Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward

3 minutes ago, fahlman said:

A "true blue fan" roots for the team and not the player. This team is losing games due to a single player.

The last I checked AV didn’t gift the Steelers 13 pts or throw all those INT against the dolphins. Dolphins didn’t even have to do anything to be in FG range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The real question should be, when was Cain relevant?

I had high hopes for him but somehow he regressed from his red shirt year 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The last I checked AV didn’t gift the Steelers 13 pts or throw all those INT against the dolphins. Dolphins didn’t even have to do anything to be in FG range.

That was a team loss

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

100% with ya!

Disagree, it’s not all AV’s fault. 

I agree 

The only time that I ever questioned my loyalty to the Colts was after the team cut my guy Ken Dilger

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Total nonsense. How many more games is he going to cost us? No accountability.

200.gif

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

200.gif

It's not a horrible question.   Maybe the spirit of the post was though.

It is fair to wonder how many games AV may cost the team.  Especially a team that plays close games.   

No question he lost us the Charger game.

In Pitt, he had a chance to win it.   He failed.  But he didn't cost the team the game alone.  

I hope he gets his head on straight and has a decent second half of the season.   

Jacoby did indeed practice in full today. So as long as there is no setback he will play. Something to watch is Doyle DNP with a shoulder. Maybe he hurt it spiking the ball to hard lol. My guess is it’s just minor since he finished the game. Leonard was limited with a abdomen issue.

Frank really is sticking hard by the company line.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

It is fair to wonder how many games AV may cost the team.  Especially a team that plays close games.   

No question he lost us the Charger game.

In Pitt, he had a chance to win it.   He failed.  But he didn't cost the team the game alone.  

I hope he gets his head on straight and has a decent second half of the season.   

This is not directed at anyone, but did the thought even occur to anyone that with all the adversity the Colts have had from losing Luck, Brissett, injuries to WR’s, CB, FS and Leonard the Colts at 5-4 should be commended? 

They’ve already exceeded my expectations for the season and I’m by no means a Homer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, fahlman said:

A "true blue fan" roots for the team and not the player. This team is losing games due to a single player.

I did not know there were rules on what defines a colts fan, been a colts fan since 1953 in baltimore and indy and just finding out there are rules that define who is a fan

16 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

I did not know there were rules on what defines a colts fan, been a colts fan since 1953 in baltimore and indy and just finding out there are rules that define who is a fan

There aren’t rules that define a Colts Fan. 

It’s hard to believe some of the posters on this forum are really Colts fans,  when it is blatantly obvious their M.O. is to bash the Colts when the chips are down.  It is their “get off”, so to speak. Maybe, they were bullied as a child. :dunno:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

I don’t just think there are people like you and others who have been through so much

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett is probably starting all next year too.

They have to keep propagating the myth that Ballard is a genius GM for making the Brissett trade with New England.  And Reich has said that Brissett is a top 20 QB so many times that he is starting to believe it himself.

These guys have now "settled in" and have a vested interest in protecting their previous decisions. They will propagate the status quo, adding incremental improvements and protecting their jobs to the detriment of the Colts team. We can expect no real change from these guys...change will have to come from Big Jim.

I hope you are joking.

If not, you may want to consider medication.

Get yourself some of those "left-handed" cigarettes.

I think they're legal up there in the Great White North, eh?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Understandable.

The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

And Apparently there are various "grades" of crap sandwiches.

oh, and why are all these guys always busting your butt?  Did u break their hearts?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett is probably starting all next year too.

They have to keep propagating the myth that Ballard is a genius GM for making the Brissett trade with New England.  And Reich has said that Brissett is a top 20 QB so many times that he is starting to believe it himself.

These guys have now "settled in" and have a vested interest in protecting their previous decisions. They will propagate the status quo, adding incremental improvements and protecting their jobs to the detriment of the Colts team. We can expect no real change from these guys...change will have to come from Big Jim.

bwahahahahahahahahaha

yea!!! rabblerabblerabbletookourjobsrabblerabblebacktothepilerable!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

By simple definition of their being only 32 teams there are literally several kickers available that are having a better statistical year than he is.

But who's healthy?  That's why more than 32 kickers are playing.

But your point is well-taken.  There aren't m(any) healthy kickers doing WORSE than Vinny.  This is just a snakebit season for the Colts.  :(

Crazy that we're in the playoff hunt.  :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

That seems to be an ever-increasing issue on this forum.

It's not that people are wrong in their opinion, it's just how they choose to communicate their opinion.

Unnecessary insults, jabs at the team, venting in the form of lashing out...  it gets tiring for us regulars.  :scorebad:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That seems to be an ever-increasing issue on this forum.

It's not that people are wrong in their opinion, it's just how they choose to communicate their opinion.

Unnecessary insults, jabs at the team, venting in the form of lashing out...  it gets tiring for us regulars.  :scorebad:

THIS... its the only reason ive reappeared in these threads... anyone can check my stats if u want to... ive been here a MIN... and ive barely EVER posted (in relation to how long ive been a member here, let alone an observer from the shadows without a log in) .... Posted a lot recently (a lot in my opinion), because i feel the need to meet ignorance with ignorance lol

Trolls bring out the troll in me, and I cant help but to join the pile lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Reich saying Vinny is going through a phase is kind of laughable. What they don’t realize is how much this effects season ticket sales ect. They look really stupid in the way they are defending him.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Frank really is sticking hard by the company line.

A phase ? He has been bad for awhile.  Lol. It's going to get real interesting his next bad miss , because it's coming soon  . If they don't win this week it doesn't matter anyway. Too late.  

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich saying Vinny is going through a phase is kind of laughable. What they don’t realize is how much this effects season ticket sales ect. They look really stupid in the way they are defending him.

It’s okay, because the Colts lost half the fan base when Manning was cut. Good riddance to them, not Manning of course.

• Like 2

Let’s go. Hopefully that red jersey will be gone by Friday’s practice.

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah, this kinda stuff goes right over their heads. 

Is it great there's no such thing as the vocal majority? 

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would they care about a group of fans that they probably don’t know

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Why would they care about a group of fans that they probably don’t know

Huh. Those fans buy tickets.

1 hour ago, CoachSmok3 said:

THIS... its the only reason ive reappeared in these threads... anyone can check my stats if u want to... ive been here a MIN... and ive barely EVER posted (in relation to how long ive been a member here, let alone an observer from the shadows without a log in) .... Posted a lot recently (a lot in my opinion), because i feel the need to meet ignorance with ignorance lol

Trolls bring out the troll in me, and I cant help but to join the pile lol

Yeah Smoke you been here for a minute.  Us regulars know that

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Season ticket sales happen before the season starts.    Why do you think Andrew waited until 2 weeks before the season to retire.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can tell you from experience coaches tune out the stands on game day 
  Good coaches at any level do not concern themselves with fans

The loss of ticket sales might hurt Irsay but not FR and CB

Since the Colts have a Season Ticket waiting list Those tickets will be sold

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Season ticket sales happen before the season starts.    Why do you think Andrew waited until 2 weeks before the season to retire.   

I think you missed point. You dont think how bad this team has handled this effects season tickets next year Or even regular game tickets this year?

• Haha 2

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think you missed point. You dont think how bad this team has handled this effects season tickets next year Or even regular game tickets this year?

No.  Fans are going to come to games.   If the franchise retiring didn't effect sales,   the fact our kicker is struggling won't.    Have you ever been to a game?   Adam didn't get booed for his misses

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

why would the coaches worry about that

Coaches coach no matter if is it in front of 50,000 or 50

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

why would the coaches worry about that

Coaches coach no matter if is it in front of 50,000 or 50

I was talking about the entire organization. Reich might not worry about but you can bet he is losing credibility talking about Adam going through a phase.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was talking about the entire organization. Reich might not worry about but you can bet he is losing credibility talking about Adam going through a phase.

With who fans do not pay his salary 

What he said is coach speak or

I see posts by people in here about Colts fans or how a Colts fan should be. Only problem I have ever had in here and it is only with a handful of fans is they seem to only post a lot when we lose and disappear when we win. Strange to me, I have noticed that with a few. They almost seem to get some kind of enjoyment out of us losing and bashing the team. Also too much negativity sucks, being critical of the team after a loss is fine though IMO. If you are going to do that then praise the team when we win. As far as who starts at QB, I have said all along as long as we are winning I really do not care who starts. Brissett gives us the best chance of winning this year so why not pull for the guy to succeed instead of bashing him?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well Malik Hooker’s quote yesterday kind of shows that they do believe it. I bet they have talked to a lot of the captains to gauge how the locker room feels.

So....Just how many captains do you think are on the team?  

Hint: it's not a lot.

3 hours ago, MPStack said:

This is not directed at anyone, but did the thought even occur to anyone that with all the adversity the Colts have had from losing Luck, Brissett, injuries to WR’s, CB, FS and Leonard the Colts at 5-4 should be commended? 

They’ve already exceeded my expectations for the season and I’m by no means a Homer. 

Amen. I can't believe how whiny and unappreciative our fanbase is, to be brutally honest. 

Without our kicking problems and an unfortunate injury to our starting QB, we could very well be 8-1. And all we hear is complaining. 

Go watch the Cleveland Browns people. They got "talent".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoatBeard said:

Amen. I can't believe how whiny and unappreciative our fanbase is, to be brutally honest. 

Without our kicking problems and an unfortunate injury to our starting QB, we could very well be 8-1. And all we hear is complaining. 

Go watch the Cleveland Browns people. They got "talent".

Despite Vinny struggling, had Brissett not got injured I think we would've been 7-2. I don't think Brissett loses to Miami anyway, so 6-3 at worse.

• Thanks 1