Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts favored by 2 1/2 next week

coltsorioles

Just now, TheMiz said:

Aww, sorry. I don't mean to be a downer, But realistically of the four losses which of those teams do you consider to be a contender?

I’m mostly joking man, no big deal lol. Out of those four, I’d say the Raiders are a wildcard team. It sucks losing to those teams, but it’s not unprecedented for us to lose to crap teams. That doesn’t mean it’s not worrying, it just means that maybe we shouldn’t call off the rest of the season because of it. I remember a certain Colts team that lost to a couple of bad teams and went on to win the SB

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I don't think you can say the offensive line played better, rather they played a defense/dline that is pathetic.

If they had played better we would have avg more than 3.8 ypc against the worst run def in the league and Hoyer wouldn't have been hit the face multiple times.

That is my biggest concern.  For whatever reason, the oline is not playing very well (for them).  Glowinski and Smith seem to have regressed the most, especially in pass protection. Not sure what's going on. 

2 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Fitzmagic was too much for us.

Hoenstly though, let’s look at this:

-Hoyer is garbage, but Brisset will likely play

-Our top two WR yesterday were Zach Pascal and Chester Rogers

-The D played well most of the game

-Our OL was much better than against Pitt

-We still haven’t lost a division game (knocks furiously on wood)

-We still have 5 wins, and could finish the year 12-4

-The AFC is weak

Now, are those excuses for yesterday? No, we still played like crap.

But we have reason for optimism, and I think things will get better.

Let’s go out there these next three weeks and punch Jax, Hou, and Ten right in their mouths and claim back the South!

Go Colts!!!

(Also, would it really be a Colts football season if we didn’t lose at least one game against a garbage team?)

All true (including that miserable performance yesterday).  However, you aren't allowed to look at the bright side until Wednesday at the earliest. 

5 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Really? Funch had a freak injury. Are you really going to blame him for that? It sounds like you are, but that can't be because that would be ridiculously dumb.

Perhaps, you just hated the signing from the get-go and now you can use this injury as justification...

I don't care who's fault it was. Point is the dude has been a ghost all year. 

But your prolly right, once he returns to the lineup all our problems vanish... Super Bowl here we come! 

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

You are quite the rat. Useless here so you are Fired. Bye bye.

Sorry if I don't have your Hitler Youth like fanaticism for a trash team. 

I assume you are saving money for Colts super bowl tickets this year? 

Sorry to disturb your blindly pro Colts echo chamber. GO Colts!!! 

Next week is the biggest game of the season. It is our response game to a humiliating defeat at home. If we lose next week and play somewhat like we have the last 4 weeks, the season is over and a lot of questions about coaching should pop up. I don't care who is healthy or not. Our team shouldn't go to absolute garbage just by losing TY and an average CB in Desir. (Ik hoyer was in last week but we've sucked even with Jacoby in.)

Just now, MPStack said:

A bit extreme, from a consistent negative poster! 

Sorry for disturbing your echo chamber. I always forget this forum is just for cheerleading. Good thing we have people like you taking time out of your day to remind us. 

Homer 

1 minute ago, Ratking said:

Sorry for disturbing your echo chamber. I always forget this forum is just for cheerleading. Good thing we have people like you taking time out of your day to remind us. 

Homer 

Maybe your meds aren’t working, because they continuously have you post negative, childish comments.

Word of advice, seek help and leave the keyboard alone.

In a thread about terrible losses,  I thought I'd might remind that we beat Kansas City and we beat Houston.      Both on the road.     Both upsets.

This is a two-game streak.   I appreciate that it feels much worse.   But as of today,  it's just two games.    We'll see how things go Sunday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In a thread about terrible losses,  I thought I'd might remind that we beat Kansas City and we beat Houston.      Both on the road.     Both upsets.

This is a two-game streak.   I appreciate that it feels much worse.   But as of today,  it's just two games.    We'll see how things go Sunday.

We play at Houston on TNF.

• Like 1

I am at the point to where I am not sure how good this team is. IMO we would be 7-2 had JB finished the Steelers game and played yesterday but even with him we have been scraping by. It is amazing 2 players can make that much of a difference but not having JB and TY do. It does because every game we play in comes down to a 1 score game and there is no margin for error. We seem to play down to the level of our competition = Oakland and Miami, and get up for the good teams = KC and Houston. Reich has been a very good coach so far if not great at times but yesterday was the first time I questioned his play calling. I did not like it on that last drive. Hoyer at QB didn't help but the play calling at the end reminded me of Chuck. I have never said that about Reich. Assuming JB plays Sunday, a 3 point spread sounds about right but we could very well lose again if we play like we did yesterday. 

• Like 1

In my opinion, these next stretch of divisional games is crucial and the next 4 overall are crucial before they go to New Orleans in 5 weeks on Monday Night Football. I want to say TY comes back for the Houston game but thats a stretch. 

Favored by only two points at home against the Jaguars is a joke. Now you see why its important to beat the teams you're supposed to beat if you want to considered a legitimate playoff team.

The Texans are playing the Ravens in Baltimore next week. The way the Ravens are playing thats an L for them.