Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward

chad72

25 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

So if I have a great family but Uncle Oliver is struggling, I should quit inviting him to family functions for the better of the family? Or we can have his back, believe in him and encourage him. This team claims to be the tightest locker room in the NFL.

I'd still invite Uncle Oliver to the family functions, but if he was only hitting on 70% of his extra points at the family Thanksgiving Day Turkey Bowl, I'd tell him to go slice the turkey and I'd bring in another Uncle to take over the kicking.

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

It appears one reason they need him is for his leadership. for whatever thats worth?

You lead by example, and he's probably the worst player on the team. He's also not mentoring any kickers either. Only thing I can think of is Ballard and Reich are using him to get a higher draft pick.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

So if I have a great family but Uncle Oliver is struggling, I should quit inviting him to family functions for the better of the family? Or we can have his back, believe in him and encourage him. This team claims to be the tightest locker room in the NFL.

This is one of the most ridiculous comparisons to the situation, I have seen

51 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

46 minutes ago, Myles said:

Kind of stretching it there.

Maybe "Uncle Oliver" has been molesting his nieces.   Do you still invite him?

giphy.gif

Ok, analogy over.  Back to football!

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Lol right along the lines with the guy who is choking out his "old dog" in front of the kids. Idk if you saw that comment, but it was also a comparison. 

I tell you what. You guys quit whining and complaining non stop and I’ll quit my dumb analogies.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LockeDown said:

I tell you what. You guys quit whining and complaining non stop and I’ll quit my dumb analogies.

I'm sorry you are butt hurt. I really am. But take a minute. Take two. And think of a good analogy. 

The NFL is a business. How many times have you heard players say that after getting cut? Nearly every year. And now you're seeing players holdout for more money, which is also a business decision. Players know what it is. Players dont care about the organization they played with before, when another team offers them more money. Yet, you dont seem to care about that. You just care that the Colts owe it to Vinny to keep him, when in business its do kr die. Every business its do or die. If you dont? That business is going to fail. Do you want to see your business fail? Stop comparing this to family. A lockerroom can be tightly nit. Just like the staff at a business can be and a lot of times is. But when your coworker is doing a bad job repeatedly, no one is surprised on that staff, when that coworker is let go. No one quits their job after that. 

Stop acting like this is a real family. They arent blood. They didnt grow up together. It is completely different than an actual family. 

39 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Is Reich indirectly saying we're tanking?

27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only thing I can think of is Ballard and Reich are using him to get a higher draft pick.

People keep bringing up getting higher draft picks.

We Have A Winning Record Right Now.

This is not the time to be thinking about the draft, we're in the middle of the actual season.  The actual games are infinitely more important than what happens six months from now in the draft.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is not the time to be thinking about the draft, we're in the middle of the actual season.  The actual games are infinitely more important than what happens six months from now in the draft.

If we're geniunely trying to win still, we wouldn't keep Adam. It's been proven he isn't good enough. All keeping him will do, is ensure that we will lose every close game where we depend on him. I think Ballard and Reich have decided to tank, and Adam will be the guy that helps us draft a QB next year. 

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I'm sorry you are butt hurt. I really am. But take a minute. Take two. And think of a good analogy. 

The NFL is a business. How many times have you heard players say that after getting cut? Nearly every year. And now you're seeing players holdout for more money, which is also a business decision. Players know what it is. Players dont care about the organization they played with before, when another team offers them more money. Yet, you dont seem to care about that. You just care that the Colts owe it to Vinny to keep him, when in business its do kr die. Every business its do or die. If you dont? That business is going to fail. Do you want to see your business fail? Stop comparing this to family. A lockerroom can be tightly nit. Just like the staff at a business can be and a lot of times is. But when your coworker is doing a bad job repeatedly, no one is surprised on that staff, when that coworker is let go. No one quits their job after that. 

Stop acting like this is a real family. They arent blood. They didnt grow up together. It is completely different than an actual family. 

When you are around your team and or business more than your real family it is like another family. It’s a cliche and it’s basically true. 

Now, I think Vinnie is done but I am backing Frank and Chris decision and I do think the team values  vinnie as a leader.  My beef is with you negative Nancy’s.   You are not realists like you think you are. You are pessimists who don’t own up to it.  It is VERY possible we go on a run and in fact Maybe even probable we do and end up in the playoffs.  I think it is a stretch to say we are going to lose out ..etc

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We can agree to disagree. I don't think a K has the impact you think, especially when that kicker is not performing.

We've been a young team since 17. We have plenty of veteran leadership at key positions. AC on the OL, Mack is no longer a newbie and a vet in terms of RB age. TY is vet. Ebron and Doyle are vets. Houston a leader on the front 7. Desir in the DBs. 

It's like a captain leading a platoon in war who can't shoot a beer bottle off a fence post from 10 feet away.

I'm surprised at how many people here don't know why AV is still on the team.

There is no one available now that would be an upgrade. All that is out there now is the very bottom of the barrel. 

Why replace a bad kicker with another bad kicker? It makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we're geniunely trying to win still, we wouldn't keep Adam. It's been proven he isn't good enough. All keeping him will do, is ensure that we will lose every close game where we depend on him. I think Ballard and Reich have decided to tank, and Adam will be the guy that helps us draft a QB next year. 

hold up stop GIF

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If we're geniunely trying to win still, we wouldn't keep Adam. It's been proven he isn't good enough. All keeping him will do, is ensure that we will lose every close game where we depend on him.

Not true.  Vinny helped us get wins this year.  You can credit him for 3 losses, but you have to give him credit for 5 wins.  So we will win more games than we lose when we depend on him.  If it continues, we're 10-6, and probably in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think Ballard and Reich have decided to tank, and Adam will be the guy that helps us draft a QB next year.

This is just your draft-centric way of thinking.  You need perspective.  The playoffs are possible, even probable.  This league is about Dec-Feb, not Mar-May.  :nono:

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

When you are around your team and or business more than your real family it is like another family. It’s a cliche and it’s basically true. 

Now, I think Vinnie is done but I am backing Frank and Chris decision and I do think the team values  vinnie as a leader.  My beef is with you negative Nancy’s.   You are not realists like you think you are. You are pessimists who don’t own up to it.  It is VERY possible we go on a run and in fact Maybe even probable we do and end up in the playoffs.  I think it is a stretch to say we are going to lose out ..etc

It is a stretch to say we will lose out. I have never said so. Just because I dont like "dumb analogies" doesn't make me a pessimist. If you have read any of my posts, you would see I am quite positive in my outlook on the Colts and where they're at overall as an organization. I get it, there are a lot of negative people in the world, and the fan world is no different.

I have worked at a lot of different organizations, with a lot of different staffs and I loved the first staff I ever worked with. Then went through a good 5 different jobs before finding another staff that I love equally as much. But that's between us staff members. It isnt because of the organization that we are close, and they dont care how close you are with everyone else, if you arent performing good enough. It's a business. 

I'm not saying there is a better kicker out there right now that's available. There probably isnt. But I'm not keeping Vinny simply for sentimentals sake. 

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Not true.  Vinny helped us get wins this year.  You can credit him for 3 losses, but you have to give him credit for 5 wins.  So we will win more games than we lose when we depend on him.  If it continues, we're 10-6, and probably in the playoffs.

This is just your draft-centric way of thinking.  You need perspective.  The playoffs are possible, even probable.  This league is about Dec-Feb, not Mar-May.  :nono:

If Adam is responsible for 5 wins, then every kicker is responsible for every win on every team according to your line of thinking. Adam is the worst kicker in the league by a wide margin. That is fact.

29 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Lol right along the lines with the guy who is choking out his "old dog" in front of the kids. Idk if you saw that comment, but it was also a comparison. 

I know you run on a lean mixture, so I’ll explain it. Slowly. 

Again. 

Irsay (and thereby everyone underneath him) isn’t going to just carelessly throw away something that he values personally as much as, if not more so than, professionally. 

Just like you’re not going to choke an old dog out in the living room in front of the family. You’re going to handle the business respectfully. 

Now, I’m sure you’re still in the fog, but I’m just trying to shine a light for you here. 

18 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

and draft picks often dont cut it in the nfl

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I know you run on a lean mixture, so I’ll explain it. Slowly. 

Again. 

Irsay (and thereby everyone underneath him) isn’t going to just carelessly throw away something that he values personally as much as, if not more so than, professionally. 

Just like you’re not going to choke an old dog out in the living room in front of the family. You’re going to handle the business respectfully. 

Now, I’m sure you’re still in the fog, but I’m just trying to shine a light for you here. 

There really is no need. You cant explain yourself into sounding smart. Good day to you.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Of course they are possible, but with Adam, he's cost us 3 close games. What kind of playoff strategy would involve keeping a liability like that? This is a tanking strategy.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If Adam is responsible for 5 wins, then every kicker is responsible for every win on every team according to your line of thinking.

Well, I'm using your logic.  If people are going to blame kickers for losses because they missed kicks in close games (which everyone does), then yes, they also have to give credit to those same kickers when they make kicks in close wins.  Not every win, because blowouts by 3 TDs make kicking a non-factor, but in almost every win, the kicker is responsible for the winning points.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Adam is the worst kicker in the league by a wide margin. That is fact.

I agree.  But this year is probably the worst year for kicking in general.  Kickers are losing games for their teams left and right.

Here's what's important:  The Colts Still Have A Winning Record And Are In The Playoff Hunt.  Quit looking six months ahead you draftnik, focus on Dec-Feb.  :thmup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Well, I'm using your logic.  If people are going to blame kickers for losses because they missed kicks in close games (which everyone does), then yes, they also have to give credit to those same kickers when they make kicks in close wins.  Not every win, because blowouts by 3 TDs make kicking a non-factor, but in almost every win, the kicker is responsible for the winning points.

I agree.  But this year is probably the worst year for kicking in general.  Kickers are losing games for their teams left and right.

Here's what's important:  The Colts Still Have A Winning Record And Are In The Playoff Hunt.  Quit looking six months ahead you draftnik, focus on Dec-Feb.  :thmup:

I admit you made me smile a bit with the bolded. Thanks. :thmup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you can reasonably debate me on this, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, this is terrible news.

To be fair...it is difficult to have a reasonable debate when what you are debating is unreasonable to start...and the idea of a 5-4 team deciding to tank is very unreasonable...especially with the amount of truly bad teams out there this season.  

I would be fine moving on from Vinny...but I understand why they haven't. The mistake was bringing him back and not really having a plan to replace him. I think they will get through the season and it will get sorted out then.

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

To be fair...it is difficult to have a reasonable debate when what you are debating is unreasonable to start...and the idea of a 5-4 team deciding to tank is very unreasonable...especially with the amount of truly bad teams out there this season.  

I would be fine moving on from Vinny...but I understand why they haven't. The mistake was bringing him back and not really having a plan to replace him. I think they will get through the season and it will get sorted out then.

Vinny is literally destroying this team. You can't tell me there's not a better kicker out there. I would be happy with Matt Bryant or Mike Nugent that can just hit close FG's and extra points at this rate. Veniteiri should be released by now. There's no way we can win close games consistently when he misses almost half his kicks. He's here for sentimental reasons and a better draft pick IMO.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

with Adam, he's cost us 3 close games

And won us 5 (stop crediting him for losses but not wins), so if we make the playoffs and have to depend on him to win, we have better than a 50/50 shot at advancing to the next round.  Not ideal, but I'll take that.

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

The mistake was bringing him back and not really having a plan to replace him.

^This^  Hindsight is 20/20, but the smart move would probably have been not putting all your eggs in a 46-year-old basket...

But we hitched our wagon to this old mule, so let's crack the whip and ride off into the sunset!

H5lGql9.png?2

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Vinny is literally destroying this team. You can't tell me there's not a better kicker out there. I would be happy with Matt Bryant or Mike Nugent that can just hit close FG's and extra points at this rate. Veniteiri should be released by now. There's no way we can win close games consistently when he misses half his kicks. He's here for sentimental reasons and a better draft pick IMO.

Both of those guys lost NFL jobs this season for poor performance

pass passing GIF

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed, but Adam is even worse. I'd like to at least be able to hit short FGs and extra points. Adam is capable of missing anything at anytime.

That is your opinion 

Here are some facts

Nugent had a K % of 62.5 
    Bryant had a K % or 64.3 and was replaced by someone who was out of the league since 2017