Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
indyagent17

What quarterback in the 2020 draft do you want to lead this team

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

we’re not going to be picking near high enough

That’s the problem. This team is going to be just good enough each year to put us picking in the mid teens. Ballard should be accustomed to this from his time with Alex Smith and the chiefs. Then they finally moved up and got their guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they kept playing Hoyer we'd probably have our pick of the litter lol. 

 

In all seriousness, if they're picking in the 15-20 range they could take Herbert, Love, Fromm, or Hurts. If they wait til the 2nd then that list probably shrinks considerably. Idk that they take anyone, a lot will depend on how JB finishes the season, but up to this point he's been fairly impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If they kept playing Hoyer we'd probably have our pick of the litter lol. 

 

In all seriousness, if they're picking in the 15-20 range they could take Herbert, Love, Fromm, or Hurts. If they wait til the 2nd then that list probably shrinks considerably. Idk that they take anyone, a lot will depend on how JB finishes the season, but up to this point he's been fairly impressive. 

If anyone take Jalen Hurts in the first round, my god that would be terrible.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burrow looking like he may be the guy this year.  But if I had a choice, give me Justin Fields in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

He's lighting it up at Oklahoma? Most mocks have him in the 1st

Again good luck with that pick. Can you say Akili Smith

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jacoby Brissett, he may be ok. Not sure. lmao 

I like what Jacoby has done for the Colts, My biggest pet peeve on him is not consistently  being able to stretch the field, when needed. I'm not putting all of the blame on just the receiving core.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

What about Andy Dalton or Can Newton? We're more likely to baby a free agent than a high draft QB.

Dear god not dalton ,might be interested in cam

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I like what Jacoby has done for the Colts, My biggest pet peeve on him is not consistently  being able to stretch the field, when needed. I'm not putting all of the blame on just the receiving core.   

We would be 7-2 with him and this discussion would be comical. OK I guess we will find out what he does against the Jags, Texans, and Titans because we have to win them all now. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We would be 7-2 with him and this discussion would be comical. OK I guess we will find out what he does against the Jags, Texans, and Titans because we have to win them all now. 

Don't think so, we still would be an average team trying to over achieve. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the draft, Burrow is the best in college right now but he is no Andrew Luck. He will go #1 so we have no chance at him. He may not be a great a pro anyway. Some of the QB's that have came out lately haven't been good. Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, Mayfield, Darnold = all iffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard, Irsay and Reich will try to talk Luck into coming back.  That's our best option really though Burrow looks like he has "It". 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the draft, Burrow is the best in college right now but he is no Andrew Luck. He will go #1 so we have no chance at him. He may not be a great a pro anyway. Some of the QB's that have came out lately haven't been good. Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, Mayfield, Darnold = all iffy.

But then you have some that came out too that are phenominal. Watson, Mahomes, Jackson. None of those guys looked like Andrew Luck coming out.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard, Irsay and Reich will try to talk Luck into coming back.  That's our best option really though Burrow looks like he has "It". 

Man  I wish he would but bad feeling he's done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua and Burrow are gone in the first 4-5 picks. The Bengals and Dolphins are taking QBs. That leaves Herbert, Fromm, Love, Eason, and Hurts...none of those guys really inspire confidence. Maybe if they could get the guy they want to drop to the Skins pick in the 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard, Irsay and Reich will try to talk Luck into coming back.  That's our best option really though Burrow looks like he has "It". 

Please no. Don’t think I could handle the year to year agony wonder if luck really wants to play or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenzicocapontas said:

But then you have some that came out too that are phenominal. Watson, Mahomes, Jackson. None of those guys looked like Andrew Luck coming out.

True, maybe Ballard can get his Mahomes if he does draft a QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True, maybe Ballard can get his Mahomes if he does draft a QB. 

I mean, if they get one of the guys that probably needs a year like Herbert or Eason, then it's the perfect situation because we have Jacoby next year anyways. Let em sit a year like Mahomes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True, maybe Ballard can get his Mahomes if he does draft a QB. 

He might just pick up a guy and have him sit on the bench and learn while Brissett continues to work and develop himself. Gives JB time to prove it still, and a young qb can get acclimated while the rest of the team hopefully continues to build? Food for thought. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boo2202 said:

Please no. Don’t think I could handle the year to year agony wonder if luck really wants to play or not

I get it but he was hurt and depressed.  He's a competitor and he just might get that itch to play again.  Because of his age and who he is I wouldn't rule it out.  He might have needed time away to gather himself and completely heal.  We shall see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have no recievers that can get separation consistently besides TY. Need to go after something in free agency for once

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake Fromm maybe.....or A Luck, good possibility b/c he's sitting out this year to heal and come back strong in 2020 w/ the ammos that we'll have in draft....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thunderbolt said:

Jake Fromm maybe.....or A Luck, good possibility b/c he's sitting out this year to heal and come back strong in 2020 w/ the ammos that we'll have in draft....

I think after sitting out a year - he gets 100% healthy, the wife and baby driving getting on his nerves lol, watching the talent we have on this team, and he is still only 31, don't rule out #12 coming back. This is all a guess, I have no sources but anything is possible. He is friends with players on the team too. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, runthepost said:

We have no recievers that can get separation consistently besides TY. Need to go after something in free agency for once


Blasphemy. Unless they are willing to play for 1,000,000 but no more

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We would be 7-2 with him and this discussion would be comical. OK I guess we will find out what he does against the Jags, Texans, and Titans because we have to win them all now. 

I feel like im taking crazy pills. Why is this not the majority opinion? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I feel like im taking crazy pills. Why is this not the majority opinion? 


Probably because “if’s” don’t matter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I feel like im taking crazy pills. Why is this not the majority opinion? 

It should be but it isn't in here haha . That is my opinion though being the 7-2 post :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I see a lot of people praising Ben Bartch:   Ben Bartch, Sain John's | HT: 6056 | WT: 308 | HAND: 9 1/8 | ARM: 33 | WING: 80 1/8    
    • There are several problems with that idea.   First you have to define what it means to "retire early"   Next you have to come up with a system that determines what compensation a team will receive based upon the player.     Than you have to address the possibility that this could be gamed by having say an injured player "retire early" to get the comp pick only for him to announce his re-entry to the NFL the very next year.     Honestly the only thing I could see doing is maybe providing compensation for a player who while healthy retires from football during his rookie contract based on where he was selected and how many years he actually played.  Even then it's dicey.   I think with all the complexities it doesn't make much sense overall.  The psychology of the player, the likely-hood that he might retire early is just going to have to be something that team's scout for.  One of the things that was never mentioned as a weakness with Luck I think was his varied interests.  I've said before that I had a feeling that he might retire a little early because of those things, I just thought early was more like 35 and not 30.   Just means that you are going to have to do your homework on your player and a player who seems like a person that might have dreams other than football would have to go as a negative on their draft profile as someone who might give it all up early to pursue other things. 
    • My bold prediction with a rocky start  
    • Herbert is showing off now. lol. There are colt scouts all front and center watching.     
    • I remember Deebo Samuel putting on a clinic at the Senior Bowl last year and so wanted him for us in Round 2, with our early Jets pick.   Everyone has got a plan till they get punched in the mouth.  When the pads come on and contact is allowed within 5 yards, we will see how well the WRs separate. Deebo's translated to the NFL and the 49ers are reaping the rewards. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...