Indianapolis Colts
CR91

Some good news in all the gray

The gloom and doom is reasonable based on how this team is playing, but you are right. If we win the next two and the Texans lose against the Ravens, the division is practically ours. Next two weeks will decide the season.

• Like 4

Had Funchess been practing? I thought he had to practice for two weeks before being able to come back?

• Like 1

This team is capable of playing better WITH THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE on the roster.

Fans (and media) overreact after a loss and either want players gone or look to FA for a solution. It might make sense if the Colts were repeatedly getting beat badly but they’re not. 
      We’ve seen great play at times from everyone on the roster. What we need to see is consistency and focus. The road to the Division title is wide open. We will know more, after these next three games. Stay tuned!

• Like 3

I know Brissett is back, but TY is coming back yet already? 

I thought Reich said Funchess has awhile to go as well? 

5 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

The expectation is that Funchess plays this week.

Reich said on Monday that Hilton is day-to-day

• Like 1

F

7 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Funchess is expected to practice this week. Reich said he can technically play but has some boxes to check. I assume that means a full practice. TY is basically week to week. I don’t expect him back until they Texan game but it’s a possibility he plays Sunday. Campbell is hoping to play the titans game.

Personally I don’t think either plays Sunday. I just hope it’s not to late when they get back. 

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

Let's get off the cliff please. We can potentially have Brissett Hilton and Funchess back as early as this week and if the Ravens beat the Texans then we can get back on top of the division when we play the Texans next week, but first let's take it easy, handle the jaguars, and get back to what made this team formidable. And for the love of God, get a grip with all the gloom and Doom 

The COLTS lost to Miami, there is a reason for the doom & Gloom....  Jacksonville is a much better team than Miami, and if the COLTS play the same way, they will will get the same results.  I doubt Hilton and Funchess will be back, we have Brissett but they have Foles.  Don't drink too much Blue Kool-aid...:nono:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

The COLTS lost to Miami, there is a reason for the doom & Gloom....  Jacksonville is a much better team than Miami, and if the COLTS play the same way, they will will get the same results.  I doubt Hilton and Funchess will be back, we have Brissett but they have Foles.  Don't drink too much Blue Kool-aid...:nono:

And we handed the Steelers the game. So okay, no doom and gloom, the division is still very much open for us. But extremely disappointed since after that Texans game we had a real shot at being 8-2. Now after the easiest part of the schedule we could be .500. That really sucks.

But hey we're still all breathing air, so that's something we all can be thankful for

• Like 2

I think I a good bit of gloom is HIGHLY warranted. Back to back losses aren’t fun for anyone. Imagine how the players feel. The issue stems from the copious amounts of DOOM threads that pop up afterwards. Some have intrigue and others are straight up trolling. Makes it hard to enjoy the forums. I digress, we are still in the thick of things. GO COLTS!

Yeah but let's get back to business here.  The Miami loss happened and we need to treat it the same way we did with the Jaguars loss last year.  Turn around and rattle off a series of wins.

• Thanks 1

Getting Funch and Brissett back would be a big help.  I know people aren’t high on Funch but just remember he has to be better than Rogers to be an upgrade at this point.  

Other bright sides include the line seemed to come out of their funk in the second half last week and Leonard had one of the best games of his career plus Houston is quietly having a really good season.  Honestly if the defense can get Desir back they might be in pretty good shape.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

Let's get off the cliff please. We can potentially have Brissett Hilton and Funchess back as early as this week and if the Ravens beat the Texans then we can get back on top of the division when we play the Texans next week, but first let's take it easy, handle the jaguars, and get back to what made this team formidable. And for the love of God, get a grip with all the gloom and Doom 

unbelievable no way GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Funchess is expected to practice this week. Reich said he can technically play but has some boxes to check. I assume that means a full practice. TY is basically week to week. I don’t expect him back until they Texan game but it’s a possibility he plays Sunday. Campbell is hoping to play the titans game.

Personally I don’t think either plays Sunday. I just hope it’s not to late when they get back. 

I wish they would just throw a red jersey on Funchess and let him practice as much as possible (assuming he's not hurting) 

Colts need all the help at WR they can get. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Getting Funch and Brissett back would be a big help.  I know people aren’t high on Funch but just remember he has to be better than Rogers to be an upgrade at this point.  

Other bright sides include the line seemed to come out of their funk in the second half last week and Leonard had one of the best games of his career plus Houston is quietly having a really good season.  Honestly if the defense can get Desir back they might be in pretty good shape.

I kind of feel like Funches is a wild card. No one really knows what he can do and I'm excited to find out with the lack if WR play lately. Who knows maybe he does amazing. 

• Thanks 2

I think the offense will start to be more fluid whenever we can get Hilton, Funchess, and Paris Campbell out there at the same time.  You can say what you want about Campbell so far in this injury riddled rookie year but he does eat up yards in a hurry and extend drives.  I noticed the amount of drives that got extended when we got him the ball on 2nd and 3rd downs against the Steelers and other instances against other teams..  We need to continue to uptick his targets.  I also think we can get some work out of Marcus Johnson with Jacoby out there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bestQBever said:

The gloom and doom is reasonable based on how this team is playing, but you are right. If we win the next two and the Texans lose against the Ravens, the division is practically ours. Next two weeks will decide the season.

True. Winning cures a lot and in the NFL, most games are won or lost based on a few plays here and there. We have been on the other side of things the last couple of games. The hope is we make those few plays to win the divisional games coming up. 

"Get a grip of all of the doom and gloom". I don't know how you make an honest assessment of where this team is and not think "oh god, I hope we don't turn into a Titans-esq squad". It's great that they can sort of run and sort of stop the run, but that's not winning anything meaningful now or in the future.  Going from Super Bowl potential, to waiting out a 7-9 to 9-7 type season- at least for people who'd like to see the Colts win another Super Bowl, isn't awesome. 

• Thanks 1