Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HE'S BACK!!! WR Cain re-signed.


csmopar

Recommended Posts

https://www.colts.com/news/deon-cain-kyle-peko-jackson-bartonpractice-squad-roster-move?fbclid=IwAR1p7swmZXwfdXTctHC7dzV26cNr28vzKyV27iYjoj5Q-chc-H0U03cM8oQ

The Indianapolis Colts today signed wide receiver Deon Cain and defensive tackle Kyle Peko to the practice squad. Additionally, tackle Jackson Barton has been signed to the Kansas City active roster from the Colts practice squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

https://www.colts.com/news/deon-cain-kyle-peko-jackson-bartonpractice-squad-roster-move?fbclid=IwAR1p7swmZXwfdXTctHC7dzV26cNr28vzKyV27iYjoj5Q-chc-H0U03cM8oQ

The Indianapolis Colts today signed wide receiver Deon Cain and defensive tackle Kyle Peko to the practice squad. Additionally, tackle Jackson Barton has been signed to the Kansas City active roster from the Colts practice squad.

He stinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

just another endless project player. 

 

1 minute ago, MCurtis32 said:

next training camp, let bring in an entire soccer club from romania and see if we can extend the coveted free agent makes the 53 award. Geez.:wall:

How dare the Colts try to develop a project player from the 6th round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember Linkinback, huge man. could not block the sunlight. they kept bringing him back year after year. Colts need some talent scouts in the worse way. I could go down to the shipping docs in Baltimore and field an offensive in about 10 minutes.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

Remember Linkinback, huge man. could not block the sunlight. they kept bringing him back year after year. Colts need some talent scouts in the worse way. I could go down to the shipping docs in Baltimore and field an offensive in about 10 minutes.

 

 

 

prove it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Deon has another chance. And if he is smart he should get together with Chad Kelly and go to work. And prepare for Training Camp next year. Because it’s definitely starting to look like a try out camp in 2020. Hopefully Cain and Kelly can somehow get on the same page this year—next year there maybe a battle in TC

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, csmopar said:

https://www.colts.com/news/deon-cain-kyle-peko-jackson-bartonpractice-squad-roster-move?fbclid=IwAR1p7swmZXwfdXTctHC7dzV26cNr28vzKyV27iYjoj5Q-chc-H0U03cM8oQ

The Indianapolis Colts today signed wide receiver Deon Cain and defensive tackle Kyle Peko to the practice squad. Additionally, tackle Jackson Barton has been signed to the Kansas City active roster from the Colts practice squad.

Just ridiculous to cut and resign the same players over and over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I was going to put Bethea but he ended up being pretty much a day 1 starter.  Side note, I had the Colts drafting Bethea in the forum draft contest... pretty much guaranteed my victory that year. :)

Well he was a 6th round pick lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Four2itus said:

 

How dare the Colts try to develop a project player from the 6th round. 

While the way he expressed his frustration was off I understand the point he’s trying to make. I’d argue that his feelings should be more directed to the fans and media than the organization though.

 

The past few years there have been several project players who have gotten too much hype from the fans and also too much time from the organization. I don’t think Cain is one of them though. They did the right thing by putting him on the PS. I’ve seen worse. I think this is an area where Ballard is better than Grigson. I mean Fountain was his 2018 5th rounder and he put him on the PS. He also cut that huge tackle from USC he drafted in the 4th relatively quick.

 

What was the name of that huge DT who I think came from the AFL that people had a man crush on? He was on the 53 way too long IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

While the way he expressed his frustration was off I understand the point he’s trying to make. I’d argue that his feelings should be more directed to the fans and media than the organization though.

 

The past few years there have been several project players who have gotten too much hype from the fans and also too much time from the organization. I don’t think Cain is one of them though. They did the right thing by putting him on the PS. I’ve seen worse. I think this is an area where Ballard is better than Grigson. I mean Fountain was his 2018 5th rounder and he put him on the PS. He also cut that huge tackle from USC he drafted in the 4th relatively quick.

 

What was the name of that huge DT who I think came from the AFL that people had a man crush on? He was on the 53 way too long IMO.

I agree that fans go overboard on the hype, especially with lower drafted players. And it is easy to point out the players that the team seemingly spends too much time on...but how much is too much? If I remember correctly, same fans were saying the same thing about Jerry Hughes. He was considered a bust, and we needed to move on and not waste time. As it turns out, we could have really used him all these years since he was signed by Buffalo. 

 

But to the OP, Cain is where he should be and will likely get next year to make or break. Honestly? I have no idea whether or not he makes the leap. Lord knows we could use him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...