Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah, count me as skeptical on Rivers too.   I guess the main positive would be potentially having a rookie QB to learn from him. And best case, he actually does have a decent year or two left.
    • Hilton, Jeudy and Campell would be a sweet WR group if they remain healthy. 
    • I heard that too. It does free up our draft pick options but I just do not know if Rivers has the arm to connect on those passes farther down the field as he used to. He does not throw things on a rope. He does lead his pass catchers very well underneath, and uses everyone including TEs and RBs in the passing game, and reads coverages very well. He would be like an older but cheaper version of Derek Carr to me without Carr's upside. It would, however, be a band-aid, with another reset after 2 more years, at the latest.   If you sign Rivers, why would we need Chad Kelly and Brian Hoyer at that point since you'd still be paying Brissett that would have several years in our system and can be an expensive back up moving forward?? The dead cap to cut Brissett is $12.5 mil., so I don't think we'd cut him even if we sign Rivers.
    • I will be so disappointed. We have a young team. We need a young QB to go with that. The fact FA comes before the draft makes me mad. I would be ok with it if we didn’t get the Qb we want in the draft. Once our players get older it’s to late to draft a young QB to go with them. This is the time to go get one to grow with this young team.
    • I don't know. That is a lot of stretch picks. Kinlaw can go in the top 15, Jefferson at the end of the first, and Love is supposed to go in the first round.
  • Members