Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Works Out For Broncos [Merge]

chad72

Do you think any media will be allowed there? Just curious.

I don't know.

1) The Broncos would prefer the media wasn't there.

2) PM would want the media there to drive up his value, if he thinks he can perform adequately.

3) PM would not want the media there, if he thinks he cannot perform adequately.

In any case, the Broncos have no control in this matter. If PM is working out at Duke, he controls who comes to watch.

I don't know.

1) The Broncos would prefer the media wasn't there.

2) PM would want the media there to drive up his value, if he thinks he can perform adequately.

3) PM would not want the media there, if he thinks he cannot perform adequately.

In any case, the Broncos have no control in this matter. If PM is working out at Duke, he controls who comes to watch.

The media being there or not has nothing to do with Manning trying to increase market value. Your now a Peyton Manning expert too apparently.

The media being there or not has nothing to do with Manning trying to increase market value. Your now a Peyton Manning expert too apparently.

I do not claim to be a Peyton Manning expert.

I am just sharing what I would do from a common sense perspective.

If I were PM, and had confidence that I can throw more than adequately at the NFL level, I would invite the media to my workout with the Broncos. This way, the media can report on the success of my rehab, and put pressure on both the Broncos and the Titans to up the value of the contract that they will offer me. It is common sense.

I wondered last week when his pro day would be ... looks like its today for round 1. I knew these teams werent going to offer any deal without a workout.

He is doing it the right way, IMO. Why work out for all teams if you are interested only in a few organizations? Find out which ones have the best set up you are comfortable with, then work out only for the ones you want to go to, thus not wasting your time or their time.

Broncos, Titans to work out Peyton Manning; 'Fins out of race

Manning will work out Friday at nearby Duke University for a Broncos contingent led by John Elway, the team's executive vice president of football operations, and coach John Fox. They will be joined by general manager Brian Xanders, offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, quarterbacks coach Adam Gase and medical personnel.

After their plane touched down at 1:07 p.m. ET, the Broncos' brass left the airport in a white van for the Duke campus in Durham.

Along with Denver, the

Tennessee Titans expect to work out Manning, but no date has been set for that session, NFL Network's Micheal Lombardi reported Friday.

Before forking over that type of money, the Broncos likely want to see Manning throw the ball "60 to 70" times, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, and "want to see if he still has the same arm strength that he did in the first 20 throws."

Added Mayock:

"If I'm the Denver Broncos and I'm going to put a significant financial investment into Peyton Manning,

what I want to see is pretty much what I usually see at the college workouts for the top-level college players ... if I get Peyton Manning, and it's a healthy Peyton Manning,

I'm thinking Super Bowl.

Peyton is not doing it for market value, statistically speaking frog. Do you get it

Don't be naive BMoreColt, of course Peyton is doing this for market value. He already worked out for the 49ers, and agreed to work out for the Broncos and Titans.

If it was not for upping the market value, he would not agree to work out for any team, and instead, demanded that their offers be submitted first for his consideration. And upon choosing one, he will work out for the final one to satisfy them that he can throw up to their expectations.

However, he is doing it this way, to keep all the irons in the fire, to get hotter.

"We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in N.C.," Elway

tweeted after the session

. "He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there.

Watching him throw today

was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827a4803/article/peyton-manning-works-out-for-broncos-titans-up-next?module=HP11_cp

Denver Post Reports Broncos Offer Peyton 5 Yr. $60 Mil. Contract With $30 Mil. Guaranteed

How does that compare to the odd off from the Tennessee Titans for a “work for life” position? Hard to tell at this point. But it is serious that the entire Denver Broncos organization is committed to making this work. They received the first visit. They’ve been included from the start. They’ve ignored fan overtures wondering why they would replace Tim Tebow. They’ve also taken the family van, er, plane to Duke to watch him throw. They are serious.

That level of commitment might be enough to snag Manning. No timetable has been given, but it’s clear that something should happen soon when official terms start being thrown around. Will the Titans match or beat it? Will the Broncos win?

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/3/16/2878068...

& what about the 49'rs they worked him out Tues, Now doing another quality work out a few days later indicates he is in pretty good heath.

I have no doubt Peyton's arm is at full strength or almost there but the one question I have about his health is will he be able to take hits without re aggravating the whole thing and possibly need another operation performed.

I have no doubt Peyton's arm is at full strength or almost there but the one question I have about his health is will he be able to take hits without re aggravating the whole thing and possibly need another operation performed.

I believe this procedure has like a 2% re injury rate. Maybe less. Once hes healthy, hes healthy.