Indianapolis Colts
dew5150

Rigoberto Sanchez

Did you know he used to kick field goals in college?

Did you also know he made all his field goals and missed only one extra point his senior year?

Yup

13/13 field goals w/ a long of 55 yards

49/50 on extra points

Just sayin'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

Did you also know he made all his field goals and missed only one extra point his senior year?

Yup

49/50 on extra points

Just sayin'

I’d wish Ballard had thought of this. The missing link, already on the team. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dew5150 said:

Yup

49/50 on extra points

Just sayin'

I know we'll hear; "Punting and placekicking?? That's too much to expect for one man."....George Blanda, in his 40's, played QB and had the placekicking duties. I'm pretty sure the training regimens in the 40's, 50's, 60's. and 70's wasn't as sophisticated as it is today.....Give Rigo a shot. What have we got to lose?

As of now, Rigo could hold and kick at the same time and our FG situation would be upgraded.

• Haha 4

Does beg the question if there are any decent punters out there to get through the year.  

Spencer Evans was pretty good, holds the Kicker accuracy and strength records for Purdue. Think he last tried out for the Bears but didn’t get it, so maybe not good enough for the Pros?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Shepman said:

Does beg the question if there are any decent punters out there to get through the year.  

I think you missed my post. I'm saying, let him do both.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MPStack said:

I'm guessing a serviceable punter/holder to take over those duties is easier to find than a decent place kicker.

51 minutes ago, Hammer said:

I think you missed my post. I'm saying, let him do both.

That is too big of risk as one injury wipes you out.  Plus that is a lot of wear and tear because they also have to kickoff.

10 minutes ago, Shepman said:

That is too big of risk as one injury wipes you out.  Plus that is a lot of wear and tear because they also have to kickoff.

Wear and tear? They kick thousands of times in practice, a few more kicks in a game is nothing.

A two and one kick/punter is a deviant idea as of now in the NFL. Also, and mainly, it's just hard to be good enough in one at the NFL level, let alone both.

1 minute ago, Shepman said:

Wear and tear?  GMAB    ;^)

• Like 1

I thought he would be the PK by now.  Sorry coaching and strategy. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Sanchez hasn't even done a good job punting and holding for Vinny this season...

I was just talking to a friend about how I haven't been impressed with his punting ability. He's got to be around in the bottom or at least below average in avg yards per punt. He definitely doesn't switch that field position on a team as much as one would like. 

But hey, if he's an accurate place kicker, why not. 

8 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I was just talking to a friend about how I haven't been impressed with his punting ability. He's got to be around in the bottom or at least below average in avg yards per punt. He definitely doesn't switch that field position on a team as much as one would like. 

He is 21 but all the punters are pretty close so the rank doesn’t mean much.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=U

Have AV hold for him and let Sanchez try the PAT's. Then AV try kicking the longer FG's.

You know, less "wear and tear" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would be in favor of letting Sanchez kick the extra points.  Let Adam do the field goals.  That would give us a fighting chance and he could still be part of the team.  But would Adam go along with it if presented to him?   Something tells me that would be a hard pill for him to swallow.  

3 hours ago, cjrulli said:

He is so hit and miss, which is not good in a 16 game NFL season. When he's punting around midfield, I feel like we have one of the better punters (even though with Frank, we are more likely to just go for it on 4th down in that scenario), as Rigo has done a nice job this season many times and letting guys like Dulin pin it inside the 3 yard line. Then when we are backed deep in our own territory, especially during crucial defensive stretches where you want to flip the field, he puts up a dud that most big program college punters can beat. It's just hit and miss. 

This ongoing field goal fiasco is a lot on Vinny, but Sanchez hasn't been great at holding which stems from Rhodes being unbelievably bad this season on fieldgoals. Unbelievably bad. They are doing Vinny no favor to get out of this slump. 

Now to say Sanchez should kick is not even a question. Vinny is not going to hold field goals for someone else. He'd rather quit tomorrow, and that's not going to happen apparently under Ballard/Reich, so we can move on from it. Why not just go for two every time and let Vinny strictly kick fieldgoals that are high percentage for him based on distance/field spot, and ONLY when 4th and medium to long. It's getting to the point where our 4th down and two point conversion ratings are better odds than Vinny kicking. 

22 hours ago, MPStack said:

he cant see the forest for the trees

22 hours ago, ColtsAC said:

Sure wouldn't hurt to check that out in practice.

Do you honestly believe they have not seen him kick PATs and FGs in practice?  

• Haha 1