Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your thought on Ballard sticking with Vinny.

Nesjan3

Whats your opinion on Ballard sticking with Vinny?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your opinion on Ballard sticking with Vinny?

• The first Big mistake of his Colts tenure, Vinny showed clear signs of decline at the end of last season. Messed it up badly.
    • Hindsight is 20/20, can't knock him for resigning a HOF kicker, mistakes made now move on.
    • Any GM would have resigned AV he is a clear cut HOF kicker and we should stick with him cause there nobody better.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2019 at 06:00 AM

26 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There is one reason Koo was still available his inconsistency 

The problem is that right now that might be an upgrade from Adam.  Adam has been at best inconsistent this season and is becoming dangerously close to consistently bad, especially on extra points, and the Colts can’t afford to keep giving away those points.

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

He didn't help and he has cost us points in 6 of the nine games this year.

That’s correct it’s become a repeated problem.  Just because he wasn’t the biggest problem on Sunday (that was Hoyer IMO) doesn’t mean you just ignore Adam being a repeated problem.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The problem is that right now that might be an upgrade from Adam.  Adam has been at best inconsistent this season and is becoming dangerously close to consistently bad, especially on extra points, and the Colts can’t afford to keep giving away those points.

He is no longer available so stop name dropping

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Still think the kid we had during the preseason should be brought in

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He is no longer available so stop name dropping

I didn’t bring up that name but there are other kickers out there who are probably  on same level as Yoo.  My bigger point is Adam is on that level and is no longer so far above the guys out there that you can’t consider bringing one in.

Vinny has missed 5 field goal attempts, but what is more concerning is that he's missed 6 extra point attempts.

I think most of the kickers that are available would be an instant upgrade to the extra point issues, (those should be automatic) and would be on par with Vinny, if not better, at kicking field goals. It's clearly time to move on.

image.png.87d550cdfac012549f77d955a90d8c53.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

Vinny has missed 5 field goal attempts, but what is more concerning is that he's missed 6 extra point attempts.

I think most of the kickers that are available would be an instant upgrade to the extra point issues, (those should be automatic) and would be on par with Vinny, if not better, at kicking field goals. It's clearly time to move on.

image.png.87d550cdfac012549f77d955a90d8c53.png

I agree. Even I can make the extra points.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I didn’t bring up that name but there are other kickers out there who are probably  on same level as Yoo.  My bigger point is Adam is on that level and is no longer so far above the guys out there that you can’t consider bringing one in.

I know you didn’t 

My point was that at this point the only guys available have major flaws

The guys that have some promise are under contract In the CFL or XFL

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Did you see the falcons game. We had a guy named KOO in for a tryout at the beginning of season. He made all his kicks yesterday for the falcons. 

He was also 1 of 4 from kicks 40+ yards in 2017.  Yesterday he had one FG over 40 yards. 

Not saying who is better because I don't really care.  The answer to who is ultimately better for the rest of 2019 would take time to play out and the fact of the matter is, it could go worse if we dropped Vinny and signed Koo. 

That being the case, it's entirely reasonable sticking with Vinny. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't...

12 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

On the last drive a field goal would have tied the game if our kicker kicks a freaking extra point. This loss is squarely on him

3 hours ago, masterlock said:

But he contributed to the loss. Whenever you are in position to score, such as a field goal or extra point attempt, and you miss, that directly contributes to the final outcome. As has been pointed out, if he makes the extra point, then the Colts can tie the score with a FG, rather than needing a touchdown. That is significant.

3 hours ago, Ratking said:

Then you and I must have watched a different game. 

Which had a bigger impact on us losing the game, One point or three interceptions? 1 point or throwing 2/10 midway through the 2nd quarter? 1 point or not throwing to a wide open Pascal and throwing to a triple covered tight end? Vinny is missing kicks and its hurting the team but the loss is not on him. Like stated previously even if we do tie the game and go to overtime we could barely move the ball against a team that's been trying to lose. This loss is on Hoyer and Reich for not pulling him out of the game.

It's not like I'd ever quit watching or cheering for the colts because I bleed blue but every day vinatieri is still on the team I just get more and more upset. There is no reason for a kicker to blow 3 games and still have a job on any team in this league. You can find anyone to be that bad. The clutch factor he has is gone.

12 minutes ago, twfish said:

Which had a bigger impact on us losing the game, One point or three interceptions? 1 point or throwing 2/10 midway through the 2nd quarter? 1 point or not throwing to a wide open Pascal and throwing to a triple covered tight end? Vinny is missing kicks and its hurting the team but the loss is not on him. Like stated previously even if we do tie the game and go to overtime we could barely move the ball against a team that's been trying to lose. This loss is on Hoyer and Reich for not pulling him out of the game.

I’d have to agree here, Vinny sucked yesterday, but Hoyer is by far the biggest reason we lost. Man can’t even manage a game ffs

• Like 2

Just now, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Here’s an idea:

-Vinny retires or “retires” whichever one

-New kicker is signed

-Vinny becomes our kicking coach and helps the new guy

Seems like a win-win to me

Also, do the Eagles still need CB help? I’d trade them Quincy Wilson for Jake Elliott in a heartbeat, though I doubt they’d take it.

I guarantee they won't take the deal, considering the trade deadline has passed.

Just now, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Here’s an idea:

-New kicker is signed

Also, do the Eagles still need CB help? I’d trade them Quincy Wilson for Jake Elliott in a heartbeat, though I doubt they’d take it.

Trade deadline has passed unfortunately, I do love the Pink Floyd quote btw 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was responding to the person saying you can’t find anyone better then Vinny. Well the falcons did.

Well good for the Falcons, Koo doesn’t help us anymore. Also, one game with good kicking does not make you a solution to a kicking problem

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I guarantee they won't take the deal, considering the trade deadline has passed.

Lol good point, my brain is dead today

1 minute ago, twfish said:

Trade deadline has passed unfortunately, I do love the Pink Floyd quote btw 

Thanks, one of my favorite songs

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

The post has nothing to do with this game, its a poll about your thoughts involving Ballard and Vinny. If your feeling pertain to any of the answers vote, if not all good, but this is a convo for another thread

Are you a mod now? Where is the rule that says poll threads are for the poll and zero discussion? Lol

If two Vinny threads is a problem, the mods will merge them

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Here’s an idea:

-New kicker is signed

So random...lol

2 hours ago, BigQungus said:

I love how everyone is saying that Ballard made a big mistake when only a few people were saying that signing Vinny was a mistake when it actually happened. C'mon guys, be consistent

I didnt like it when they brought him back in the off season, there were plenty of others saying the same.  he finished poorly last year too

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Here’s an idea:

-New kicker is signed

I was literally thinking the exact same thing yesterday. We should give Vinny 75% of his remaining salary to become a kicking coach. One thing the fans don't see is the locker room. If you watch the videos, Vinny is a locker room leader. I love having him and his experience in there. However, we cannot afford to have him on the field anymore. We just can't. This would be the best thing to do

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I didnt like it when they brought him back in the off season, there were plenty of others saying the same.  he finished poorly last year too

I at least respect that very much, even if I think it wasn't really a good argument given the information we had at the time

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I also did not want him back. Yet the vast majority said the most obvious decision Ballard had to make was to resign AV. The decision to sign him was often referred to as a "no-brainer"

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Are you a mod now? Where is the rule that says poll threads are for the poll and zero discussion? Lol

If two Vinny threads is a problem, the mods will merge them

Just trying to keep my post on a linear conversation about Ballards decision to re-sign vinny and not get into the game but it doesn't really matter. No i am not a mod no need to get hostile lol relax