carelessly throw away something that he values personally as much as, if not more so than, professionally. 

Now, I’m sure you’re still in the fog, but I’m just trying to shine a light for you here. 

Spot * on. Although I do think they value him professionally as much.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Vinny is literally destroying this team. 

Goodness....have a cookie or something. This is a classic emotional overreaction.

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

I'm more concerned of TY being out out the lineup than AV being in the lineup. If the offense plays it right, we can mitigate the affect AV has on the game.

Again.....hear the truth! And ye shall be saved!! :applause:

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You don't need proven, you need a guy who is slightly better than Adam. 

And if the guy they go to turns out worse...they now have that....AND the affect of cutting one of the family. Not sure why you can't grasp this. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just a PR stunt by the Colts to pretend like they were doing their due diligence.

Just curious, how do you remain a fan of a team that you distrust this much? This is not meant to sound rude in any manner....I am genuinely surprised at how you follow an organization, that you have so much distrust of. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow! This sound like nuclear rocket science!  It is amazing kicks are EVER made in the NFL!!!!

• Like 1

Did the forums magically get an influx of new member simply to talk about how AV is ruining playoff chances? Ballard is gutless? 

That's just what we need. More insanity. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is great news! We’re back to 93% on extra points, and over 80% on FG’s, for the rest of the season.  

• Haha 1

Just make the damn kicks man. Especially the XP's. All this tempo, adjustments, and trying with the laces facing you talk. Just put the ball thru the uprights each time and then go off into the sunset for good 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Just make the damn kicks man. Especially the XP's. All this tempo, adjustments, and trying with the laces facing you talk. Just put the ball thru the uprights each time and then go off into the sunset for good 

Vinny will finish the year 100% on kickoffs and sign a new deal with the colts for 3 more years. 

• Sad 1