Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland Raiders/ Las Vegas Raiders

The Old Crow

Reading some stories about this relocation , it’s interesting to see if Oakland fans follow their city , and disavow the Raiders , or follow the franchise logo, as they move to Vegas. In reading forums, there seems to be fans on both sides of this. 
I fall into the city category myself. That being said, the city of Oakland has had a second chance to keep their football team , after coming back from LA. This was something Cleveland and Baltimore never got, but St. Louis actually did. The lesson is that you had better build a stadium quick for these owners, or the inevitable eventually happens. 
I was eventually able to transition to the Ravens after we were forced to steal a team, after Taglibue and Jack Kent Cooke conspired against us in the expansion derby, but twelve long NFL years were lost in the wilderness. 
The city of Oakland has zero chance of ever getting an NFL team back. It will be interesting to see if they follow the Raider logo to Vegas, or become a 49er fan, or a fan of some other team. This is another historic franchise with a national following. The NFL may be pushing London as the next relocation. 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't understand why Oakland wouldn't build a stadium.     They have a super loyal fanbase.     They will regret it

I agree. They had many chances. First, they came back from LA. Then, Davis really tried to get a deal done in Oakland the last seven years , and the dumb politicians wouldn’t do it. 
We had bad politicians in Baltimore, and still obviously do, but they never got a redo. Neither did Cleveland. The politicians in Oakland had many years to get it right. They never did. As usual , fans will suffer.