Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich I'm calling you out!

NannyMcafee

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

The last 3 games you have failed to motivate your players. The last 3 games you have failed to adjust to the loss of TY Hilton. And for this entire year, you have failed to scheme for the strengths of this offense! 

I remember more than one presser from you, Reich, where you talked about how fun it would be to scheme players like Cambell! I remember you saying things like "how many weapons this team has". 

Well, scheme the damn players Reich! You have a top 20 QB remember saying that Reich? I sure as heck remember you saying that more than once. And a top 20 QB can throw the damn ball more than 15 yards! I also remember you saying that you have all the faith in the world in your QB Jacoby Brissett, and yet, you never have him throw it more than 15 yards to anyone but Pascal or TY. 

So far this year, I am losing faith in your ability to include multiple players in the scheme that is down TY Hilton. 

Where is Doyle? 

Where is Ebron? 

Where is Hines? 

Where is Cambell? 

Can Mack not catch a cold? I wouldnt know because you never tell Brissett to throw it to him. So when hes in there, there is at least a 60% to 70% chance we are running the ball! Stop allowing us to be one dimensional! 

As far as I have seen, you have not changed your approach all year long, and I am extremely disappointed in you, and in your OC Nick! 

Why has Ebron checked out? Answer me that Frank! Or are you "behind" all of your under achieving players? 

If you continue like this for the rest of the year you have taken all the faith that your earned in 2018 and threw it down the trash chute! 

Heres to a great remainder of the season! As always, Go Colts! 

*rant off*

let's be frank here ,no Andrew luck who is a elite special talent .Credit that we are 5-4 if we are going to be serious .just my opinion 

8 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

After the KC and Houston games, wasn't there a thread about how our offense is changing on a weekly basis to adjust for each opponent? In that thread, there were clear examples to back up that assertion.

And now, after a horrible loss, it's the exact opposite?

Funny how winning and losing skews our perspective.

I agree that winning and losing changes how people feel about a game. But dont put on me what other people were saying and dont out in my other threads that were started. so hes done well vs the 2 best opponents we have played. That is amazing and great and I enjoyed those games immensely. But just like Vinny, just because you have a great past doesn't mean I should kiss your * when you arent doing well. 

People like to bring up those 2 games, but that doesn't change the fact that he hasn't changed his game plan for any given team. Run the ball and hope it works! Teams are easily figuring out how to stop our run game. The only team we have actively passed against was the Texans. As for KC it was business as usual. 

I'm allowed to call out bad game planning when I see it regardless of past games of good game planning. I never said anything outlandish at all! I never said fire him. I never said I hope hes hone or anything of the like. I simply am calling him out for his unpreparedness for the last 3 games, and afterwards realizing he hasn't called his plays different all year. 

There is nothing wrong with what I have said, and we are allowed as fans to call him out when he calls 3 bad games in a row. You can go ahead and get over the fact that other forum members act like the sky is falling. But dont push that onto me like I am one of them. 

Have you followed my posts all year? I have been majorly positive and supportive. But 3 games later when you're showing you don't know what strength your team has, allows me to point out your horrible preparedness. 

I'm allowed to call Frank out for these things. And I ended my rant. I was clear on what I was doing so you can get over whatever biased thoughts you have going on about me. 

• Like 2

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

My problems have nothing to do with the QB. If you have a question ask me yourself. Dont ask others to answer for me. 

I did ask you, that's why it's in your thread. You mentioned Brissett a bunch in your OP for your problems having nothing to do with him...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

After the KC and Houston games, wasn't there a thread about how our offense is changing on a weekly basis to adjust for each opponent? In that thread, there were clear examples to back up that assertion.

I can understand fans being upset with performance and play calling yesterday. I was very upset watching that game from the Ebron interception to it's end. 

But let's not dismiss the fact we had Brian Hoyer under center minus our 3 of our top 4 Wr's. Miami played it correct. Lot's of blitzes , play man and stop the run. Pretty smart to make a rusty  back up , turnover prone , QB beat you. Plus we have a kicker that is killing us . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The last 3 games you have failed to motivate your players. The last 3 games you have failed to adjust to the loss of TY Hilton. And for this entire year, you have failed to scheme for the strengths of this offense! 

I remember more than one presser from you, Reich, where you talked about how fun it would be to scheme players like Cambell! I remember you saying things like "how many weapons this team has". 

Well, scheme the damn players Reich! You have a top 20 QB remember saying that Reich? I sure as heck remember you saying that more than once. And a top 20 QB can throw the damn ball more than 15 yards! I also remember you saying that you have all the faith in the world in your QB Jacoby Brissett, and yet, you never have him throw it more than 15 yards to anyone but Pascal or TY. 

So far this year, I am losing faith in your ability to include multiple players in the scheme that is down TY Hilton. 

Where is Doyle? 

Where is Ebron? 

Where is Hines? 

Where is Cambell? 

Can Mack not catch a cold? I wouldnt know because you never tell Brissett to throw it to him. So when hes in there, there is at least a 60% to 70% chance we are running the ball! Stop allowing us to be one dimensional! 

As far as I have seen, you have not changed your approach all year long, and I am extremely disappointed in you, and in your OC Nick! 

Why has Ebron checked out? Answer me that Frank! Or are you "behind" all of your under achieving players? 

If you continue like this for the rest of the year you have taken all the faith that your earned in 2018 and threw it down the trash chute! 

*rant off*

Pretty sure we already have this thread...

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

Does this guy realize that Brissett hasn't played in the last 6+ Quarters?

Even beyond just that it’s felt underwhelming. Yeah we’ve won some nice games that we probably shouldn’t have. But we’ve also lost some games we shouldn’t have. All of our games are 1 score games. We can’t come out and just pile on and have the game in hand early on, and coast to a finish. Look at the Falcons game. We came out and jumped all over them, but then we let them back in before all was said and done. 

I’ve said it every week this year: we don’t really disguise what we intend to do. There’s a certain running play that we see 3-5 times a week like clockwork. Jumbo set. Doyle out wide to the right. He motions in. We run the ball immediately to his left. We run that play so much I bet we could run it blindfolded. Most teams are ready and know what’s coming when we set it up, and here in the last month it’s been getting blown up routinely. 

Why are we still running that play? And not even just why are we still running it, why are we running it multiple times a game? It’s starting to feel like a microcosm of the overall problem. 

There’s just something off about it. 

In the Texans game Brissett came out and his head was on a swivel. Every play he was going through progressions finding open guys. And he had his best game as a professional.

The next week he came out and his neck was rusted shut. He was back to staring his target down and not really making reads rather than just making throws. And we struggled. Against a bad team. What he played against Pittsburgh was the same. Staring down his target. 

Why hasn’t Frank made a point of this? It’s not like it’s something that would be lost on him, Frank was a QB too. And it’s not like Jacoby just doesn’t possess the wherewithal to do it, he did it like a pro against Houston. 

There’s just something off. 

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nice rant @NannyMcafee. This team is no longer fun to watch. I realize Brissett is no Luck, but this Vanilla playcalling has destroyed my spirit. Feeling like a Jets fan with Adam Gase except we have an O-Line.

Its interesting you should mention "fun to watch". 

I was one of the guys that wanted Pagano gone for the 2 years he should have already been gone. Every sunday I watched these guys come out, and play like they didnt care about the game (and that's with a guy like Andrew Luck!!). 

If people cant see the difference between a motivated player, and an unmotivated player, I dont know hy that could possibly be. The last few games have felt straight up like I'm back with chuck pagano. I really think Andrew retiring was a huge blow to this team emotionally. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Where is Doyle? 

Where is Ebron? 

Where is Hines? 

Where is Cambell? 

*rant off*

Posting on a message board is not calling someone out.  Be a man, send this in an email to Coach.

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Its interesting you should mention "fun to watch". 

I was one of the guys that wanted Pagano gone for the 2 years he should have already been gone. Every sunday I watched these guys come out, and play like they didnt care about the game (and that's with a guy like Andrew Luck!!). 

If people cant see the difference between a motivated player, and an unmotivated player, I dont know hy that could possibly be. The last few games have felt straight up like I'm back with chuck pagano. I really think Andrew retiring was a huge blow to this team emotionally. 

The only two games that were actually "impressive" were the Chiefs and Texans. Mahomes was hurt and we were able to control time of possession while they didn't adapt, and the Texans secondary was hurt and we were able to pass all over them. Other than that, the offense has been stale and predictable.

Injuries hurt us, but we've been way too safe. If Brissett won't stop being a game manager, then we need to draft the next Luck. I don't want to try and repeat what Eagles did for 10 more years.

There’s been several instances in the last few games where it was run, run, both successfully.  Then the alignment telegraphed yet another run, which was then easily defended.  I thought several times, jeez, going to the well too often. If ever the play action was well set up, those were the spots, but nope, went with the predictable run.

I fear Reich is being a little too stubborn at times, in sticking with the run rather than mixing it up with play action.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I agree that winning and losing changes how people feel about a game. But dont put on me what other people were saying and dont out in my other threads that were started. so hes done well vs the 2 best opponents we have played. That is amazing and great and I enjoyed those games immensely. But just like Vinny, just because you have a great past doesn't mean I should kiss your * when you arent doing well. 

People like to bring up those 2 games, but that doesn't change the fact that he hasn't changed his game plan for any given team. Run the ball and hope it works! Teams are easily figuring out how to stop our run game. The only team we have actively passed against was the Texans. As for KC it was business as usual. 

I'm allowed to call out bad game planning when I see it regardless of past games of good game planning. I never said anything outlandish at all! I never said fire him. I never said I hope hes hone or anything of the like. I simply am calling him out for his unpreparedness for the last 3 games, and afterwards realizing he hasn't called his plays different all year. 

There is nothing wrong with what I have said, and we are allowed as fans to call him out when he calls 3 bad games in a row. You can go ahead and get over the fact that other forum members act like the sky is falling. But dont push that onto me like I am one of them. 

Have you followed my posts all year? I have been majorly positive and supportive. But 3 games later when you're showing you don't know what strength your team has, allows me to point out your horrible preparedness. 

I'm allowed to call Frank out for these things. And I ended my rant. I was clear on what I was doing so you can get over whatever biased thoughts you have going on about me. 

And therefore your plan is to have Hoyer pass the ball to Pascal, Rodgers, and Marcus Johnson?

I don't think it was bad gameplanning. Our offensive gameplan was to run the ball. And it worked. What went wrong was that once they stack the box, Hoyer can't throw it for more than 3 yards, and decides that he should chuck it to the end zone every play on that last drive instead of dumping it off to Hines. Oh, and Ebron caught the ball in the end zone and let a DB rip it away from him for an INT. They scored a FG off of that. That's a 10 point swing. Then Vinny missed a XP, forcing us to go for a TD at the end of a game instead of kicking a FG. Potential 4 point swing.

There comes a point where the players have to execute. That loss was on the players, specifically Hoyer, Ebron, and Vinny

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only two games that were actually "impressive" were the Chiefs and Texans. Mahomes was hurt and we were able to control time of possession while they didn't adapt, and the Texans secondary was hurt and we were able to pass all over them. Other than that, the offense has been stale and predictable.

Injuries hurt us, but we've been way too safe. If Brissett won't stop being a game manager, then we need to draft the next Luck. I don't want to try and repeat what Eagles did for 10 more years.

What does Brissett have to do with anything

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I really think Brissett has the ability to throw it deep a lot more than he has been.. why did he throw it deep so often in 2017? Because the coaches told him to. Hes not magically unable to throw it deep. For crying out loud you had more faith in him to throw it deep early last season than you did Andrew. 

I just dont buy that he isnt capable. Even he has said this year that "the deep ball is coming". 

Seems like we arent playing to our players strengths and playing to what we "want" our strengths to be. No one is amune to being one dimensional. 

3 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

And therefore your plan is to have Hoyer pass the ball to Pascal, Rodgers, and Marcus Johnson?

I don't think it was bad gameplanning. Our offensive gameplan was to run the ball. And it worked. What went wrong was that once they stack the box, Hoyer can't throw it for more than 3 yards, and decides that he should chuck it to the end zone every play on that last drive instead of dumping it off to Hines. Oh, and Ebron caught the ball in the end zone and let a DB rip it away from him for an INT. They scored a FG off of that. That's a 10 point swing. Then Vinny missed a XP, forcing us to go for a TD at the end of a game instead of kicking a FG. Potential 4 point swing.

There comes a point where the players have to execute. That loss was on the players, specifically Hoyer, Ebron, and Vinny

What does Brissett have to do with anything

Brissett never throws it farther then 10-15 yds. He's a game manager and our long-term QB for now. I could care less about Hoyer.

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

LOL.  So true.  But that's what boards are for.  

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I disagree with the Texans game. For the most part, we contained their offense. Sure they put up points, but that’s inevitable with Watson. Go back and look at how many drives of theirs we stopped, it’s actually unprecedented compared to their other games.

Also, if you want the next Luck, we’ll need to start begging Miami, Cincy, or NYJ to give us their first-rounder

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I really think Brissett has the ability to throw it deep a lot more than he has been.. why did he throw it deep so often in 2017? Because the coaches told him to. Hes not magically unable to throw it deep. For crying out loud you had more faith in him to throw it deep early last season than you did Andrew. 

I just dont buy that he isnt capable. Even he has said this year that "the deep ball is coming". 

Seems like we arent playing to our players strengths and playing to what we "want" our strengths to be. No one is amune to being one dimensional. 

Brissett absolutely has the ability to throw it deep. He chooses to be a game manager so he doesn't make mistakes and it's annoying.

I'm not too low on Frank yet.  I still think hes a fantastic coach that has had his team in a position to win all but one game this year.

The colts are not world beaters talent wise.  I think were seeing good game plans, schemed for the talent we have, and executed by mostly young, developing players.  Ultimately being sunk by catastrophic on field errors from unexpected sources.  And yet still all games (won or lost) have been within one score.

In a position to win, week in week out, in spite of injury, talent, healthy scratches, negative plays, etc. That's a positive thing and proof that we're capable of overcoming the myriad errors we've witnessed this year. 

The foundation here is strong.

We're reacting to these losses like this team is stacked and healthy, right now it's neither.

I'm not saying there arent problems, clearly there are.  I think Reich is in real danger of losing this locker room, and deserves to shoulder some of the blame, but the front office needs to send a strong message this week to wake these guys up.  The next three games are the season.

I still believe in what frank is doing but it's time for a reality check followed closely by a gut check.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

I disagree with the Texans game. For the most part, we contained their offense. Sure they put up points, but that’s inevitable with Watson. Go back and look at how many drives of theirs we stopped, it’s actually unprecedented compared to their other games.

Also, if you want the next Luck, we’ll need to start begging Miami, Cincy, or NYJ to give us their first-rounder

Justin Herbert has the ability to be as good as Luck and we may not have to trade up to get him. Even if we do I wouldn't mind.

1 minute ago, Sumo63 said:

I'm not too low on Frank yet.  I still think hes a fantastic coach that has had his team in a position to win all but one game this year.

The colts are not world beaters talent wise.  I think were seeing good game plans, schemed for the talent we have, and executed by mostly young, developing players.  Ultimately being sunk by catastrophic on field errors from unexpected sources.  And yet still all games (won or lost) have been within one score.

In a position to win, week in week out, in spite of injury, talent, healthy scratches, negative plays, etc. That's a positive thing and proof that we're capable of overcoming the myriad errors we've witnessed this year. 

The foundation here is strong.

We're reacting to these losses like this team is stacked and healthy, right now it's neither.

I'm not saying there arent problems, clearly there are.  I think Reich is in real danger of losing this locker room, and deserves to shoulder some of the blame, but the front office needs to send a strong message this week to wake these guys up.  The next three games are the season.

I still believe in what frank is doing but it's time for a reality check followed closely by a gut check.

No, this game Vs the Jags is the season. We lose, and we have a tough schedule at 5-5 with a tough division and some guys still hurt. We NEED to win this week.

And one other thing.  Why does Mack come out of the game after every decent run he has?  Is he taking himself out?  Is it Frank?  Does he get tired that fast?  What's the story?  Guys used to fight to stay in the game.  He runs right off and he's not even breathing hard.  I have to believe this is on Frank.  I would hope Mack would want to stay in the game and Frank is probably pulling him.  Either way it makes no sense.  Our best RB comes out after one good play.  Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No, this game Vs the Jags is the season. We lose, and we have a tough schedule at 5-5 with a tough division and some guys still hurt. We NEED to win this week.

I agree, I was speaking under the impression we will need all three w's.  But you're right in that the games will happen one at a time.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Brissett never throws it farther then 10-15 yds. He's a game manager and our long-term QB for now. I could care less about Hoyer.

He is at least capable of throwing an accurate ball 20-30 yards downfield. If we can at least open up the field a little bit, that would help a lot in putting pressure off of our pass game.

1 minute ago, BigQungus said:

He is at least capable of throwing an accurate ball 20-30 yards downfield. If we can at least open up the field a little bit, that would help a lot in putting pressure off of our pass game.

He's definitely capable, he just doesn't want too, which is aggravating since it limits our playbook. At least be creative with the short game which we aren't doing.