Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Valpo2004

Have the Colts ever won without TY Hilton

Since he was drafted I mean.  He hasn't missed a lot of games in his career, but from my memory it seems like every game the Colts have played in without him, they have lost.  

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Since he was drafted I mean.  He hasn't missed a lot of games in his career, but from my memory it seems like every game the Colts have played in without him, they have lost.  

Yes, that's correct. It has actually become a quite popular stat after this loss

The Colts are now 0-7 in games without T.Y. Hilton.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Says a lot about the GM’s

3 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Says a lot about the GM’s

It says a lot that we have not had a legit #2 WR since he's been here.  It's time to draft a 2nd or 3rd round WR, preferably with some size.  That Sutton kid that the Broncos have is sort of the mold we need.  That kid is going to be special.

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

TY makes a difference...that's for sure.  The man can get open and make the play even if a pet Kangaroo is throwing to him.

But TY is getting older and we won't have him for many more years. I just hope he gets healthy and stays healthy and has a long career.

2 hours ago, tikyle said:

It says a lot that we have not had a legit #2 WR since he's been here.  It's time to draft a 2nd or 3rd round WR, preferably with some size.  That Sutton kid that the Broncos have is sort of the mold we need.  That kid is going to be special.

Apparently we were going to draft Hollywood Brown last year but he didn't make it to our draft position.

2 hours ago, tikyle said:

That's  the problem. At this point we need a 1st round wr that  can play from day one. Not some project 2nd or 3rd rounder.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 2:38 PM, tikyle said:

Well, TY was our #2 his first year and a half here (or however long into his second season before Reggie went down)... but yes since then we've tried and failed with several WRs -- DHB, Nicks, Moncrief, Andre Johnson, Dorsett, and so far Campbell and Funchess.

Hopefully Funchess gets healthy and can actually contribute.  I know Campbell was a project when he was drafted and I have faith in him, he seems to be improving since Day 1 (when he's not injured).  

I have really been impressed with Pascal and think he's just going to get better.  I was also impressed with Fountain before he got hurt.  

Let's hope the injury bug stops and we have a legit #2 in the building already... but yea, it's pretty glaringly obvious that our passing attack is far from elite when TY's not on the field.

15 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Well, TY was our #2 his first year and a half here (or however long into his second season before Reggie went down)... but yes since then we've tried and failed with several WRs -- DHB, Nicks, Moncrief, Andre Johnson, Dorsett, and so far Campbell and Funchess.

Hopefully Funchess gets healthy and can actually contribute.  I know Campbell was a project when he was drafted and I have faith in him, he seems to be improving since Day 1 (when he's not injured).  

I have really been impressed with Pascal and think he's just going to get better.  I was also impressed with Fountain before he got hurt.  

Let's hope the injury bug stops and we have a legit #2 in the building already... but yea, it's pretty glaringly obvious that our passing attack is far from elite when TY's not on the field.

Game against Steelers gave me a lot of hope for Campbell.  Then he broke his hand.

• Like 4

I have little faith that Ballard will draft a WR in the first round. He just doesn’t seem to value the position. He’ll continue to take chances in later rounds, which produce good receivers here and there. But we could really benefit from having a true stud to play alongside TY his last few years. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:07 PM, Stephen said:

That's  the problem. At this point we need a 1st round wr that  can play from day one. Not some project 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Parris Campbell is not the project that Deon Cain is, IMO. Far more talented to call him a project.

What we need to avoid, IMO, is going down the same well and sucked into 1 year rentals like Donnie Avery, Hakeem Nicks, Andre Johnson, Devin Funchess etc. that end up not giving us much in return. Signing a guy like Adam Humphries to a 3 or 4 year deal would have been nice, IMO. Tyrell Williams would also have been nice but we have swung and missed in free agency a lot, which means the market is willing to overpay and Ballard needs to adjust eventually.

TY was a 3rd rounder, if you forgot. Parris Campbell will make that sophomore jump, I have a good feeling about it. 

• Thanks 2

I think Parris will be great if he stays healthy next year. But Mclaurin was nfl ready and he could of helped immediately. It’s hard to know if Parris hadn’t had the hamstring in camp and had started the season on good footing what might of happened. We will find out soon if Funchess was the wrong signing. He never got a chance.

Thoughts on drafting a WR in the 1st round:

1. The most recent stat regarding T.Y. missing games and our inability to win in those games (0-7 in games T.Y. has missed) has highlighted the importance of the WR position.

2. Without T.Y. (our only deep threat) the opposing teams have stacked the box and played close to the LOS, taking away our short passing game and our run game.  (I am aware that JB is also to blame for the short passing game).

3. Opposing teams have stacked the boxes and have sent more blitzes, causing more difficulties for out O-lineman. We've had to keep our RBs and TE's in to help out with the blitz pick-ups, taking them out of our passing game too.

4. Without T.Y., it's been difficult to get first downs consistently, because we do not have another WR that can get open fast enough, and on a consistent basis, with reliable hands. This has put a lot of pressure on the offense, and in-turn, the defense has been on the field more.

I know that many people will say that building the trenches is more important. I agree, especially on defense. But, we have seen the negative impact of not having a player like T.Y. in the lineup has had on the offense, including the O-line. They appear to not be able to run block or pass block because of how teams can play against us without a true deep threat, or reliable pass-catcher.

38 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Parris Campbell is not the project that Deon Cain is, IMO. Far more talented to call him a project.

What we need to avoid, IMO, is going down the same well and sucked into 1 year rentals like Donnie Avery, Hakeem Nicks, Andre Johnson, Devin Funchess etc. that end up not giving us much in return. Signing a guy like Adam Humphries to a 3 or 4 year deal would have been nice, IMO. Tyrell Williams would also have been nice but we have swung and missed in free agency a lot, which means the market is willing to overpay and Ballard needs to adjust eventually.

TY was a 3rd rounder, if you forgot. Parris Campbell will make that sophomore jump, I have a good feeling about it. 

Once Funchess hits the field either this week or next and assuming he gives us solid production throughout could we not just rework the contract if we want to bring him back?  I don't see this as a total waste with the 1 year contract he received. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The one mistake Ballard made was thinking Cain was ready.

They judged from training camp throughout preseason.  I don't think it was a mistake because clearly he was making plays.  I'm not sure how much room they had to anticipate he wouldn't be ready during the live games.  His case happened a bit different from Fountain, but they both when all the smoke cleared needed to sit and learn on the PS a little bit. 

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Once Funchess hits the field either this week or next and assuming he gives us solid production throughout could we not just rework the contract if we want to bring him back?  I don't see this as a total waste with the 1 year contract he received. 

If he plays well down the stretch I expect them to resign him. He is a Reich kind of guy. I think it will all depend on what kind of chemistry him and Jacoby develop down the stretch.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

They judged from training camp throughout preseason.  I don't think it was a mistake because clearly he was making plays.  I'm not sure how much room they had to anticipate he wouldn't be ready during the live games.  His case happened a bit different from Fountain, but they both when all the smoke cleared needed to sit and learn on the PS a little bit. 

It’s crazy how many players play well in camp and can’t adjust to the game. Camp is so much different. I am not giving up on him yet. If he goes out and does what fountain did and works his butt off this off season he might turn out pretty good. I guess injuries to funchess kind of forced them to use him more and he wasn’t ready.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

1. The most recent stat regarding T.Y. missing games and our inability to win in those games (0-7 in games T.Y. has missed) has highlighted the importance of the WR position.

2. Without T.Y. (our only deep threat) the opposing teams have stacked the box and played close to the LOS, taking away our short passing game and our run game.  (I am aware that JB is also to blame for the short passing game).

3. Opposing teams have stacked the boxes and have sent more blitzes, causing more difficulties for out O-lineman. We've had to keep our RBs and TE's in to help out with the blitz pick-ups, taking them out of our passing game too.

4. Without T.Y., it's been difficult to get first downs consistently, because we do not have another WR that can get open fast enough, and on a consistent basis, with reliable hands. This has put a lot of pressure on the offense, and in-turn, the defense has been on the field more.

I know that many people will say that building the trenches is more important. I agree, especially on defense. But, we have seen the negative impact of not having a player like T.Y. in the lineup has had on the offense, including the O-line. They appear to not be able to run block or pass block because of how teams can play against us without a true deep threat, or reliable pass-catcher.

Spot on. Look at Minnesota and how teams can’t stack the box due to Diggs and Thielen. There’s other teams such that have weapons on the outside that opens up the run game. Really don’t think Reich has used play action enough this year either. Linebackerers seem to be attacking the run with no fear of the pass.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, tikyle said:

People are debating that the upcoming draft is going to be one if the best drafts for WR in a very very long time. I hope Ballard uses our first 2nd round pick on WR. Both Marvin and Reggie were first round draft picks. And if this draft is that deep, they can attain a first round talent in round 2. I hope Ballard isnt conservative when it comes to drafting a WR this year. 

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The one mistake Ballard made was thinking Cain was ready.

i think maybe Cain just sucks never mind not being ready... he was a 6th round pick remember

32 minutes ago, krunk said:

He seemed to have more chemistry with Chad Kelly than anyone else, IMO. Much like Gardner Minshew establishing chemistry with D J Chark right off the bat. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, krunk said:

No, not a total waste, but I am just tired of 1 year rentals. We should just go after guys we are sure could be around for 3 or 4 years, instead of being unsure and settling for 1 year rental guys. That is just my preference.

8 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

People are debating that the upcoming draft is going to be one if the best drafts for WR in a very very long time. I hope Ballard uses our first 2nd round pick on WR. Both Marvin and Reggie were first round draft picks. And if this draft is that deep, they can attain a first round talent in round 2. I hope Ballard isnt conservative when it comes to drafting a WR this year. 

Yeah he might. But I think Campbell can be a Reggie. He has Waynes size with TY speed. Fans just aren’t patient and want it right now. If Parris hadn’t had the injuries he would probably have close to the same stats Reggie had his rookie year. Campbell has a TD and Reggie had zero.

I would like to see another WR drafted high though because I want pascal to be the third or fourth option and for Rogers to be gone. If pascal is your fourth WR your sitting in a good spot.

Here is what I would like to see next year. TY, Campbell, another rookie or quality FA. Pascal. Then if Funchess plays well down the stretch resign him.  I think that would be a pretty good group. We can’t go into camp next season hoping Cain has developed. 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No, not a total waste, but I am just tired of 1 year rentals. We should just go after guys we are sure could be around for 3 or 4 years, instead of being unsure and settling for 1 year rental guys. That is just my preference.

Yeah I get it, although I think they are sure of Funchess talent.  It's the inconsistency that got him the 1 year deal in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He seemed to have more chemistry with Chad Kelly than anyone else, IMO. Much like Gardner Minshew establishing chemistry with D J Chark right off the bat. 

This would make sense because most of his snaps came from Kelly in camp.

23 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Spot on. Look at Minnesota and how teams can’t stack the box due to Diggs and Thielen. There’s other teams such that have weapons on the outside that opens up the run game. Really don’t think Reich has used play action enough this year either. Linebackerers seem to be attacking the run with no fear of the pass.

and there's the answer as to why the run game has been inconsistent the last few weeks. Teams are stacking the box because they don't respect the pass game right now...getting TY back, getting Funchess up to speed, and getting Campbell back should be a boost to that...barring more injuries, I can see things drastically improving the last quarter of the year. 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah I get it, although I think they are sure of Funchess talent.  It's the inconsistency that got him the 1 year deal in my opinion.

From what I read they offered him several different types of contracts. DF is the one that chose the one year deal.

He got injured which is really unfortunate. I really can’t wait to see how he does down the stretch. 

I also cant wait to see all the WR healthy down the stretch and see what the team looks like. Hopefully it won’t be to late.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah he might. But I think Campbell can be a Reggie. He has Waynes size with TY speed. Fans just aren’t patient and want it right now. If Parris hadn’t had the injuries he would probably have close to the same stats Reggie had his rookie year. Campbell has a TD and Reggie had zero.

I would like to see another WR drafted high though because I want pascal to be the third or fourth option and for Rogers to be gone. If pascal is your fourth WR your sitting in a good spot.

Here is what I would like to see next year. TY, Campbell, another rookie or quality FA. Pascal. Then if Funchess plays well down the stretch resign him.  I think that would be a pretty good group. We can’t go into camp next season hoping Cain has developed. 

Honestly I have given up on cain. I am starting to think all he has is speed. Not that the QB position is helping our WRs. I honestly really hope Chad Kelly can get is % together and become what he is talented enough to be. I really like his potential. I'm starting to lose faith that Brissett has the accuracy on the deep ball. You just dont start throwing deeper passes when a guy like Hoyer comes in like that without there being something going on with Brissett. I just constantly get the feeling Frank is holding back on the playbook and no one knows why that is exactly. 

Not saying Hoyer was throwing bombs but he was clearly throwing deeper passes. But why? And I dont have faith that we can find a QB THAT much better than Brissett where we will be picking. 

Anyways. Back to WR. I hope Cambell can amount to something and like you I want another highly drafted WR. 

58 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

They haven’t really built the trenches....the good DL players are FA signings.

• Like 1

We just need to win Sunday and get to that Texan game. By that game we should have both TY and DF back. Then the titans game we should have Campbell back. Hopefully we will becfun to watch down the stretch.

5 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Honestly I have given up on cain. I am starting to think all he has is speed. Not that the QB position is helping our WRs. I honestly really hope Chad Kelly can get is % together and become what he is talented enough to be. I really like his potential. I'm starting to lose faith that Brissett has the accuracy on the deep ball. You just dont start throwing deeper passes when a guy like Hoyer comes in like that without there being something going on with Brissett. I just constantly get the feeling Frank is holding back on the playbook and no one knows why that is exactly. 

Not saying Hoyer was throwing bombs but he was clearly throwing deeper passes. But why? And I dont have faith that we can find a QB THAT much better than Brissett where we will be picking. 

Anyways. Back to WR. I hope Cambell can amount to something and like you I want another highly drafted WR. 

We will see with Jacoby when he actually has everyone healthy on offense. Cain is a project. He has to develop. We will see if he can put it all together.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We will see with Jacoby when he actually has everyone healthy on offense. Cain is a project. He has to develop. We will see if he can put it all together.

It's just confusing to me when the staff doesn't explain why they arent passing deep. They act like it's all apart of the plan but it clearly isnt. 

I hope they go big on offense this upcoming draft. It's a very strong WR group...and I wouldn't mind throwing a mid-round pick at a TE prospect as well.

51 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

It's just confusing to me when the staff doesn't explain why they arent passing deep. They act like it's all apart of the plan but it clearly isnt. 

You should go read my post in the Brissett impression thread. Ebron made kind of a interesting comment about JB.  It kind of puts a little light on the situation. I am willing to let JB finish his contract then judge him. I want to see what he does going into next season as the man. It’s quite complicated when your given the keys to the car two weeks before the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boo2202 said:

I have little faith that Ballard will draft a WR in the first round. He just doesn’t seem to value the position. He’ll continue to take chances in later rounds, which produce good receivers here and there. But we could really benefit from having a true stud to play alongside TY his last few years. 

Ballard doesn't despise skill position players, he just thinks that we should build from the trenches outwards. So going along that line of thinking, it makes sense for him to address WR because

1. The trenches have been sufficiently built

2. WR is probably our biggest position of need

3. This draft is very deep in WRs, and Ballard loves going BPA anyways

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

If parris  can stay healthy  and hold on to the ball he could be good, but right now he just keeps  getting  injured. If it continues  he won't  be in the nfl long