Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

So if I have a great family but Uncle Oliver is struggling, I should quit inviting him to family functions for the better of the family? Or we can have his back, believe in him and encourage him. This team claims to be the tightest locker room in the NFL.

I'd still invite Uncle Oliver to the family functions, but if he was only hitting on 70% of his extra points at the family Thanksgiving Day Turkey Bowl, I'd tell him to go slice the turkey and I'd bring in another Uncle to take over the kicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

That's not a ringing endorsement.

Yeah, I'm not happy with the kicking either.  I dont think Ballard or Reich are okay with it either.  They just can't come out and rip on him though. It's not professional or productive.  I think the writing is on the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Why do we need Adam? Is Reich indirectly saying we're tanking?

It appears one reason they need him is for his leadership. for whatever thats worth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

It appears one reason they need him is for his leadership. for whatever thats worth?

You lead by example, and he's probably the worst player on the team. He's also not mentoring any kickers either. Only thing I can think of is Ballard and Reich are using him to get a higher draft pick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

So if I have a great family but Uncle Oliver is struggling, I should quit inviting him to family functions for the better of the family? Or we can have his back, believe in him and encourage him. This team claims to be the tightest locker room in the NFL.

 

This is one of the most ridiculous comparisons to the situation, I have seen

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

So if I have a great family but Uncle Oliver is struggling, I should quit inviting him to family functions for the better of the family? Or we can have his back, believe in him and encourage him. This team claims to be the tightest locker room in the NFL.

 

46 minutes ago, Myles said:

Kind of stretching it there.

Maybe "Uncle Oliver" has been molesting his nieces.   Do you still invite him?

 

giphy.gif

 

Ok, analogy over.  Back to football!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 

This is one of the most ridiculous comparisons to the situation, I have seen

 

Lol right along the lines with the guy who is choking out his "old dog" in front of the kids. Idk if you saw that comment, but it was also a comparison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 

This is one of the most ridiculous comparisons to the situation, I have seen

So now you know how we feel about your takes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

Lol right along the lines with the guy who is choking out his "old dog" in front of the kids. Idk if you saw that comment, but it was also a comparison. 

I tell you what. You guys quit whining and complaining non stop and I’ll quit my dumb analogies.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

Lol right along the lines with the guy who is choking out his "old dog" in front of the kids. Idk if you saw that comment, but it was also a comparison. 

 

Nah I'm glad I missed that one. The uncle thing is silly enough lmao

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LockeDown said:

I tell you what. You guys quit whining and complaining non stop and I’ll quit my dumb analogies.

 

The beatings will continue until morale improves!  :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LockeDown said:

I tell you what. You guys quit whining and complaining non stop and I’ll quit my dumb analogies.

There won't be anything left to post on this fan forum.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LockeDown said:

I tell you what. You guys quit whining and complaining non stop and I’ll quit my dumb analogies.

 

I'm sorry you are butt hurt. I really am. But take a minute. Take two. And think of a good analogy. 

 

The NFL is a business. How many times have you heard players say that after getting cut? Nearly every year. And now you're seeing players holdout for more money, which is also a business decision. Players know what it is. Players dont care about the organization they played with before, when another team offers them more money. Yet, you dont seem to care about that. You just care that the Colts owe it to Vinny to keep him, when in business its do kr die. Every business its do or die. If you dont? That business is going to fail. Do you want to see your business fail? Stop comparing this to family. A lockerroom can be tightly nit. Just like the staff at a business can be and a lot of times is. But when your coworker is doing a bad job repeatedly, no one is surprised on that staff, when that coworker is let go. No one quits their job after that. 

 

Stop acting like this is a real family. They arent blood. They didnt grow up together. It is completely different than an actual family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Is Reich indirectly saying we're tanking?

 

27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only thing I can think of is Ballard and Reich are using him to get a higher draft pick.

 

People keep bringing up getting higher draft picks.

 

We Have A Winning Record Right Now.

 

This is not the time to be thinking about the draft, we're in the middle of the actual season.  The actual games are infinitely more important than what happens six months from now in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

 

People keep bringing up getting higher draft picks.

 

We Have A Winning Record Right Now.

 

This is not the time to be thinking about the draft, we're in the middle of the actual season.  The actual games are infinitely more important than what happens six months from now in the draft.

If we're geniunely trying to win still, we wouldn't keep Adam. It's been proven he isn't good enough. All keeping him will do, is ensure that we will lose every close game where we depend on him. I think Ballard and Reich have decided to tank, and Adam will be the guy that helps us draft a QB next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

I'm sorry you are butt hurt. I really am. But take a minute. Take two. And think of a good analogy. 

 

The NFL is a business. How many times have you heard players say that after getting cut? Nearly every year. And now you're seeing players holdout for more money, which is also a business decision. Players know what it is. Players dont care about the organization they played with before, when another team offers them more money. Yet, you dont seem to care about that. You just care that the Colts owe it to Vinny to keep him, when in business its do kr die. Every business its do or die. If you dont? That business is going to fail. Do you want to see your business fail? Stop comparing this to family. A lockerroom can be tightly nit. Just like the staff at a business can be and a lot of times is. But when your coworker is doing a bad job repeatedly, no one is surprised on that staff, when that coworker is let go. No one quits their job after that. 

 

Stop acting like this is a real family. They arent blood. They didnt grow up together. It is completely different than an actual family. 

When you are around your team and or business more than your real family it is like another family. It’s a cliche and it’s basically true. 

Now, I think Vinnie is done but I am backing Frank and Chris decision and I do think the team values  vinnie as a leader.  My beef is with you negative Nancy’s.   You are not realists like you think you are. You are pessimists who don’t own up to it.  It is VERY possible we go on a run and in fact Maybe even probable we do and end up in the playoffs.  I think it is a stretch to say we are going to lose out ..etc

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We can agree to disagree. I don't think a K has the impact you think, especially when that kicker is not performing.

 

We've been a young team since 17. We have plenty of veteran leadership at key positions. AC on the OL, Mack is no longer a newbie and a vet in terms of RB age. TY is vet. Ebron and Doyle are vets. Houston a leader on the front 7. Desir in the DBs. 

 

It's like a captain leading a platoon in war who can't shoot a beer bottle off a fence post from 10 feet away.

 

I'm surprised at how many people here don't know why AV is still on the team.

 

There is no one available now that would be an upgrade. All that is out there now is the very bottom of the barrel. 

 

Why replace a bad kicker with another bad kicker? It makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we're geniunely trying to win still, we wouldn't keep Adam. It's been proven he isn't good enough. All keeping him will do, is ensure that we will lose every close game where we depend on him. I think Ballard and Reich have decided to tank, and Adam will be the guy that helps us draft a QB next year. 

hold up stop GIF

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If we're geniunely trying to win still, we wouldn't keep Adam. It's been proven he isn't good enough. All keeping him will do, is ensure that we will lose every close game where we depend on him.

 

Not true.  Vinny helped us get wins this year.  You can credit him for 3 losses, but you have to give him credit for 5 wins.  So we will win more games than we lose when we depend on him.  If it continues, we're 10-6, and probably in the playoffs.

 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think Ballard and Reich have decided to tank, and Adam will be the guy that helps us draft a QB next year.

 

This is just your draft-centric way of thinking.  You need perspective.  The playoffs are possible, even probable.  This league is about Dec-Feb, not Mar-May.  :nono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

hold up stop GIF

If you can reasonably debate me on this, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, this is terrible news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

When you are around your team and or business more than your real family it is like another family. It’s a cliche and it’s basically true. 

Now, I think Vinnie is done but I am backing Frank and Chris decision and I do think the team values  vinnie as a leader.  My beef is with you negative Nancy’s.   You are not realists like you think you are. You are pessimists who don’t own up to it.  It is VERY possible we go on a run and in fact Maybe even probable we do and end up in the playoffs.  I think it is a stretch to say we are going to lose out ..etc

 

It is a stretch to say we will lose out. I have never said so. Just because I dont like "dumb analogies" doesn't make me a pessimist. If you have read any of my posts, you would see I am quite positive in my outlook on the Colts and where they're at overall as an organization. I get it, there are a lot of negative people in the world, and the fan world is no different.

 

I have worked at a lot of different organizations, with a lot of different staffs and I loved the first staff I ever worked with. Then went through a good 5 different jobs before finding another staff that I love equally as much. But that's between us staff members. It isnt because of the organization that we are close, and they dont care how close you are with everyone else, if you arent performing good enough. It's a business. 

 

I'm not saying there is a better kicker out there right now that's available. There probably isnt. But I'm not keeping Vinny simply for sentimentals sake. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you can reasonably debate me on this, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, this is terrible news.

Can but will not waste my time since

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Not true.  Vinny helped us get wins this year.  You can credit him for 3 losses, but you have to give him credit for 5 wins.  So we will win more games than we lose when we depend on him.  If it continues, we're 10-6, and probably in the playoffs.

 

 

This is just your draft-centric way of thinking.  You need perspective.  The playoffs are possible, even probable.  This league is about Dec-Feb, not Mar-May.  :nono:

If Adam is responsible for 5 wins, then every kicker is responsible for every win on every team according to your line of thinking. Adam is the worst kicker in the league by a wide margin. That is fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

Lol right along the lines with the guy who is choking out his "old dog" in front of the kids. Idk if you saw that comment, but it was also a comparison. 


I know you run on a lean mixture, so I’ll explain it. Slowly. 
 

Again. 
 

Irsay (and thereby everyone underneath him) isn’t going to just carelessly throw away something that he values personally as much as, if not more so than, professionally. 
 

Just like you’re not going to choke an old dog out in the living room in front of the family. You’re going to handle the business respectfully. 
 

Now, I’m sure you’re still in the fog, but I’m just trying to shine a light for you here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

 

People keep bringing up getting higher draft picks.

 

We Have A Winning Record Right Now.

 

This is not the time to be thinking about the draft, we're in the middle of the actual season.  The actual games are infinitely more important than what happens six months from now in the draft.

and draft picks often dont cut it in the nfl

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:


I know you run on a lean mixture, so I’ll explain it. Slowly. 
 

Again. 
 

Irsay (and thereby everyone underneath him) isn’t going to just carelessly throw away something that he values personally as much as, if not more so than, professionally. 
 

Just like you’re not going to choke an old dog out in the living room in front of the family. You’re going to handle the business respectfully. 
 

Now, I’m sure you’re still in the fog, but I’m just trying to shine a light for you here. 

 

There really is no need. You cant explain yourself into sounding smart. Good day to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Not true.  Vinny helped us get wins this year.  You can credit him for 3 losses, but you have to give him credit for 5 wins.  So we will win more games than we lose when we depend on him.  If it continues, we're 10-6, and probably in the playoffs.

 

 

This is just your draft-centric way of thinking.  You need perspective.  The playoffs are possible, even probable.  This league is about Dec-Feb, not Mar-May.  :nono:

Of course they are possible, but with Adam, he's cost us 3 close games. What kind of playoff strategy would involve keeping a liability like that? This is a tanking strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If Adam is responsible for 5 wins, then every kicker is responsible for every win on every team according to your line of thinking.

 

Well, I'm using your logic.  If people are going to blame kickers for losses because they missed kicks in close games (which everyone does), then yes, they also have to give credit to those same kickers when they make kicks in close wins.  Not every win, because blowouts by 3 TDs make kicking a non-factor, but in almost every win, the kicker is responsible for the winning points.

 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Adam is the worst kicker in the league by a wide margin. That is fact.

 

I agree.  But this year is probably the worst year for kicking in general.  Kickers are losing games for their teams left and right.

 

Here's what's important:  The Colts Still Have A Winning Record And Are In The Playoff Hunt.  Quit looking six months ahead you draftnik, focus on Dec-Feb.  :thmup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

There really is no need. You cant explain yourself into sounding smart. Good day to you.


fog GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Well, I'm using your logic.  If people are going to blame kickers for losses because they missed kicks in close games (which everyone does), then yes, they also have to give credit to those same kickers when they make kicks in close wins.  Not every win, because blowouts by 3 TDs make kicking a non-factor, but in almost every win, the kicker is responsible for the winning points.

 

 

I agree.  But this year is probably the worst year for kicking in general.  Kickers are losing games for their teams left and right.

 

Here's what's important:  The Colts Still Have A Winning Record And Are In The Playoff Hunt.  Quit looking six months ahead you draftnik, focus on Dec-Feb.  :thmup:

I admit you made me smile a bit with the bolded. Thanks. :thmup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you can reasonably debate me on this, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, this is terrible news.

 

To be fair...it is difficult to have a reasonable debate when what you are debating is unreasonable to start...and the idea of a 5-4 team deciding to tank is very unreasonable...especially with the amount of truly bad teams out there this season.  

 

I would be fine moving on from Vinny...but I understand why they haven't. The mistake was bringing him back and not really having a plan to replace him. I think they will get through the season and it will get sorted out then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

To be fair...it is difficult to have a reasonable debate when what you are debating is unreasonable to start...and the idea of a 5-4 team deciding to tank is very unreasonable...especially with the amount of truly bad teams out there this season.  

 

I would be fine moving on from Vinny...but I understand why they haven't. The mistake was bringing him back and not really having a plan to replace him. I think they will get through the season and it will get sorted out then.

Vinny is literally destroying this team. You can't tell me there's not a better kicker out there. I would be happy with Matt Bryant or Mike Nugent that can just hit close FG's and extra points at this rate. Veniteiri should be released by now. There's no way we can win close games consistently when he misses almost half his kicks. He's here for sentimental reasons and a better draft pick IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

with Adam, he's cost us 3 close games

 

And won us 5 (stop crediting him for losses but not wins), so if we make the playoffs and have to depend on him to win, we have better than a 50/50 shot at advancing to the next round.  Not ideal, but I'll take that.

 

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

The mistake was bringing him back and not really having a plan to replace him.

 

^This^  Hindsight is 20/20, but the smart move would probably have been not putting all your eggs in a 46-year-old basket...

 

But we hitched our wagon to this old mule, so let's crack the whip and ride off into the sunset!

 

H5lGql9.png?2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Vinny is literally destroying this team. You can't tell me there's not a better kicker out there. I would be happy with Matt Bryant or Mike Nugent that can just hit close FG's and extra points at this rate. Veniteiri should be released by now. There's no way we can win close games consistently when he misses half his kicks. He's here for sentimental reasons and a better draft pick IMO.

Both of those guys lost NFL jobs this season for poor performance

 

 

pass passing GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Both of those guys lost NFL jobs this season for poor performance

Agreed, but Adam is even worse. I'd like to at least be able to hit short FGs and extra points. Adam is capable of missing anything at anytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed, but Adam is even worse. I'd like to at least be able to hit short FGs and extra points. Adam is capable of missing anything at anytime.

That is your opinion 

     Here are some facts

    Nugent had a K % of 62.5 
    Bryant had a K % or 64.3 and was replaced by someone who was out of the league since 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • A ton of rookies are getting a ton of playing time in 2019 and most of them have impressed the heck out of me. Ya-Sin, Khari, Okereke, Banogu, have all shown me something. Parris Campbell had a rough season with all the injuries, but I'm confident whenever he manages to stay on the field, he will make plays and prove to be another solid pick by CB.
    • Since Vinny's knee is basically shot for the 2019 season this is a great chance for Chris Ballard to get a good look at McLaughling as possibly the Colts starting kicker beyond 2019. Either way, the Colts will move on from Vinatieri no matter what he decides to go beyond 2019. Place him on IR and see what you have from McLaughing. Worst case scenario you sign or draft another Kicker to be your guy.
    • I don’t care if this team had Tyreek Hill and Deandre Hopkins, Brissett would still stand in the pocket for five seconds and then dump it off to Doyle in the flat. The guy is not the answer, and a bunch of cherry picked stats about his ‘efficiency’ is not going to change that. 
    • He was signed off the street by the Niners. But he was a "non-vested" player, which means he doesn't have enough years of service to reach unrestricted free agency. So whatever team he's on would have his exclusive rights for 2020 and 2021, whether he was claimed on waivers or signed as a free agent. Then he can be a restricted free agent in 2022.   His contract technically expires at the end of the 2019 league year, but the Colts can tender him and effectively extend his rookie contract, one year at a time, until 2023. (And at that point, they could franchise tag him, assuming that provision still exists in the new CBA.)   As a UDFA, the CBA allows him to be signed to a veteran extension after two years of service; for drafted players, it's three years. Until then, his contract is based on the rookie wage scale, which was determined by the CBA.   A recent case study for this is Kenny Moore. He signed with the Patriots as a UDFA in 2017, then was waived at cut down, and the Colts claimed him. After 2018, he had two years of service, so he was eligible to sign a veteran extension, which is what he did in the 2019 offseason. If he had not agreed to an extension, the Colts could have tendered him as an ERFA for 2019, and then as an RFA for 2020.
    • RG3 would be available also
  • Members

    • cbear

      cbear 819

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 8,615

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 554

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ojsglove

      ojsglove 180

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,814

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • superrep1967

      superrep1967 982

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • esmort

      esmort 1,576

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 24,274

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsGermany

      ColtsGermany 177

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hammer

      Hammer 232

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...