Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Crow

Oakland Raiders/ Las Vegas Raiders

Reading some stories about this relocation , it’s interesting to see if Oakland fans follow their city , and disavow the Raiders , or follow the franchise logo, as they move to Vegas. In reading forums, there seems to be fans on both sides of this. 
I fall into the city category myself. That being said, the city of Oakland has had a second chance to keep their football team , after coming back from LA. This was something Cleveland and Baltimore never got, but St. Louis actually did. The lesson is that you had better build a stadium quick for these owners, or the inevitable eventually happens. 
I was eventually able to transition to the Ravens after we were forced to steal a team, after Taglibue and Jack Kent Cooke conspired against us in the expansion derby, but twelve long NFL years were lost in the wilderness. 
The city of Oakland has zero chance of ever getting an NFL team back. It will be interesting to see if they follow the Raider logo to Vegas, or become a 49er fan, or a fan of some other team. This is another historic franchise with a national following. The NFL may be pushing London as the next relocation. 

I don't understand why Oakland wouldn't build a stadium.     They have a super loyal fanbase.     They will regret it

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't understand why Oakland wouldn't build a stadium.     They have a super loyal fanbase.     They will regret it

I agree. They had many chances. First, they came back from LA. Then, Davis really tried to get a deal done in Oakland the last seven years , and the dumb politicians wouldn’t do it. 
We had bad politicians in Baltimore, and still obviously do, but they never got a redo. Neither did Cleveland. The politicians in Oakland had many years to get it right. They never did. As usual , fans will suffer. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I thought we’d go 8-8 or 9-7 with JB, the rooks, turmoil of losing a franchise QB. we’re not that far off, even with all the injuries.  Which were many.   I was hoping we’d squeak in the playoffs.   I also thought Frank wanted an offense that put pressure on the D.  I really didnt see the creativity i did last year.  Not gimmicks, But creativity in formations and playcalling.  Perhaps it was due to our losses at WR and TE.  I also was confused by our bi-polar personality when it comes to risk and being aggressive.   I dont think the sky is falling (long-term), but some changes, and perhaps tweaks, are necessary.
    • I did that already either you understand it or you don't 
    • We currently have pick 15--if Tua is still available, would you take a punt and pick him, with the thought he would miss his rookie season?
    • Well, I have not thought the team was bad since Ballard got a year under his belt and hired his own coach. They have had struggles...as any rebuilding does, but the Colts also lost their schemed for QB. Every team gets injuries, but the positions that the Colts have lost to injury are particularly important to the development of a new QB.   Let's just think about what if......   What if the Colts take a high draft pick at QB next year....and the guy faces what JB had to face in the two years he has been a starter. Few would get through and remain as a starter, unaffected career wise by the losses, the scrutiny, and the pressure. Verrrrrry few. Thank the stars that the Colts have a QB that is as tough as Jacoby Brissett is. He is double tough. I would take his toughness against ANY QB coming out in the draft. He may not be that guy, but he is the right guy right now.....and for the forseeable future, until that guy becomes a possibility. Just because there is  a few QB's slotted to go high in the draft, doesn't mean it is the right year to snag one.    In the meantime, keep adding pieces, and manage the cap. When the Colts name is called in the draft, I want them to take the player that they see is a franchise player....regardless of the position. If that is a QB, so be it. But let's not become a struggling franchise that passes on a golden player to grasp for a QB.
    • Depending on a series of decisions we make this off-season I wouldn’t rule out drafting a RB in the 4 rounds.  (I’m assuming by 5 picks you meant 4 rounds?  With 2 picks in R2, that’s the way the math breaks down.)    Just thinking out loud.   I think it’s way too early to rule most things in or out.     
  • Members