Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I know that.  I'm saying the 25/25 is indicative of him not being the right guy, not meaning just next year.  Sorry for the confusion.   I say pick the sure thing at 13, because simply picking a QB at 13 out of need isn't going to help.    Its going to take a long time to get a QB, a #1DT, a LT, and #1WR.   about 4 years.   So why does it matter which one you pick first?   You pick the one that you know won't set you back another year, IMO.
    • I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. There is NO great solution for us next year at the QB spot. There is no QB on our roster, or in FA or in the draft that will play great for us next year. NONE of them is the solution right away. I know this will sound bad but... forget about next year. Think long-term. Luck retiring at that moment screwed us over majorly. There is no good solution for us for the 2020 season at QB. The question is not whether Herbert or Love will put 25-25 in a 6-10 season in 2020. The question is whether Herbert or Love will be franchise QBs between 2021 and 2031+. This is where we should be looking at, not at 2020. This is what should make your decision - whether you think they are franchise QB long-term. not whether they will struggle as rookies.    There is not a draft pick that will make this team a contender next year. Not Jeudy, not Brown... hell.... you know what... even Chase Young. If the offense is relying on the same type of play that Brissett gave us last year, it wouldn't matter what Derrick Brown is doing. We might finish 9-7 instead of 7-9. Does it matter? And then we will be faced with the same decision next year's draft... only this time we will be drafting even later and in potentially worse QB class(at least past Lawrence and Fields). And then you will again have to say - why not draft the next no. 17 WR/DT/OT if the QB you draft will finish the following year 25/25. No rookie will be amazing. This is not the question. The question is whether you think the QB you draft will be great for the next 10-15 years, not for next year.    edit: Just to add something - one more thing people forget - whoever you draft is not a sure thing. Even Derrick Brown and Jerry Jeudy. Look at last year- Quinnen WIlliams, who I loved in the draft and went no. 3. He had horrible year for the Jets. The same uncertainty that you have for the QBs, you have for all other players that drop to 13. Also - very few rookies are amazing year 1, even if they pan out long-term. 
    • Nobody is saying anything differently.  But he has to be the right guy.  If college graduation or declaration doesn't produce that this year, you move on to a right guy at another position.  I would think a right guy at one of three positions; WR, OT, or DT would be on the board. 
  • Members